• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Constructs

Heymrdiedier

But I begin to wonder if moving forward is worth it. I can do tournaments without sentient stuff. I can do FAs (grudgingly, hate them) without sentient stuff. The only benefits from the later chapters seems to be stronger troops for fighting tournaments. Is it time for a new game?

its not worth it if you want to do tournament. The only thing you need is orc production so you can keep clearing more provinces. For all the rest, its cheaper if you don't advance further. All the obligated squad size techs make your tournament harder.
The only thing that might improve it again are new wonders you dont have yet in the previous chapters but its not worth all the extra SS upgrades.
Only construct wonders i dont know yet, those might be a game changer for tournaments...

DeletedUser1247

the new wonders are not a game changer, they do/will help in time.. the time warp helps shorten duration between rounds but whats the point if you cannot replace troops fast enough in 16 hrs vs 12 hrs or less? the sapiens does add free units to the troops you have in que but isn't enough to make much difference at lower levels (mine is level 4 currently and time warp level 6)..,,,also with the kps required to get just 1 level done you will be in another chapter/s with more squad size upgrades before the sapiens is high enough to make any real difference.....whats happening is the squad size upgrades nerf the military aws ,one might be best just to sit in the chapter they are in and just level up aws for a year

Dony

King of Bugs
whats happening is the squad size upgrades nerf the military aws
military aws which produce units are based on SS, so its not nerf for them, their progress is linear to SS upgrade
timewarp is really good wonder for ppl outside of europe, up until now the game was dictating them when to play if they wanted 6 rounds, with this wonder they can pley whenever they want

DeletedUser1247

yes the aws that produce units make a handful more but are killed off faster from bigger enemy squad sizes= no gain

DeletedUser1247

that doesn't make any difference ...what it is ,is the squad size itself when you are at 1700 per sqd vs enemy 2200 per sqd mixed so you cant get an advantage .......more troops wont help

Heymrdiedier

yes the aws that produce units make a handful more but are killed off faster from bigger enemy squad sizes= no gain
a quick calculation shows that if you get that wonder to max +40%, you basically are 2 chapters lower.
however if you are in constructs compared to orcs your squadsize is 3.5 - 4 times as big. So staying in orc chapter is probably the best thing you can do for a tournament hardcode player. :)
index.php

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

these numbers are wrong, not sure where did you get them
i just calculated them? how are they wrong?
highest SS of constructs is 51. So if you did all of them you have 51*52/2 =1326
each SS you have to do *3 to get the total units in a squad, so 1326*3=3978
Add the 3 units you get as base from the very start (i might be wrong there i assumed it was 3, maybe its 6?) 3978+3=3981.

for that optional ones i just skipped the ones that are optional, i took the elves tech tree. I know theres an extra optional one there that isnt optional for humans (also something that doesnt make sense to me) for elves that 3,5,9,13,15,16,17,20,22,26,28,30,32,39,42,47 and 48.

Please enlighten me where my mistake is :)

Deleted User - 60107

Add the 3 units you get as base from the very start (i might be wrong there i assumed it was 3, maybe its 6?) 3978+3=3981.
Base is 6 for both squad size and training size. Treant has a size of 6, so if the base was 3 you would be unable to use any of the free Treants you get.

DeletedUser

Now that I can see the new residence en masse in my fellow FS members cities I like the old graphics better. The new residence doesn't match the style of the Main Hall and Workshops, it's to white. :(

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_21-59-10.png
    upload_2019-3-25_21-59-10.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 301
  • upload_2019-3-25_21-59-41.png
    upload_2019-3-25_21-59-41.png
    830.9 KB · Views: 340
Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

The orc cost in catering seems to have skyrocketed way, way beyond the increase in orc production.

So we did a comparison of the orcs needed for one of the later chapters and here is some of the data for level 3 provinces 38-41

Chapter 14 orcs required per province: 2790, 2360, 2420, 3310
Chapter 12 orcs required per province: 811, 772, 704, 996, 1017

The ratios I got for comparison for those 4 provinces is 3.44, 3.06, 3.44 and 3.32.

So then I went back and looked at orc producing capacity and for level 27 you get 6x4 and make 530 orcs in 12 hours and level 33 is 4x7 and you make 870 orcs in 12 hours.

So the end of chapter 11 a player is able to make 22.08 orcs/square
The end of chapter 1 a player is able to make 31.07 orcs/square for a ratio of 1.41

To keep up on orc production a player is going to need to increase the space for orcs by about 2.3 or need in the range of 5-6 extra expansions just for extra orcs. I have played the game with as few as 3 armories and had increased to 4 when the size went from 24 to 21 squares.

This is a pretty drastic increase in orc costs that really favors lower chapters for playing the tournament.

Karvest

lower chapters don't require orcs at all. And catering costs are way lower for other goods. Nothing new...

btw, have 2 not max lvl armories in chapter 12, and the stash of orcs in inventory is increasing.

edeba

My orcs were increasing in chapter 12 on my live game as well. I've gone from 84 squares for armories to 140 squares and my orcs are still plummeting. I will have a 6th built soon, but I don't think it will be enough.

lower chapters don't require orcs at all. And catering costs are way lower for other goods. Nothing new...

btw, have 2 not max lvl armories in chapter 12, and the stash of orcs in inventory is increasing.

A single encounter has cost 1000 orcs... It is true that I drained my goods a bit last tournament, but my orcs were slaughtered. I had over 400k of orcs and I bottomed at 145k of orcs last tournament.

@edeba Don't worry, catering is way more expensive for goods than orcs.