• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Group Feature

DeletedUser

Thanks @SoggyShorts I threw something together right quick. Maybe this will help better visualize what I'm talking about. This is just an example, a group is only limited by your imagination.
groupfeature.JPG

SoggyShorts

Ok, so a better chat system with tabs for seperate conversations (which is what my first post in this thread was about) and an in-game wonders society(link)
Yep, these are 2 features we've asked for for years.

What else can a group do?

DeletedUser

I don't understand what you mean about an in game wonders society? Are you asking for like a free for all in game or what? I don't understand.

Groups wouldn't be in fellowships, they are outside of fellowships. Anyone can create a group, not just fellowships.

When you create a new post and start typing the title, sometimes it shows previous posts, groups never showed up for me.

They can also help a fellowship better organize a fa. If people are creating random things you can make groups for that too. with a new fa coming up maybe I can show how it can be used? A group can take a lot of the stuff that you do outside of the game and streamline it into the game. Edit: I'm going to post a picture of maybe what a battle teaching group might look like. Mykan's guide is really good, and obviously someone who is exceptional at battling but there is so much information that doesn't pertain to where I am at in the game that it becomes overwhelming.

As far as what else they can do, I gave lots of examples, from neighborhood groups to teaching groups to trading groups to I ain't gonna be in a fs group. It is truly limited only by ones imagination. If they are in place and new stuff comes out, we won't be here hashing it out, they will already be in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here's what a battle school group might look like.
battleschool.JPG

SoggyShorts

That looks like a forum/chat feature. Is that all they are?
I mean the wonder idea had merit if it tracks donations in game like a wonder society (SEE LINK IN MY PREVIOUS POST) but none of the others seem to be more than a chat feature...except maybe a trading group but that's literally just a FS by another name.

The upcoming FA is another thing, yeah, we would LOVE to have an in game tracker, and have asked for it since day 1. Most FS use a Googlesheet, a d it should be in game not sure how to squeeze the word "group" I to that though. Just need the game to track who has what badges, and who plans to make what next.

DeletedUser

I’m not sure I was asking for anything as sophisticated as calculating kp donations, because people may have different ways of calculating it. It would be even more beneficial if you could choose which type of group you wanted to create and it did those types of functions.

1 Social Group – like the battle school
2 FA group – exclusively tied to a fellowship
3 Wonder Group
4 Trading Groups
5 Monster Encounters
6 Neighbor Help group
7 Relic trading groups :)

I’ve taken part in both aw kp donations programs and a fa, both need a better way to organize contributions. Trading groups can still work for fellowships and individuals, because of what I experienced. I was invited, I accepted, they saw my planks and the archmage had planks, I was kicked. Not very nice.

Even if you don’t have some sort of trade rotation, so one person isn’t exhausting their inventory, it’s still a way to organize who has what boosted goods.
Ie DerpAlliance Marble Producers, DerpAlliance Steel Producers, Derp Alliance Planks Producers etc.

Each member would be in 3 groups. I could throw something together to help you visualize this.

If an fs has a mixed group of individuals at different chapters, it’s pretty tough for a chapter 2 person to fill the needs of a chapter 10 person. This type of fs might set up their trade groups by chapter.

For an individual not in an fs, I’m not asking they get rid of the trade fee. It could be a player on the other side of the map in your group. It still wouldn’t replace a fellowship.

For wonders, I saw the wonder society link, this is pretty much the same thing as a wonder thread. (but asking people not to type in a circular message) The wonder rotations I set up are a little more complicated and they are super fair as it rotates who gets the chests/runes and kps donations are based on those spots. The top person contributes more, the people below less, then on the next wonder of the same type a new person gets the top spot. I’m not sure what the capabilities are of the dev to make two such drastically different ways of kp donations? Maybe idk But at least there is the mini forum that is there to type in those target wonders and contributions. And it’s in game, no going to a spreadsheet to see contributions or keeping the old circular messages.

I was also a part of one wonder rotation where I wasn’t in the fs but I helped an fs upgrade their wonders, and they helped me, we also had a circular message between me and a few people in the fs. (much like the wonder society but it was only me and a fellowship)

If we start out small, with using these for organization and then fine tune how people use them might be an easier sell. I’d love them to calculate everything… Maybe for now, using the spreadsheets and a group would still be better than using spreadsheets and a circular message.

DeletedUser

One more thing on trade groups, what if I had a group and could find 2 perfect trading partners?

My boosts are
Planks, Scrolls, Magic Dust

What if I could find 2 people, that had the others and we were closely matched with production?
JohnybGood has: Steel, Crystal, Elixir
Marvela has: Marble, Silk, Gems

There’s no overlap, it’s a perfect trading group.

DeletedUser

@Karvest, yup on the production, wrote that above. With my group, you can set the trade to group only just like an fs. (wrote that somewhere in one of these posts) Still have to pay the fee if they aren't a close by neighbor but the trade remains in the group whether you're online or not and there aren't more than 2 other players taking it.

Lovec Krys

Well I like the trading group. I consider it good to be able to trade with people outside your FS & scouted neighbours without a fee.
At least with expired goods you have much larger area you can trade, but with normal goods, you don't (I wouldn't have anything against increasing range for normal goods trading like for expired goods is).

SoggyShorts

Trade stuff
You are making trading out to be way more complicated than it is. I think you have been soured by a bad experience and are letting it cloud your judgment.

Get into a group with 24 other players, with 6-10 of each boosted good and you're set. All trading problems are gone. the longest you wait for a 1:1 trade to be taken is a couple of hours.

When this game first came out, trading with just your neighbors as a huge problem, so the devs came up with an idea where up to 25 players could join together in a group and trade with each other regardless of where they were on the map. They called these new trade groups Fellowships.

What you are recommending is a Fellowship that has a 50% trading fee. Why? Why would anyone want that?
Wonder stuff
Wonder Societies are very different than circular messages as they ensure that the rewards are fairly distributed. Again, I fully support the idea of the googlesheets we all use being integrated into the game.

1 Social Group <--- global chat with multiple channels would do this
2 FA group <--a tab in chat plus the ability to see other members badges would cover this
3 Wonder Group<----integration of the existing wonder society system would be great
4 Trading Groups <----literally the reason fellowships were invented
5 Monster Encounters <----a feature that doesn't exist, so we don't really need a team for it
6 Neighbor Help group <------what's this?
7 Relic trading groups :)<-----hahahahaha nice 1

DeletedUser

Trading - idk the only issue I’ve had with trading, is people don’t think I do. Why? Is beyond me. And even if you’re making a ton of goods per day, rarely will people put up small trades even though you have the ability to post a lot of trades at once. But even if there is a trader fee and I have no idea that johnybgood exists on the other side of the map and not in a fs, we can become trading buddies. Having a group finding feature connects me wth johnbgood because we’re searching for the same thing. Right now, if I look at my trader, there are so many 3000+ trades maybe johnybgood wants smaller trades as well.

Wonder Societies, idk I glanced at it, sheez. My initial impression is that, it looks like there is more value placed on recouping kps versus valuing the runes. Seems like a giant wonder thread to me. Are these actually popular? I saw the forum link and it doesn’t look like anyone has used that thread for nearly 3 years. But I have to take back what I said earlier, that seems entirely over complicated. (Reverse chicken approach?, jump contribution?, what the…) when all you could have said with a group of 5: the max kp donation is as follows :

• 45%+ 30%+11%+8%+5% is the contribution distribution,

The person who donates 45% is then rotated to the bottom and now contributes 5% on the next wonder of the exact same type. If you have more than 5 people in your group, then the kp donations are spread out even more.

The game knows how many kps are needed for each wonder level and how many runes you’ve received, it could even determine who gets the next top spot in your group. Maybe even create the message sent to each group member and what their max contribution will be and possibly even set it that you cannot donate more than what your allocated spot calls for. If you are at the 5% spot that is all the group feature will allow you to contribute. I hope something happens soon with how we upgrade wonders and would love to see this added to the game.

Another Edit: I'd even go so far that it automatically deducts 3 kps a day from your earned kps

Edit: Maybe if you want the wonder society set up then it's a social group versus a wonder group.

Global chat wouldn’t have a forum.

Monster encounters, you’re right maybe those should be solo! Completed blue maps make them easier encounters too Woot!

SoggyShorts

What you may not have learned about the game is that players very very rarely have consistent contribution needs. The wonders society is superior to all other systems because you can donate 1 KP today, 0 tomorrow, 150 the next day, etc. No schedule, no limits (min or max) you just donate your KP when you are stuck on techs and you get out 100% of the KP you put in (plus about 20% back in rewards after they have been fairly distributed)

I'm sorry, but your wonder concept is utterly awful. A strict schedule of who donates when would be a nightmare for everyone:

• What if it's your day to donate 45%, but you have a tech open, or you don't log in that day? Everyone else is stuck waiting on you?
  • What if it's your day to donate only 5% but you have no open techs and just filled your KP bar with 120 KP from the tournament?
  • What if there are 6 reward chests and your group only has 5 members? You waste 2 chests?
  • How do you decide what wonder is next?
  • What are the chances that everyone in your group has exactly the same amount of spare KP as each other every day? Even if they did, how does that work with one player spending 5% and another spending 9x as much?
  • What if you have different wonders than others or wonders at different levels, how does the % remain fair if my wonder needs half as much KP as yours to fill?
  • I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Global chat wouldn’t have a forum.
It already does, we're using it right now.:p

DeletedUser

In the example, I used 5, because the wonder society forum page also used this as well as the contribution percentages. (this is from their page on the forum: 45%+ 30%+11%+8%+5% is the contribution distribution) I didn’t make that up, you guys did. lmao See the picture above, my contributions were a little closer together than that.

A group can be up to 9 people. If a group only has 5 members and there are 6 chests, one is lost. It doesn’t affect you any if you’re not in their group.

In the team I was on, we worked on 5 at a time, based on who wanted what wonder upgraded. We always had 5 to work on, not one. Someone might have had a golden abyss, another a temple of the toad, etc. What was rotated was the chests. If another golden abyss came up then the top spot was rotated to the next person in line for a top spot on a golden abyss.

I don’t think you understand the contributions. No one would donate 45% in one day, I guess they could, but it’s a contribution of whatever you want it to be 1kp, 2kp, 3 kps, 5kps a day, or even unlimited for wonder societies with their weird jump contributions, that’s up to the group.

In my group, it didn’t matter that someone had a level 9 golden abyss to level or a level 2 Tome of secrets because the tome was fast to level and that person who owned the Tome could then ask for their next wonder to be worked on, while we were still working on the level 9 golden abyss. It always worked out, and we had an amazing team. We used tournaments to recoup kps for research. And my team was rarely, if ever, tech locked because of our dedication to wonders. And overall, we raised a lot of wonders in a very short time.

SoggyShorts

A group can be up to 9 people.
Why? Why this magic number 9? You know what number works great? 25.
In the example, I used 5, because the wonder society forum page also used this as well as the contribution percentages. (this is from their page on the forum: 45%+ 30%+11%+8%+5% is the contribution distribution) I didn’t make that up, you guys did
Link or screenshot please, I'm not seeing it.
I don’t think you understand the contributions. No one would donate 45% in one day, I guess they could, but it’s a contribution of whatever you want it to be 1kp, 2kp, 3 kps, 5kps a day, or even unlimited for wonder societies with their weird jump contributions, that’s up to the group.
1. 45% of a wonder is totally doable in a day. On day 2 of the tournament, I routinely donate over 100 KP.
2. Maybe I don't understand your system, is it a set amount, or not? Can a player contribute completely different amounts each day? What happens if a player has tech wide open and so they don't want to donate for a few days/weeks, and another player is techlocked and wants to donate 100% for a few days/weeks/months?
3. WTH is a "jump contribution"?
In the team I was on, we worked on 5 at a time, based on who wanted what wonder upgraded. We always had 5 to work on, not one.
This sounds good, but is in fact inferior. Neither you nor your FS benefits from a wonder that is 90% full. If you are working on 5 different wonders the KP is spread out, which is bad.
If a group only has 5 members and there are 6 chests, one is lost.
Nope, 2 are lost. 5 people means one is you, so only 4 get chests. That is a buttload of blown KP.
we raised a lot of wonders in a very short time.
We upgraded 761 last year on K world and 840 on W

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If your wonder society works great for you, keep doing what you’re doing.

My group of 9 was because of the possible 8 chests per wonder. Group leader, plus 8 people for chests.

The 2 links to the forum, are listed below the video on gems of knowledge. No one should have to read a book to figure out how to contribute to a wonder.

My point with lost chests, it doesn’t affect you if a group doesn’t have enough people to get them all. If this bothers you then join every group that has less than 8 people. Unlike fellowships, a group feature let’s you join 100’s of groups.

Wonder threads are what spread out kps to so many wonders that they end up being unfinished. Not teams.

Our team of 5 working on 5 wonders, never stopped working on a wonder until it was finished. It was team effort between 5 people. Who never got tech locked, always worked on wonders, and rotated who got the top chest/runes and the kps donated were evenly distributed by rotating chests and who got the top spot. It became second nature to all of us, that we donated our kps daily to the wonders. There was never waiting on someone to finish researching first, our team mates always came first.

What I’m proposing is an organized, balanced way of contributing to a wonder with a group that automatically calculates the contributions based on how many people are in the group and how many kps it takes to level the wonders and how many kps one is willing to donate each day and that it balances out who gets the top chest and runes by rotating who gets the top chest.

If you want the option of no calculations and no max contribution, that seems simple enough to add to the admin a check box that allows the group leader to over-ride the calculations and have a free for all type system.

DeletedUser

The slide show that explains wonder societies is THIRTY SLIDES!!! That’s insane and overly-complicated. In my group method, no one has to build up a balance so they finally get their wonder worked on.

Karvest

Your solution would work only if members have ~same level of KP income. If one plays tournament hard while others ignore it - he would end up with loads of KP that he can't invest into that group. Wonder society (or better Quickfill - it's way simpler than wonder society to maintain) group would fit all members despite of their activity level.

SoggyShorts

The 2 links to the forum, are listed below the video on gems of knowledge. No one should have to read a book to figure out how to contribute to a wonder.
Those links are just acknowledging where the inspiration came from, no one needs to read them. It's like "based on a true story" you don't need to go find the actual news articles that inspired the film.
It can seriously be explained in 4 lines:
  • We pick 2 wonders and everyone who has excess KP donates to those 2 wonders.
  • Once a wonder has filled all donations and rewards are recorded before you click "upgrade"
  • The next wonder is chosen based on who has the best donated minus received number.
  • A mail is sent out to all players listing the 2 wonders that are the current targets.
That's it. That's all anyone needs to know. The rest is just how it's handled on the spreadsheet and only 1 person needs to know that.
The slide show that explains wonder societies is THIRTY SLIDES!!! That’s insane and overly-complicated.
Seriously? The first slide is the cover page. The second is extolling the virtues. The third explains that only the AM needs to be spreadsheet savvy, and the other 24 players need to do nothing other than check their mail to see what wonders are up. How is that so hard?
My point with lost chests, it doesn’t affect you if a group doesn’t have enough people to get them all. If this bothers you then join every group that has less than 8 people. Unlike fellowships, a group feature let’s you join 100’s of groups.
It effects the group. The group missing 1-3 chests is out 5-25 KP so your method is inherently 5-25 KP worse. that simple.
Also Wonder Societies aren't limited to FS at all. I know several players that are in one that spans multiple fellowships. There's no reason why you couldn't join any Society out there (if they'd have you)
Who never got tech locked
I don't think you understand what being Tech Locked means. When you are unable to get enough goods to unlock a tech and your KP bar fills up, that is techlocked, and it is the only time you should be putting KP in wonders. If you are constantly draining KP into wonders and not maxing out your tech progress you are handicapping your city. e.g. getting 2-4 more levels on your GA is nothing compared to unlocking superior residences.
and how many kps one is willing to donate each day and that it balances out who gets the top chest and runes by rotating who gets the top chest.
There it is: "each day" Only techlocked players should donate "each day", and that should not be a constant thing (unless you have completed all chapters) And the amount can't possibly be the same for everyone in the group unless they run identical cities, win identical event prizes and complete identical tournament provinces. You need flexibility.

Daily
24 hourly
15 from event buildings
2 from ToS
---
41 per day consistently

Inconsistent:
9 KP Tuesday's tournament
9 KP Wednesday's tournament
12 KP Thursday's tournament
7 KP Friday's tournament
7 KP Saturday's tournament
and
55-175 KP from provinces 10+ (second star) on one of those days whenever I have time. The range is due to some tournaments being easier than others i.e. scrolls I may only do provinces 10-20, but steel I'll do 10-44.

0-22 Kp from coins each day. Whenever I get close to cap I spend until I'm down around 10-20%

0- 200Kp instants from events, wonders, FS rewards

So, depending on the day I would like to donate between 0 and 450 KP, and the same goes for most of my fellows. Can your system handle that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I do know what tech locked means, and by slowing down your research, and letting your inventory grow, you will rarely if ever be tech locked and will most likely reach “superior manufacturing at the same time” Ever notice those people who race around on the city streets, cutting people off, only to keep meeting them at the stop lights?

Okay let me fix that, the wonder society slide show is 1 cover page, 6 splash pages and TWENTY THREE slides explaining how to set it up and use it. Maybe you’ll get your wonder upgraded, but definitely not at the beginning because you must build up a balance. And if someone “accidentally” adds 1 kp more than you, you still don’t get your wonder leveled. But every month and ½ re-evaluate it and adjust it to make it a little more fair…got it. And for 10 minutes per day you can view the spreadsheet.

Or you join a wonder group where there is no calculating because it's automated, you’re given your max contribution on each members wonder (which is no more or no less than what the spot requires), the top chest is rotated between the members in the group, your wonder is immediately added and leveled. And if the group is less than a full group of 9, your contribution is greater. There is chat and a forum.

On slide 6 of the wonder society presentation: “The more participants the better, but only around 5-6 are truly needed to enjoy the benefits by the pool” Hmmm Sounds familiar.

For the life of me I cannot understand why you two are so against this. It could calculate for those who want it calculated and it’s based on a 1kp, 2 kp, 3 kp, 5kp donation each day (which I’ve seen more fs use this method and the method we used, or in admin click a box that over-rides the calculations and it becomes a free for all for players like you two. Would you like a wonder group feature to include a report of kp donations?

But let’s not forget either, there are other uses for groups not just wonders. But wonders are a terrific example how groups could vastly improve how wonders are leveled.