• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.74

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

TomatoeHu

i really don't understand why the troop sequence and enemy line up were made larger and then leave the actual assignment of troops teeny tiny like we all use a fine point stylus on out phones/ tablets? You want me to use my mind to select my troops ? No, your troop squares need to be LARGE for FINGERS to touch, like real sized fingers..... the ones on our hands. how does this get past testing?!!

Logically, we want to assign our troops without opening that silly info circle and touching the arrows. Sure, you moved the fight button so we no longer suicide, Great. But why are our troop selection buttons not as large as the Fight button?!

Arrows selections need to be LARGE. The arrows are still useless for selecting the barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp. Troop selections need to be LARGE. The troops squares are so ridiculously small and the Info circle is always opening, then you try to close that X button to exit and you get the diamond purchase menu! By the time i get back to selecting my troops I have forgotten what I was trying to select, then i hit the info window again and close the app and i go back to browser..... You can barely get all your troops lined up for battle! It takes too long! and nothing else works in the app!! Where is our fellowship trader, neighbor and fellowship wonder donations, in game messages or chat not erasing every 24 hrs?! You can't even Change your city Name! It is by far, the most useless app in the game store, you cannot actually play the game on it, and the parts you give us are all broken.

The major issues with your battle system have not been addressed, like most issues we get a "visual" fix and no real fix - a band-aid ( plaster/ plastic bandage) on a broken bone does nothing.

What is a visual fix if not proper spacing! did we get brighter, prettier colors - No. Bigger enemy squares? useless. Only good thing that happened was the fight button was moved and the window is full screened. Did that take an hour, did someone get a pat on the back for that? seriously?! The battle interface (and like the FA declining interface and the diamond gifting interface ) is currently, a complete waste of time to use, broken, useless, extremely inefficient and frustrating to no end.

DeletedUser

• The number of candies you get from completing the later sequential Carnival quests has been reduced.
Is it still possible to get Carnival set with these reductions ?? I really start to doubt it. :(

When Carnival was announced they said it would be easy to get set. Meanwhile they have nerfed it 3 or 4 times already and it has become impossible (without spending diamonds).

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrix

It's been reduced by 40% !!!!!!
Why that much??????

And does this mean a double payback day is coming?

Last edited:

Saribar

The amount of candies was reduced, okay, that might have been needed for balancing issues.
But why do you do that when some already got the bigger amount? (At least I think there must be some who alread yfinished those quests when even I am in those regions) That is blatantly unfair to all those players, that fulfill those quests AFTER you diminished the number of candies :-(

DeletedUser2378

The amount of candies was reduced, okay, that might have been needed for balancing issues.
But why do you do that when some already got the bigger amount? (At least I think there must be some who alread yfinished those quests when even I am in those regions) That is blatantly unfair to all those players, that fulfill those quests AFTER you diminished the number of candies :-(

I would guess that with this being Beta (the Elvenar testing server), we are essentially the testing community for any changes that need to be made, at any point or time in the game, even in the middle of any gaming activities, such as events. It's definitely harder for anyone who hasn't finished the sequential quests yet...but again, we are the one's testing these changes. The Developers must not have agreed with the previous amount of candies we were receiving.

It may have been too easy to obtain Set-Buildings with the two previous candy amounts in the Carnival event.

We may not like it, but Inno is looking to make $$$ where they can and/or add more of a challenge to certain events/activities.

It would be really nice if we did receive a couple of double days, at least on the live worlds, now that the candy amount has been reduced.

Beta is more of a go-with-the-flow of what the Dev's want to test and introduce. It may seem pretty unfair at times... but most players joined Beta to see new features before they roll out to the live worlds...and with that comes a lot of testing and changes...and bugs. :)

Marindor

This is Beta, such things happen here. Sometimes during an event we come to the conclusion that things should be balanced differently. That's also why events like these are tested 2 weeks ahead of Live, so we have ample time to adjust things, fix bugs, implement feedback, find the right balancing etc. On Live markets, this doesn't happen. There the event started with the new balancing right away. :)

DeletedUser

4 Nerfs in 1 event is a lot, can't remember that it happened before. Hope it isn't going to be this way with future events. :eek:

DeletedUser2660

It is a new strategy to prevent planning on live and to ensure all resource guides are wrong :)

The Sequential Quest List and Daily Quest List are still the same. The only thing that has changed is how many Candies you get for finished quests. My lists are still good and I am currently using the one I printed when the Carnival Event came to Beta. :)

Golden Awaken

Greetings Everyone,

@Marindor , Since you significantly reduced the amount of Candies per Quests (Sequential), could we expect at least Double Days on Live Servers?

Kind Regards, GA

Edit : If you want the all Carnival Set, you need around 4500 candies...
The Sequential Quests give you 2200 candies;
The Daily Quest give you 770 candies
Around the town you'll get what, 800-1000 candies...

Last edited:

Marindor

No, double days won't come for this event. The reason for that is this: In past events, the focus was mostly on the Daily Prizes and secondly on the Grand Prizes. Because there were a lot of unique and powerful Daily Prizes, players were waiting for those and basically on other days, a lot less chests were opened, bringing down the overall player experience on these days. By implementing the double days as an incentive on those days, we kept the events attractive for the players on every single day and not only on the days with big Daily Rewards.

The Carnival setup is a bit different. Of course there are still unique (and powerful) Daily Rewards, but most of the focus now lies on the Grand Prizes. Instead of 2 or 3 Grand Prizes we now went to a lot more and they need way less event currency (in this case flags) to open them, but they're more attractive than the Daily Rewards. What we try to accomplish, is that with Carnival, every day of the event is just as attractive because it isn't that much about the Daily Reward anymore, but more about the overall event progress towards obtaining the full set of Grand Prizes (which should be like the "end reward" and therefore may require some effort to obtain). So the Double Days were not so much about just giving extra event currency, but more about balancing the event between days with great Daily Rewards and days with less valuable Daily Rewards (which got compensated by the Double Days). In this event that setup and focus is different (not so much on Daily Rewards anymore) and therefore for this event we wont (re-)introduce the Double Days.

DeletedUser2576

I don't see powerfull Daily Rewards and i don't see powerfull Grand prices either.

I love the new event design (not the rebalancing for live) but i really hate the prices. This is the first event in a while where i hate every single prize and there is nothing interesting to find. As mentioned along time ago i think set items should never be grand prizes so the player has a choice. Make a pop only building or a pop/culture building as grand price (as it was before sets where introduced) and i think more people would be happy.

You said you want that people do not spend all currency on one daily price so putting the set pieces as dailies would exactly archive that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

The Carnival setup is a bit different. Of course there are still unique (and powerful) Daily Rewards, but most of the focus now lies on the Grand Prizes. Instead of 2 or 3 Grand Prizes we now went to a lot more and they need way less event currency (in this case flags) to open them, but they're more attractive than the Daily Rewards.
If you can't get the whole set without paying (with few lucky exceptions) then the grand prizes are not more powerful than daily prizes, they become just fuel for crafting. After your last nerf it's just that.

Dony

King of Bugs
I don't see powerfull Daily Rewards and i don't see powerfull Grand prices either.

I love the new event design (not the rebalancing for live) but i really hate the prices. This is the first event in a while where i hate every single prize and there is nothing interesting to find.
I agree, this is the first big event where i didnt found anything interesting for me to go for, only generic rewards
set buildings which gives supplies and coins in chapter 14 is a joke, not interesting, powerfull, great, awesome or exciting
change that to sentient goods after chapter 12 and we can talk, this could also fix problems with market

edeba

Totally agree, and they consume a lot of space so they just totally kill the benefit of other set buildings. I did not much care for this set.

I personally am indifferent about a set building with sentient goods, but why not design a set that gives more choices, say 7 or 8 buildings and you can pick and choose what you like. I'd have like t1 and t2 buildings in this set, and I would probably also go for a t6 over coin, supplies, mana, seeds... Even a kp building would be nice...

Set buildings which gives supplies and coins in chapter 14 is a joke, not interesting, powerfull, great, awesome or exciting.