• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New wonder-tournament related

Richord

Info came to me saying there will be a wonder next chapter that will cut 16h cooldown of the tournament into 3h on lvl 30.

IF this is true:
I strongly object to actually add this wonder.
All tactics after 1-2years are rubbish, because everything can change on the last day.
Right now we can start looking to the ranklist on wednesday/thursday morning to see if top100 is within range.
Why would be bother if all certainty is gone?

IF you still plan to add this wonder; why not cut 15min off per lvl and add something else?

but most important, is this true?

DeletedUser2576

It is only official if Inno announces it.
Tournament will not change that much.
The top 100 players will do up to 6 rounds per province no matter if they have to wait 16 hours or 3.

DeletedUser2632

yeah Syonis is right. I do 6 rounds every tournament. if there will be a reduction in tournament timer, it simply makes it more comfortable because right now I can finish 6 rounds in just enough time. do people really camp to snipe tournament rankings? IMO that would be downright silly because the difference in points per rank is less than 100 all the way up to 2nd rank. even if you managed to get, say, 100 - 200 points more by sniping, what is that on the overall ranking ladder? you do that for 52 weeks and it nets you 5,200 - 10,400 points. i think it probably will get you between 0 - 0 places at the top of the ladder. in other words, it doesn't give a significant difference.

In fact, if this did take place, it MAY help a lot more people to DO MORE in tournaments since the 16h time restriction is a very large obstacle indeed. right now the only options you have around that obstacle is a) diamonds or b) timer instants. For people who can only log on once or twice a day, such an AW effect may help them to get 1 or even 2 more rounds in. which is GOOD! more participation is always good for the game

SoggyShorts

I can't think of a wonder idea that I like as much as I love this one!
Finally the tournament would be more even globally.
Where i am travelling right now it starts at 1 am. :(
The best part is that there is virtually no downside. The hardcore who are willing to lose sleep(or live in a lucky timezone) get to keep their advantage by not "wasting" space on this wonder, and the rest of us can finally enjoy the whole tournament.
Sorry @Richord , but I love this idea. I'll ask the devs to give you my ranking points.

Heymrdiedier

I can't think of a wonder idea that I like as much as I love this one!
Finally the tournament would be more even globally.
Where i am travelling right now it starts at 1 am. :(
The best part is that there is virtually no downside. The hardcore who are willing to lose sleep(or live in a lucky timezone) get to keep their advantage by not "wasting" space on this wonder, and the rest of us can finally enjoy the whole tournament.
Sorry @Richord , but I love this idea. I'll ask the devs to give you my ranking points.
i also like this wonder. I usually do 6 rounds, but sometimes only 5. This wonder enables me to do the tournament on my own playing shedule instead of on innos shedule. finally no need to do it on the smartphone on the potty at work anymore :)

iDavis

In my case, this wonder will definitely become my favorite. I'm not able to complete 6 stars because of 16h cooldown and now I finally see at least some advantage Inno made up for advanced players, in tournaments. And it's second bonus, sentient goods related, will be just like a small addition to this.

Jaxom

I doubt that I would put up the wonder being discussed unless it had some other good power. I am on 3 worlds and only go deep into tournaments on one of them and then only on Marble. So the described benefit would be of little value. If it only took up maybe 3x3 space then I might throw it in.

I do enjoy the game and have completed Amuni on all 3 worlds, But I am not a diamond player and not a ranking player. Going deep in tournaments just eats up too much in goods and troops. I would have buy diamonds to expand my cities to support serious tournament play. Not gonna happen.

Please give us a wonder that benefits all Chapter 14 players, not just the diamond buyers.

Lovec Krys

I also do only 5 stars in most tournaments. With 16hrs cooldown, the 6th round crosses my work time. I have calculated that for being able to do tournaments outside work time, i need 14 hrs cooldown. Everything lower is just bonus for me.
There are players who are unable to login during their work time, so for them it will be even beter.
And the expired goods bonus is another good thing. It seems that borgs (my nickname for constructs) will be the first race after halfings with both wonders worth to build (for me).

Jaxom

sorry but tournaments are for everyone not just diamond players
I agree that tournaments are indeed for all players. But the ability to do them fast is not a concern for very many. Most players are not concerned about getting through 6 rounds. If this wonder does nothing more than make it easier for players to get 6 rounds done then it is NOT something that will appeal to most players.

I also do only 5 stars in most tournaments. With 16hrs cooldown, the 6th round crosses my work time. I have calculated that for being able to do tournaments outside work time, i need 14 hrs cooldown. Everything lower is just bonus for me.
There are players who are unable to login during their work time, so for them it will be even beter.
And the expired goods bonus is another good thing. It seems that borgs (my nickname for constructs) will be the first race after halfings with both wonders worth to build (for me).
I agree that the current 16 hour cooldown is a pain and it doesn't work out well for many schedules. But do we need a wonder to fix that? We have lived with this problem for years and a chapter 14 wonder isn't going to benefit many people in earlier chapters. They have to stay in the game for a LOOOONG time before they will get to build one.

Maybe if they didn't have tournaments end on Saturday but had them go through the weekend it would help more players go deeper.

DeletedUser2632

Most players are not concerned about getting through 6 rounds

How do you know that I wonder.

In this thread alone there are people saying they WOULD do 6 if the interval were shorter

Also it is not just about doing 6. The ones who did 5 might be able to do 6 now. The ones who did 4 might be able to do 5 now. And so on.

Only diamond players would be concerned with going further in tourney? Are you sure? Just cos you don't care for it doesn't mean others don't. With the introduction of RR I would be surprised if more people wouldn't want to do more, diamond or not. Also, there are many diamond players who do nothing in tourney compared to some who hardly spend. The linking of this purported upcoming AW's effect to diamond spenders is truly irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom This wonder is better than nothing. And after it's introduction I doubt that Inno gives us anything else to shorten tournament round cooldown. And don't forget that every wonder has 2 effects - if you don't enjoy the first effect, you might enjoy the second.

edeba

I think this idea for an AW is a great idea. I also like the idea of pushing the tournament so more of it is in the weekend. Moving the start day to a day later would help more players to be able to get that extra level in. I suppose some people like that it does not fall on both days of the weekend because there would be more of a draw to the game for the whole weekend... The tournament is every week so an AW that increases choice about when to do the tournament and still be able to get all 6 levels to me is a great idea.

Jaxom

I accept the criticism of my comments.Your points are quite correct.

I can only speak for myself and the fellowships that I am in. Tournaments are not a big attraction in those groups. We make it through only 4 chests most weeks. We have tried to push for more but players complain that they do not have room to produce the goods and troops that are needed. They also say that manual fighting takes too much time and auto fight loses too many troops. The players that do go further complain about the ones who don't. We just can't keep everyone happy regarding tournaments.

Speeding up the cooldown will certainly help players do more.
And yes, the second effect of the wonder might be a good one.

DeletedUser1278

If that will be trough it will be a real 1st april joke

So the new players what will be starting because that is what we need not the old people that allready play for years.
So then players can do more city,s ( yeah right) when they ever will reach chapter 14

I never play to round 4 or 5 or 6 .
I start 1 st day 24 provinces second time not second day again the 24 that already gives 1600 points
and take a few of round 3 when i want
last week the number 1 on our server had 12000 points .
In my fs we do every week 10 boxes and no need to get higher or more points ore a wonder that reduces time.

Will i build it yes will i have need from it >>never in my lifetime<<
lets say its coming then you also wil now there will be more rounds coming in the tournament.

Inno will never do something without a bigger plan behind it
they wil not tell it this time it can be next year but is is like it is.

Now a magical idea from me about the magic residences . I think when they sold enough and the market stops selling.
They will make not a house but a herberg (hotel) where more people stay but the normal house have les people in that chapter yes
But 3 chapters on it will be more the the magic residences.

But this is my thinking only so nothing is true yet only my little brain thinking about inno making money and how i would do it.
problem is everytime i an right
so we wil see in 2 or 3 years

Richord

wonder ain't that bad, but cutting it back to 3h... just too much.
i would benefit too, because i can't -currently- play 6 rounds due to work.
But fighting/catering my *ss off and then get overtaken by everybody with this wonder on a high lvl; not so nice.
few points? i've got >40k from tournaments. this help me to keep up with money-players:) so yes; it's important to me.

-bit off topic; instead of 3 extra hours, tournament should start 19:00/20:00 everywhere instead of everywhere on german time. this'll help way more than those 3h and this new wonder.

Karvest

wonder ain't that bad, but cutting it back to 3h... just too much
Note that to get those 3h you need to spend 17k KP there and find a good bunch of runes. Most players would have some reasonable level of that AW, with like 11h cooldown for comfortable tournament.

DeletedUser2632

get overtaken by everybody with this wonder on a high lvl;

This, surely, is hyperbole.

The time reduction simply helps to open up provinces. To clear them you still need goods and armies. The way you put it sounds like your tourney performance hinges solely on people not having enough time to do as many rounds as you, which I'm sure is not true, because as you said, you catered and fought for your points. If you do 5,000 points weekly you'll still do 5,000 weekly. If someone used to do only 3,000 due to time constraint but now does 5,100 because that constraint is removed, and so beats you, I'd say GGWP! You catered and fought, so did the guy that beat your 5,000!

Hoping that people will not beat you just cos their schedule doesn't allow them to do as many rounds tbh sounds rather selfish to me - which you're totally entitled to be, but I definitely will not stand on your side of the argument.