• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Maximum Trades with Trader

SoggyShorts

Maybe @SoggyShorts you should read my posts.
Like this one?
[QUOTE="Soleil, post: 71350, member: 2624"]It would be nice, if the maximum amount you could trade in global was 500 of your goods x 60.[/QUOTE]
I read it, we all read it, and here is one of the problems. Please address it:

You want the maximum trade size to be 500. Then if I want 50,000 goods I need to take or post 100 trades. If I want 250K I have to take/post 500 trades.
I currently have over 3,000,000 goods up in the trader. That would take an insane amount of time to post- around 2 hours of non-stop clicking...except the limit is 60 trades, so I couldn't do it all at once.

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts your partial quote didn't include my preference that would be:
10 x 500
10 x 250
10 x 100
10 x 50
10 x 25
10 x 5
I'd really love that.
Now we need 90 slots to add a few more qty types
10 x 750
10 x 1,000
5 x 1,500
2 x 2,000
That gives you 3 trades for fellowship only trades above 2,000

SoggyShorts

@Soleil

I currently have over 3,000,000 goods up in the trader. That would take an insane amount of time to post- around 2 hours of non-stop clicking...except the limit is 60 trades.

Please solve this problem.

Deleted User - 60107

@SoggyShorts your partial quote didn't include my preference that would be:
10 x 500
10 x 250
10 x 100
10 x 50
10 x 25
10 x 5
I'd really love that.
Now we need 90 slots to add a few more qty types
10 x 750
10 x 1,000
5 x 1,500
2 x 2,000
That gives you 3 trades for fellowship only trades above 2,000
Your "preference" is a JOKE!
10 x 500 = 5000
10 x 250 = 2500
10 x 100 = 1000
10 x 50 = 500
10 x 25 = 250
10 x 5 = 50
10 x 750 = 7500
10 x 1,000 = 10000
5 x 1,500 = 7500
2 x 2,000 = 4000

Total: 38300

Less than 40'000 goods TOTAL, for 87 trades posted together. That's a drop in the ocean in later chapters! Tell me, how many trades do I need to post if I want to trade (for example) 100'000 Exlixir for 100'000 Magic Dust?

Just because YOU, at your current spot in the game, have no use for such large trades does not mean that no one has a use for them. So thanks, but no, thanks. I'd rather have a max of 60 trades, but with no limit on the amounts I can trade, than a max of 90, but with a limited amount of goods I could trade.

P.S.: There are no fellowship-only treades in the current version of the game, and the devs seem to not want to add such an option.

DeletedUser

I would do this, at any chapter. Even if i'm chapter 11 I looked at the research needs at the latest chapter and couldn't find any research that needed over 30k in any type of goods. Maybe in later chapters we can add even more trade slots.

As far as the devs go, if I missed a post asking for 3 fellowship only posts can you please send me the link. It would be helpful to know what you guys are asking for.

btw we already have a max of 60 trade slots

SoggyShorts

Even if i'm chapter 11 I looked at the research needs at the latest chapter and couldn't find any research that needed over 30k in any type of goods.

delete.png

That's just ONE encounter. There are 4 encounters per province, and I have unlocked 50 of each province type.
This example is from province #36

I currently have over 3,000,000 goods up in the trader.

Please tell me how I would get my trades in your system

DeletedUser

Tournaments are optional and you said you fight anyways. And you have 3 fs only trades that should cover that.

Karvest

Seems @Soleil is just memeing here, as well in his earlier "suggestions". This thread would anyway be archived as "not going to implement", so I'm off here.

DeletedUser

I'm not sending memes. I'm also quite serious about this. Having left the game several times and restarting, to see not much has changed with trades. My suggestion is to fix that.

SoggyShorts

Tournaments are optional
If you take away someones ability to do something it is no longer "optional" it is impossible.
you said you fight anyways.
I mostly fight, but I'm not the only player in Elvenar. A huge number of players cater.
And you have 3 fs only trades that should cover that.
So you are taking me down from a possible 60 useful trades to 3? No thanks, I have 6 boosted goods that I trade for 12 other goods.
Having left the game several times and restarting, to see not much has changed with trades. My suggestion is to fix that.
It's not broken.

Loki Blue

It's great, Tom Hiddleston makes the best Loki and when I read your posts, it is so uncanny how close you are to that character.

I should be so fortunate. But thank you.
I look forward to Endgame. I may have the Orb of Agamotto in my pocket. Or not. It's anyone's guess.

It would be helpful to know what you guys are asking for.

I can't speak for them, but
I'd like to see Thanos reduced to a quadrillion atoms and scattered across the Cosmos.

And for everyone posting more than ten trades to have their own channel. Like this person. <Discuss>
trades.png

They have 35 total trades right now. There are usually others with around the same number, but today seems to be a light day for trading in my general area.

That's just ONE encounter. There are 4 encounters per province, and I have unlocked 50 of each province type.

Soggy, that makes my head hurt. This is where I am just for Provinces.

province.png

Adding a zero to each of those does not thrill me at this point. :p

DeletedUser

@Loki Blue, since you represent the God of Mischief, I will tread lightly, dot my t’s and cross my I’s when replying to your posts. Love the top 3 spoilers. Should you acquire the Orb, please come visit me. I could use a little company out here.

Having separate channels. Hmmm my initial thought is, there would be few people in those channels, and can’t relate it to why I’m asking to change how one trades. And if there were a lot in those channels how would one go about searching for what they have? (Using the goods filters would also remove cross trades people don’t seem to like) The trade window already looks like this is not a very active trading game. This might make it feel even less active.

In soggy’s trade example, even though his map is much larger than mine, there are only 9 pages of trades. To a new player, it doesn’t make it look like this is an active trading game. If all of the trades are so much bigger than what they can produce, let the over-building and over-scouting begin.

Besides a less active trader window, this is the only game I play, that has such one-sided trading for new players.

Okay, how did I do? Will I be overwhelmed by a subtle cleverness I completely missed?

Deleted User - 60107

Keep in mind that the number of trades is not static - it changes cosntantly. A few minutes ago I had 31 pages of trades on the Trader (here on Beta). Now that number is down to 30 pages.

For comparison:
Felyndral (EN3) - less than ONE page, and all trades are from the same player. Everything else has been accepted as of the time of this writing
Winyandor (EN2) - 71(!) pages (though the last one has just 3 trades, so let's say 70 pages)
Arendyll (EN1) - 42 pages plus one more on page 43

As you can see there's quite a difference based on the world and the time you check the market. So don't jump to conclusions based on one example.

Loki Blue

My suggestion of channels was made partly in jest. I know that depending on where you are located, active trading can reduce the number of listed trades quickly. But when you have a case of a single individual (as in my redacted image) who floods the trader, then add three or four more just like them, and those trades don't move quickly, it can be quite frustrating when looking for something in particular. But that's just my peeve...something I have to deal with.

Okay, how did I do? Will I be overwhelmed by a subtle cleverness I completely missed?
You're alright. And you're right. I wasn't considering how it would seem from the perspective of a new player. And I like to dot my teas with a bit of frothy hazelnut cream. No crossing eyes though...

So don't jump to conclusions based on one example.
Don't assume that I am. You don't know how many servers I play on, or how many traders I look at in a day.

Deleted User - 60107

Don't assume that I am. You don't know how many servers I play on, or how many traders I look at in a day.
Huh? My 'don't jump to conclusions' line was in response to this:
In soggy’s trade example, even though his map is much larger than mine, there are only 9 pages of trades. To a new player, it doesn’t make it look like this is an active trading game. If all of the trades are so much bigger than what they can produce, let the over-building and over-scouting begin.

No idea why you thought I was responding to you, Loki. I would have quoted part of your post if that was the case.

DeletedUser

@shadowblack, I understand you don’t care for this suggestion. But I’m looking at this as a new player. Having deleted my accounts and restarted several times, I’m up to about 21 servers and nothing has changed. If anything, it’s now even worse. High chapter players still take all the trades and only post massive trades. It is terribly one-sided.

This last round of 11 cities I made, I was completely halted at the 5 trades in events, not a single high chapter player posted small trades. And some were even my neighbors. Would I join these fellowships? Not a chance.

Since mentioning this here in the forum and letting people know how hard it is to get started in this game, I have seen a handful of trades by high chapter players that are very small that could help their neighbors. Kudos to you my friends, you know who you are, I am grateful that you took the time to make a difference.

That is why I haven’t moved, if high chapter players refuse to post small trades, I’m really not in any better position than I am here. But this is why, even if limits aren’t placed (they should be) when I’m in a position to do so, I will always post little trades for my neighbors.

Another thing that could balance it out is limiting how many trades someone can take during the day. Maybe 5 every 9 hours?

Btw, what happened to all of the servers? There used to be more than 3 on live.

Deleted User - 60107

@shadowblack, I understand you don’t care for this suggestion. But I’m looking at this as a new player. Having deleted my accounts and restarted several times, I’m up to about 21 servers and nothing has changed. If anything, it’s now even worse. High chapter players still take all the trades and only post massive trades. It is terribly one-sided.
There's your problem. You ONLY look at it as a new/small player, ignoring that different players are at different stages in the game and have different needs.

If you get stuck in an event because there are no trades you can accept - ask your fellowship for help. If you are not in a fellowship - ask your neighbours. Even the smallest player should have no trouble posting small trades, such as 1 Plank for 1 Marble, or 1 Marble for 1 Steel, or 1 Plank for 1 Steel. And even if you have to pay the 50% fee for such trades you should still have no trouble accepting them.

Limiting how many trades players can accept will make things worse, not better. If I am limited to 5 trades every X hours, then I will try to make them count by accepting the largest trades and ignoring the small ones. I will also post only large trades so that other players can get lots of resources with a single trade. Thus small players will be on their own as no one will want to take their trades.

Btw, what happened to all of the servers? There used to be more than 3 on live.
Which live? The International server, the US server, one of the other servers...? Each server has its own worlds.

SoggyShorts

That was an ancient screenshot with filters on, I haven't seen under 30 pages in a very long time
50 pages.png <--this is current with no filter 50 on Winy and 51 on beta

More importantly, you haven't addressed the idea in that trade example where buyers could take 10%, 50% or all of a trade.
Is it not much better to post a 5,000 trade instead of 500x10 if the buyer can grab 10%? Everyone is happy and 90% less clutter.

. High chapter players still take all the trades and only post massive trades......That is why I haven’t moved, if high chapter players refuse to post small trades, I’m really not in any better position than I am here.
It's funny, you see this as being broken when it is actually working perfectly. "Big players take all the trades" Well that's perfect, isn't it? Just post a trade and a big player will take it.
You don't want to move closer to active players yet if you did there would be more players to take your trades...that's a good thing.

Trading works very very well as is if you follow one simple rule: Small players post trades and Large players take trades.
Another thing that could balance it out is limiting how many trades someone can take during the day. Maybe 5 every 9 hours?
So now you don't even want the big players to help small players at all anymore? When I clear the trader and help out all of my fellows and neighbors giving them the trades they need I often take more than 5 pages of trades. You can be damn sure though that if I only get 5 trades I'll be buying the biggest ones I can to make it count.

5 trades every 9 hours and trades under 5,000? So....how am I and every other player in the last 5 chapters getting our hundreds of thousands of goods?
You need to think about the entire playerbase, not just players in chapter 2.

Last edited: