• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Increase province expansion limit

Jixel

Many players are near or beyond the current province expansion limit (457 provinces). This limit should be increased or removed entirely, to encourage players to keep exploring the world map (and occasionally obtain a much-needed expansion).

Jixel

But there are limits - beyond 457, I'd say most province fights are going to be unwinnable, which means negotiation. Looking at an open 16th-ring province now, it takes approximately 100k each of T1, T2 and T3 goods. Now, I can afford that. I can even afford to do that 10 times, which would be about enough for another expansion. Maybe even two ! But I wouldn't be able to keep doing it quickly, I'd run out of goods pretty soon, and then settle down to a steady rate of maybe one expansion per guest race. And I've been contending for a while now that the one research-expansion we get per guest race isn't enough, Inno are being stingy with them. So this would balance that out.

(and for me, premium expansions are 5400 diamonds. There is literally no way I'm ever going to spend $50+ on that, I spent about that on The Witcher 3, which is a whole 3D AAA CRPG with hundreds of hours of content. A 10% off sale isn't anywhere near tempting me to go premium ever again ... )

SoggyShorts

Okay I could get behind that...maybe. wouldn't it be tempting during the 8-month wait between chapters to spend all of your goods catering on the map to get expansions rather than in the tournament to get KP? Advancing wonders is great and all but nothing compared to another 5 by 5 grid.

And what is the space for? More factories just to cater more in the tournament? Hardly any Tier 1 2 or 3 goods are required in the late chapters, in fact, I'm only running one of each building now and my goods stash is going up not down.

DeletedUser

If the reason for more expansions were for new things to do, to have a permanent lake or a farm that has new activities, I’d be behind that. Like if a new square revealed part of a lake, that would be kinda fun and we have new currency to do different things. If it’s just for space to place more houses, factories, workshops – not so much.

CrazyWizard

As soggy mentioned who would buy premium expansions is we could get them with provincies instead, especially since they are so expensive.
I would really love to seem them going down a lot, there unaffordable atm.

On the other hand they can't go back as low as before, since we get free diamonds everywhere these days. but a 50+% cut would be loved.

Lovec Krys

On the other hand they can't go back as low as before, since we get free diamonds everywhere these days. but a 50+% cut would be loved.
Only if they return Wishing well as daily reward to the events.

i hope expansion limits wont be increased anytime soon or ever, i would rather to see buildings go smaller in 1 chapter and higher in next chapter, fixes plenty of problems
They will have to increase it, last chapter with mandatory provinces under limit will be chapter XVI. If they won't increase it, the only result will be mass quits (I doubt that majority of players will go for premium expansions or play with 1 expansion per chapter).
Smaller buildings in Inno way can exactly be seen in the latest chapter (Houses). In the end you will need the same space (or even more) as before despite smaller building size, because they give so little population.

CrazyWizard

Only if they return Wishing well as daily reward to the events.

There is more than just the wishing well these days.
-Diamonds from opening chest net chapter.
-Diamonds from Quest line quests
-Diamonds from crafting
-Diamonds from wishing well.
there are also a few other ways/tricks to get diamonds for free but I skip those ways as there not so logical.

DeletedUser1657

Many players are near or beyond the current province expansion limit (457 provinces). This limit should be increased or removed entirely, to encourage players to keep exploring the world map (and occasionally obtain a much-needed expansion).
And I've been contending for a while now that the one research-expansion we get per guest race isn't enough, Inno are being stingy with them.

The biggest issue with the idea is your premise is wrong, your contending that 1 expansion per guest race is not enough. Fair point, but you don't get 1 expansion per guest race, its more like:
  • Amuni was approx 6 expansions - 1 tech, 5 provinces
  • Elementals was approx 5 - 1 tech, 4 provinces
  • Constructs is likely 5 - 1 tech 4 provinces
That is based on various comments provided by Marindor in the past (not the least of which is they count us getting world map provinces and techs each chapter). Inno isn't designing the game around people to be at 457 province expansions right now, they are planning it for people who are still gaining expansions.

That doesn't mean it's not a challenge for someone at 457+ provinces, it would be an ever increasing challenge as the game catches up to you and starts using the "extra" space you have had for new game mechanics. We are incredibly close to the end of province expansions if not there already, inno isn't exactly forthcoming about such things. The minimum at at the end of constructs is likely 400 maybe 410 (has been 40 in previous chapters). I they keep true to form the next chapter could see the minimum it 440 (based on current pattern). The upper limit is the unknown, have we reached it in constructs finally or is it coming in the next chapter?

I suspect we only have 1-2 more chapters before we start to see how inno plans to tackle the challenge as the game itself will reach the 457 cap

Lovec Krys

There is more than just the wishing well these days.
-Diamonds from opening chest net chapter.
-Diamonds from Quest line quests
-Diamonds from crafting
-Diamonds from wishing well.
there are also a few other ways/tricks to get diamonds for free but I skip those ways as there not so logical.
Chests + quests: They give you overall 3600 diamonds (from Dwarfs to Borgs) (-200 if you do diamond quests at the begining of next chapter). You can get first 4 premium expansions with that (at the condition that you don't (and didn't) have a magic building you spent them on upgrading).

Crafting: Only if you're lucky, they have 20% chance each second chest. (I'm in my main city currently in half of third and of course I didn't get any from second chest)

So without Wishing Well as daily reward you can get the first 4, maybe 5 premium expansions and that's the end. Wishing well wasn't included in Carneval and I don't know if it's just an exception or it won't be a daily reward in the future (which means no more premium expansions).

@Mykan 2 chapters (15. & 16.) are within limit with the current 40 province rise. If they don't rise it with chapter 16, it would mean only 2 province expansions for chapter 16.

Marindor

For balancing purposes, we're not increasing this limit yet. What the future holds... We'll have to wait and see :D For now, I'll archive this thread :)