• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Armory breeding ground has very bad math applied

edeba

Ok... I have always been able to reset manufacturers on a 3-4 hour schedule, which also means you can reset the barrack... I was wondering how you didn't have a significant queue, but our perception of whats needed is very different...

Just over 11h which is the bare minimum for me to make troops 24/7.
Obviously reducing armories to level 31 and saving ~50 squares while increasing training queue would help me in many ways.

SoggyShorts

our perception of whats needed is very different...
Indeed. Actually, if they hadn't given me wishing wells I would have aimed for logging in once every 24h since there's really no point playing more often at the end.
As is I'll just go to 12/13h and log in twice a day.

CrazyWizard

Yeah, this change does nothing for me. I couldn't care less about orcs, I build armories for the training size.:(

Why? I am desperate for orcs, especially with the new requirement for wonders.
I am constantly trying to balance my orcs and am even trying to save them in the tournaments because of it.

palmira

I think it's becuase I've always planned to sell of my orc nests but never got around to it. Even with my armories sitting idel99% of the time I had almost 1m orc going into construct.

1m orcs?! I am soooo envious, I have a bit over 100k live and 250k on beta ( and my armories never stop with 12h productions)

SoggyShorts

@palmira

It's been a very long time since I did the calculations but if I remember correctly a orc nest is far more efficient than an armory + workshop + residence for that workshop plus culture for all of the above

EDIT:
Orc nest 410 orcs per day in 9 squares (8+ 2 shared road tiles)
= about 1.9 orcs per square per hour
Level 33 Armory (with update) 1200 per 12h in about 85 squares (65 for armory+pop+culture+roads) + (WS + pop+culture+roads for the supplies)
= about 1.2 orcs per square per hour

edeba

I think I will look this over and consider crafting a few orc nest over time... Need to adjust and look at how the figures hold up with magic buildings...

@palmira

It's been a very long time since I did the calculations but if I remember correctly a orc nest is far more efficient than an armory + workshop + residence for that workshop plus culture for all of the above

EDIT:
Orc nest 410 orcs per day in 9 squares (8+ 2 shared road tiles)
= about 1.9 orcs per square per hour
Level 33 Armory (with update) 1200 per 12h in about 85 squares (65 for armory+pop+culture+roads) + (WS + pop+culture+roads for the supplies)
= about 1.2 orcs per square per hour

SoggyShorts

Need to adjust and look at how the figures hold up with magic buildings...
I think I was pretty generous with supplies requirement, but as you know it's impossible to guess how many magic WS with PoP someone is going to use running bread all day so everyone must calc their own set up:p

edeba

I don't care at all about this being wrong for beta, it is the live game that it is hurting badly and looking at the release notes, it doesn't go live next week, so that means a 3 week wait. This has so drastically slaughtered my orcs, even though I now had double the squares for armories, I doubt I have enough orcs for 3 weeks.

Like I said, do your country a favor and stay out of politics. Too many people with mush for numeracy go into politics and do dumb crap like this, and then do the slug mimic with the speed of response.