• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [25684] Carnival Jester building wrongly balanced

edeba

Based on what is on EA, this building is saying that it gives mana for some chapters and then switches to seeds. The links are a percent goods. So it gives far more mana and then give farm more goods and when it switches to the smaller seeds, it gives much less in the way of goods. Between chapter 11 and 12 goods declines to less than 1/4...

Maybe this was intended to be this way, but it look problematic.

Chapter 9
Jesters Tavern
mana.png
6,900 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

Chapter 10
Jesters Tavern
mana.png
9,100 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

Chapter 11
Jesters Tavern
mana.png
12,100 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

Chapter 12
Jesters Tavern
seeds.png
2,900 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

Chapter 13
Jesters Tavern
seeds.png
3,300 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

Chapter 14
Jesters Tavern
seeds.png
3,600 in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

DeletedUser2576

The Link Bonus 1 gives 100% of building production as t3+1 good.
The Link Bonus 2 gives 150% of building production as t3+2 good.

So when it gives 10.000 Mana it produces 10.000 T3 as first Link and 15.000 T3 as Link 2.

When it produces Seeds the calculation is lower. I think it's a bug ingame but i am not sure if they can fix it that easy because the link bonus config cannot handle it in the current implementation.

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

The goods amount really sucks for chapter 14. This is the goods for chapter 8. The linked goods is less in chapter 14... And if you look, it isn't even a massive jump from chapter 8 to chapter 9 where it switches to mana.
Chapter 8
goods.png
4,300 * in 1d
magic_dust.png
gems.png

DeletedUser2576

Check Chapter 5, it gives more Goods than each other chapter except halflings.

As mentioned above i think there is no easy way to fix this without redesigning the way link boni are calculated.. The easiest part would be swapping the link boni with the Banquet, since it give the same good (tools) in each chapter so it does not mess up the good production calculation and scales well from chapter 1-14.

Btw this is the first setbuilding that has that combination of ressources thats why it never occured beforehand.

edeba

The set gives seeds and mana twice in the later chapters. It makes more sense to me that it should have been a goods building all the way through...

Karvest

It was hotpatched right before rolling out the event, before it was even set to 0. Probably they were hurry and messed up things. Even the fact that it gives mana in halflings already breaks their balancing rule (all other seeds producing buildings already give seeds at that chapter).

DeletedUser2576

It was hotpatched right before rolling out the event, before it was even set to 0. Probably they were hurry and messed up things. Even the fact that it gives mana in halflings already breaks their balancing rule (all other seeds producing buildings already give seeds at that chapter).
Yep i also was confused that halfling values were mana but we will see. I think they did not noticed that their system cannot handle factorbased Link Boni with different Good Production per Chapter.

Karvest

Seems fixed, now it give elixirs all over the way. (Even in the first chapters where there is no other way to get it except trader).

DeletedUser2576

Seems fixed, now it give elixirs all over the way. (Even in the first chapters where there is no other way to get it except trader).
Can confirm this but this is also not balanced...
Now the output is fair in each Chapter but every player with elixir as boosted good will get MH Boost on Base Production while everyone else doesn't.

Please do not give away buildings which produce hard coded goods.... Use dynamic ones like boosted good or
boosted good+1/2 like in the link boni.

There is already the Harvest Set buildings that are that unbalanced with giving boosts to priviledged players. Please fix it and don't mess this up again.

edit: just set the revenue to
boosted_quality_3
instead of
and everything would be fine.
And also do it to the 5 Harvest Festival Buildings.

That makes me so sad that you priviledge some players just because the have a certain boosted good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2576

For example:
Construct Player with level 30 MH

Building gives
14.100 Elixir when you have Gems or Dust as Boosted Goods
36.660 Elixir when you habe Elixir as Boosted Good.

In which world is this fair. I reported this problem since it was introduced with the harvest set and i don't see
why no one cares @Marindor .

Please use dynamic goods or just remove the MH Bonus and make it fair for everyone.