• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battling versus catering in Scrolls Encounter

DeletedUser

Okay, okay I was totally kidding about my units being stronger because of blue maps. :D

SoggyShorts

Okay, don't get mad at me for this, isn't it all relative though. At the point you have a bigger army with the same relative losses you'll have wonders (and the new one that gives you extra units from the barracks), event buildings and extra stuffs to make up that difference?
Nope. Costs go up must faster than production.
Yes, you can add in craftables wonders and event prizes, but basically you have to really be dedicated with your choices just to maintain your tournament abilities-specifically you cant keep the world on blue inifuture chapters since you need more and more space.

DeletedUser

Created an fs to see what a tournament is set up like now. Yup mine is different. Maybe my squad size is too small and it defaults to the lowest possible squad size they have for tournaments. Enemy squad size, was kinda all over the board. They were below, at, and above my squad size.

4 encounters per province, that’s new. Scoring is harder, prizes per provinces are easier to get.

Outcome: Ya’ll have successfully changed my mind to not participate in tournaments.

What do you mean I can’t have blue encounters? Pft not doing tournaments, I’ll have tons-o-space.

Next thread will be: Change my mind about having all of the factories. Any takers? (not under Battle Help though)

SoggyShorts

It's a perfectly valid choice to ignore tournaments and play with much lower production boosts and underleveled wonders.
If you are seriously keeping non-boosted factories in your city, then there's no rush to get your boost up to +700% since it only applies to 1/3 of the factories when you build all 9.

I'm fairly certain that most players would find the game agonizingly slow if everything takes 4-5x as long though since a non-diamond-blue map city will not have room for more than 1-2 boosted factories after the tutorial chapters(1-5)

P.S. I don't think anyone needs to convince you that boosted only makes more sense. The math is super obvious: would you rather make 800 planks or 100 marble? It's as simple as that.

DeletedUser

I’m doing okay with production boosts, maybe a little under where I should be. You’re right though, most players would find this agonizingly boring, with how Elvenar is now. It’s why, I’m hoping Elvenar will put in more activities, that aren’t fs only or holiday related. On wonders, there is only 1 fs I’ve seen so far on beta that has their wonders leveled to where they should be, other than that, most wonders are under-leveled. Still trying to figure out how I’m going to get the aw tempest runes. Maybe those will have to wait until my trek to chapter 4.

I’m done upgrading my factories except for the silk, and now kicking back collecting while others who are leveling theirs to ten is spending an extra 2,060 in planks per factory to upgrade them. There isn’t one person, I’ve seen that has only 2 boosted factories at my level. They all have between 4 and 6. That’s an extra 8k-12k planks to upgrade 4-6 planks factories to level 10. And then what you’re saying they destroy them at chapter 6?

Can’t convince me to get rid of my other factories. I need my marble for a later chapter, and my steel will be for making gear for my monster hunting encounters. But if you want to try, create a thread somewhere, where we don’t get in trouble.

SoggyShorts

n wonders, there is only 1 fs I’ve seen so far on beta that has their wonders leveled to where they should be
Please clarify, what level do you think wonders should be at?
Can’t convince me to get rid of my other factories.
Sounds like your mind is made up, and you want to make 60% fewer goods than normal so no, I will not make the 25th thread on it, the subject is settled- I have nothing to gain from teaching you that the world is round.:p

Deleted User - 86059

Yes but you will end up relying on cross tiers and I for one can honestly say I have never, ever had to cross tier. AND by the way I never have and never will fight, I cater everything.
as rare as this is I will not ever fight not because it repulse me but because I worry about this world. And yes I admit I am a sad puppy... End of lecture... after all I am a sixties child... Just :D

DeletedUser

@Scoobydoo, that is so sweet. It’s why I don’t pvp anymore. Battling npcs don’t usually call me a foul name lol. The battling is fun to a point, then it gets tiring. But maybe… even with my larger squad size, I can still cater a level or two of a tournament. You give me hope @Scoobydoo. I’ll peak at it once again in the steel tournament and see what I have saved up and use my units for the map on the trek to chapter 4. I am changing my mind about dragons in my monster encounters, I don’t want to kill dragons! I love dragons. Let’s have pet Dragons! Okay Scoobydoo has once again changed my mind, tournaments are still on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

Still trying to figure out how I’m going to get the aw tempest runes.
The easist way is to get them from tournament. The more actively you play it the less problem runes are.
In my case, so far I've been building wonders soon as I researched them (you get runes from tourney even for not yet researched wonders).
But if you play without delays, you can start building wonders later (my first wonder was build in chapter IV or V I think, no KP lost, all went to the research)

As for non-boosted manufactories, I can give you my own example. In my main city I've kept non-boosted manufactories until late chapter IV, then I decided to replace them, because the difference between produced goods in them became too big.
So during chapter V I changed all my non-boosted manufactories to my boosted ones one by one (this process took some time, I didn't just destroy them all at the begining, but rather gradually replace them, with each replaced one my total goods production has gone bigger). For non-boosted goods there is a market (remember, your trades are visible by much more players than you can see during the first chapters).

DeletedUser

@Scoobydoo, btw, thank you for your post. It helped me see something I wasn’t even considering. I’m not looking to gain 100’s of relics or kps instants, just a handful here and there. Now instead of trading my goods with a terrible trader fee, maybe I’ll just do a level or two in a tournament with catering, until something else comes out I can spend them on.

@Lovec Krys thank you for your insight as well. Rarely am I tech locked, I play too slow. When playing before, I donated to wonders daily and did research at the same time. The great thing about this game, you don’t have to advance to the next chapter, if you don’t want to. If your wonders aren’t leveled properly, wait, level them before moving on. It only benefits you as you progress. But I agree, currently the best way to get runes, relics and kp instants are tournaments. The past two events were helpful to me to get runes and kp instants (I used kp instants to level my golden abyss) but they took away relics in the events. Doesn’t hurt fellowship members, but that was a big blow to solo players.

@SoggyShorts, man I thought we were past this. Okay now according to you, I’m a flat earther and vaxxer who believes global warming is a hoax. Got it!

Demolishing factories is 100% waste, and is in no way efficient. You’re taking goods from others and now basically sending them to a landfill or the bottomless pit of waste. Seriously, how do your citizens walk through all of that rubble and debris?​

The Elvenar wiki has the breakdown of what it costs to level your factories, add it up. You mentioned in another post you’re going to demolish your factories, that’s over 200k in goods per factory that is now completely worthless. Certainly hope you don't need any of those same factories in future chapters.​

Unless they change the game again, I’m not demolishing any of my factories. Like I said before, I’m basically done upgrading my chapter 3 city (with the exception of 4 residences to level 15 and my silk factory) nearly everything I produce now is butter. There is no reason for me to over-produce planks except to say “Dude, I can produce 800 planks per hour!” And I still have 9 expansions to get before chapter 4.​

Karvest

The Elvenar wiki has the breakdown of what it costs to level your factories, add it up. You mentioned in another post you’re going to demolish your factories, that’s over 200k in goods per factory that is now completely worthless.
That's only 1-2 days of production at the endgame. You are loosing much more while wasting space for non-boosted factories.

SoggyShorts

Demolishing factories is 100% waste, and is in no way efficient.
That's simply not true.
Let's say you build a factory for 5,000 goods and it makes 1,000 goods per day.
If you destroy it, you lose the 5,000 invested and 1,000 per day going forward.
However, if you use the freed up space to build another boosted factory you lose 5,000 goods to build it but gain 3,000 per day(200% boost)
-----
10,000 down, and
-1,000 per day
+3,000 per day
=======
5 days to break even.
After 5 days, you gain 2,000 per day more than before, forever.

Keeping marble factories so that you don't "waste" the thousands you invested will cost you millions before you ever get to chapter 12 and need one.

Like this:
Is destroying a run down rotting crack shack by-the-hour motel 100% waste?
I guess...unless you build a beautiful hotel in the same spot.;)

P.S. calling them anti-vaxxers is very negative. I prefer "Pro-Plague"
according to you, I’m a flat earther and vaxxer who believes global warming is a hoax
Lol I was just kidding (hence the ":p") but to be fair, flat earthers, pro-plaguers, and climate deniers do all have 1 thing in common: 97% of people disagree with them, and yet they hold on to their beliefs.:p:p:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Throw as much math around as you want to. Bottom line, you’re still taking away my goods, and wasting them by demolishing boosted and non- boosted factories. I could have done an extra level in the tournament with those goods, but because you’re a wasteful builder you think it’s okay. There is no harm in leveling my marble factory as I progress through the chapters.

If you didn’t read, I have 9 expansions left to get. I have tons of room to add more planks if I need to. But I don’t need to. I have nearly enough goods now to build my tome of secrets. That is the only thing that drains my inventory, building and upgrading wonders.

With Scoobydoo’s excellent suggestion, I can battle the map and cater the tournaments if I want to. Man, this has given me a new outlook, to be able to both. Woot!

Deleted User - 60107

Honest question: What do you consider better - to have a Planks factory that gives you 800 Planks every 3 hours and a Marble factory that gives you 100 Marble 3 hours, or two have 2 Planks factories that give you a total of 1600 Planks every 3 hours (800 Planks per factory)? I'm honestly curious about this.

SoggyShorts

@shadowblack dont bother, apparently numbers don't matter when talking about efficiency. Perhaps we should measure things with feelings and unicorn farts? LOL:p

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Throw as much math around as you want to. Bottom line, you’re still taking away my goods, and wasting them by demolishing boosted and non- boosted factories. I could have done an extra level in the tournament with those goods
Imagine your boss offered you a deal:
"If you pay me $100 today, I'll give you a 300% raise and another 100% raise every 9 weeks"

Would you say
"No, that's my money! You are asking me to waste my money, and I could have bought 5 pizzas with that money"
There is no harm in leveling my marble factory as I progress through the chapters.
Of course there is. Do you know the term "opportunity cost"?
Every bit of space used for that marble factory over the next 18-24 months could be used for a building that gets you 8x as many planks as the marble you would get. You can trade those millions of planks for millions of marble.
You are choosing to produce 1/8 of the goods.
That choice will cost you 7/8.

Edit: confetti!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

While, I was thinking about not responding to this thread…

@shadowblack & @SoggyShorts please find a person at chapter 3 that has only two tier 1 factories. No one plays like that.

Because no one plays like that, pick a chapter 3 player with boosted only and use them as an example. DerpAlliance has at least 1 such person. Looks like they are pretty close to where I am in the game.

Karvest

what changes if you increase number of factories?
replacing 6 nonboosted with 6 boosted have same effect as replacing 1 but gives 6 times more profit...
btw, none of those 3 chapter players in DerpAlliance have non boosted factories other than lvl1 for FA quests

DeletedUser

I know they don't have non-boosted that's why I want you guys to use them as an example. Pick one? the one that starts with a T?