• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Valentine's QLE

DeletedUser2697

no no you are right. all feedback is valid from everyone. problem is we know inno a bit by now, and we can tell up in front when they will be stubborn ;)
LOL Stubborn is fine... and who knew? The brand spanking new Magic Academy came with 10 catalysts to use. That sticky bit solved... on to the next!

DeletedUser2697

Solve 9 Encounters or 45 Tournament Encounters

It is hard to fight in contential map which enemy are too strong
to solve 9 encounter....it is killing player's army
not many player is able to do that
even negotation will make player lost tons of goods and orc

45 tournament encounter
it mean player has to run 23 provinces and wait for 16 hour ..in order to 23 prov +22 prov(next round)
it is not many player is able to run to that deep in provinces
even this is adopted, we have to wait for next tournament as the current tournament round is too high to won

Oh goodness... this will be an issue in my big city! <rolls eyes>

DeletedUser2632

Because that building it is to big for players at chapter 1-5

Says you. I built the MA the moment I unlocked it and it didn't hamper my progress one bit.

The QLE is a game feature, I don't see what is wrong in a game feature promoting other game features. This is not a hard restriction. What would be a hard restriction is if diamonds were absolutely necessary to complete it. It's your prerogative to not do certain parts of the game but don't go demanding the game to suit your whims

DeletedUser2408

@RandomNo. yes i am saying that. And it's nothing wrong about that feature. It's just to early to have build this because not have enough of relics and spellfragments+combining catalysm, my opinion

It's still to big for those players. First of all: whats the benefits of that building in chapter 1-5, if u dont have lot of relicts for spells oder the spellfragments and combining cata..? Say me, pls... Until some players grown up to to finest, that building is mostlikely only a hindrance (take away alot of space). In my past (2016, where i was small on live) i builded it's am was regretting, because to big and i didn't have enough relicts to maintenance product, so ~80% of the playtime the academy stayed useless (doing nothing).

yes, the time still changing, but it's still my opinion. Crafting and craftsman challenge are still new, like a baby. Well, whatever. I'm only ask InnoGames to integrate a alternate quest for quest with use 2x combining catalysm before its getting out on Live, nothing more

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

The MA lets you
  • Make spells
  • Craft
  • COMPLETE EVENT QUESTS
Is 5x5 worth it for those?
That's up to you, but the game and the events are balanced with the assumption that you do build it. This means that you either have 5x5 more space than normal (making everything else in the game easier) or you build it, losing 5x5 but gaining the above benefits.

Asking for all features to be available and getting an extra expansion doesn't seem fair, does it?

DeletedUser2408

@SoggyShorts did u read my post very well? i don't hink so.

If u have alot relics to make spells, so MA is ok
If u have alot spellfragments and combining catalysm, MA is ok.

And there is the question: do u have enough relics and spellffragments+CC in the early stage to make it worth? THAT's why i am concering about that. Why should i build that 4/5x5 building if i can't use it very well (mostlikely doing nothing)?

Don't think wrong about me: i have this building now, but not using it. I'm going this only for players who are thinking about space, benefits and cost to make spells/craft of the MA, especially in the early stage (chapter 1-5), nothing more. Thats why i ask inno to have the quest a alternate for those players

DeletedUser

#8 Solve 3 Encounters or 15 Tournament Encounters
#18 Solve 6 Encounters or 30 Tournament Encounters
#25 Solve 9 Encounters or 45 Tournament Encounters
#29 Solve 12 Encounters or 60 Tournament Encounters
So we have to keep scouting to do normal provinces but we don't get any provinces expansions any more (after 454 provinces). :mad:
Hopefully there aren't any more quests like these in the last 2 quests which I still have to unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Yes I did, did you read mine?
I'm saying that maybe the MA is not "worth it" early because you dont have enough relics to use it 24/7, but the games difficulty is set based on building it, so players do not need the extra 5x5 space.

SoggyShorts

#8 Solve 3 Encounters or 15 Tournament Encounters
#18 Solve 6 Encounters or 30 Tournament Encounters
#25 Solve 9 Encounters or 45 Tournament Encounters
#29 Solve 12 Encounters or 60 Tournament Encounters
So we have to keep scouting to do normal provinces but we don't get any provinces expansions any more (after 454 provinces). :mad:
Hopefully there aren't any more quests like these in the last 2 quests which I still have to unlocked.
Ummm... No?
I mean it says right there in the quests
"Or xx tournament encounters"
What do you want?

Deleted User - 60107

the game and the events are balanced with the assumption that you do build it.
That is (sadly) NOT TRUE. The early chapters were made (and thus balanced) BEFORE the MA was added to the game. Their requirements were not changed after the MA got introduced. Thus in the early chapters you still need the same amount of Coins, Supplies, Goods, Population and Culture, but now have less space due to having to spend an entire Expansion (if you are Elf) or a 5x4 spave (if you are Human) on the MA. And you don't even get to make all of the enchantments until near the end of chapter III.

DeletedUser2408

Ok, because nobody want understand me, i will explain my point of view greater as now, so maybe anyone understand me now. Don't forget it, my goal is having the one quest with use 2x CC a alternate...

First of all, showing my point:

Magic academy is very good with their buff (crafting) recently. No points in argueing. But only, if players have spellfragments and CC to use the feature... And at the same time, it's very bad too for those player at chapter 1-5 (even with crafting). Why?

1. u need alot of relics to maintenance the relictbonus for ur own T1-T3 (in total 500 of relics to have full bonus)
2. u also need alot of relics to maintenance the relictbonus for ur own T4-T6 (in total 500 of relics to have full bonus)
- if u have planks as T1, u need marble for T4, if marble-steel and if steel-planks
- if u have silk as T2, u need crystal for T5, if crystal-scroll and if scroll-silk
- if u have gems as T3, u need elixir for T6, if elixir-dust and if dust-gems
3. the other relics are only good-for-nothing but food for other spells.
4. giving 1, 2 and 3 that circumstance, only u can make CC-Spell at Academy without worrying about losing T1-T6 necessary relics.

Seeing those 3 points, u can't make spells without any though so freely, otherwise u wil make the fatal error with T4-T6 and u can go collects the relics again from tournament.

There are the other point, that bother me too... It's the Crafting.

As a "newbie", every events are important for those players to improve itself, so every building they gained will mostlikely set on their city. What happens afertwards? Nothing to disenchant = no spellfrags. Luckily, there are now craftmans challenge to solve that problem temporarily. I'm very grateful for that, no questions! :) But the real problem is: what, if they don't have the fragments or neither the CC and if challenge doesnt appear in the city? They would have a problem with that quest because nothing to disenchant or relics to make CC for crafting. Ok, it's more like personal problem, but i think it's worth to discuss about it and why not have a alternate too.

Giving the points i showed, why should those players in the early stage (most chapter 1-5) build a academy that only lower own progress because it's big and only waste of place instead other useful buildings?

@SoggyShorts ok maybe i misunderstand u by using my own interpretation, so sorry. I'm just somehow sad for being not understand my point

SoggyShorts

That is (sadly) NOT TRUE. The early chapters were made (and thus balanced) BEFORE the MA was added to the game. Their requirements were not changed after the MA got introduced. Thus in the early chapters you still need the same amount of Coins, Supplies, Goods, Population and Culture, but now have less space due to having to spend an entire Expansion (if you are Elf) or a 5x4 spave (if you are Human) on the MA. And you don't even get to make all of the enchantments until near the end of chapter III.
Bleh.
The game has , in fact, been rebalanced multiple times since the MA addition.
There also weren't FS tournaments, instants, wonders, events etc.
The game is the easiest it has ever been.
If using 1 expansion for the MA cripples or even slows down your city, you're doing something very wrong.

Deleted User - 60107

If using 1 expansion for the MA cripples or even slows down your city, you're doing something very wrong.
Or you're just a new player who is learning the game and doesn't know all the stuff we veteran players have learned. So how about not being so dismissive of people "doing something very wrong"?

P.S.: One thing that has not changed is the cost of research in the early chapters. All techs cost the same as they did before the introduction of the MA, except for the few that got moved around the tech tree (such as the final Light Ranged Promotion that got moved from Orcs to Dwarves) and those that simply didn't exist before the MA.

DeletedUser2632

bottom line of @Scylthe feedback : requiring an MA to complete an event quest makes it too hard for newbies - BECAUSE - they wouldn't have built it yet

my feedback: I don't think it is. SOME wouldn't have built it yet, for whatever reasons, but, it's their choice. I see no problem in the quest promoting/integrating a feature of the game (crafting) that is accessible to everyone

Richord

jep; in short:
MUST having MA is bad
MUST using spells/gain fragments is thus also bad AND ridiculously expansive looking at the quest-reward AND final reward.
these kinds of events must have a grandprise that opens our eyes, drops our jaws and make us eager to wanting to have it.

Angeduciel

Just want to say thank you :):):) to Inno for having modified some quest lines as we asked for (give NH, having the choice between tournaments and provinces encounters). I appreciate also the choice betwwen make or use enchantements, and the new type of quests related to combining catalyst and spell fragments.

On the less positive side, I think asking for 900 spell fragments is too costly. I am at chap 8, I have nothing in excess in my building inventory, so I had to sacrifice other stuff :( The rewards are also ridiculous... why aren't you a bit more generous with us? It's not like we are asking for diamonds, give us a bunch of instants or a bunch of KPs not just one of each, please :D

Jackluyt

Solve 9 Encounters or 45 Tournament Encounters

45 tournament encounter
it mean player has to run 23 provinces and wait for 16 hour ..in order to 23 prov +22 prov(next round)
it is not many player is able to run to that deep in provinces
even this is adopted, we have to wait for next tournament as the current tournament round is too high to won

Wait till you get to quest number 29 - that is 60 Tournament Encounters!

I hope they start this on a Tuesday in the Live Worlds, so we can get maximum Tournament use - there is lots of Tournament stuff in here, and Tourneys are only five days long...

CrazyWizard

If u have alot relics to make spells, so MA is ok
If u have alot spellfragments and combining catalysm, MA is ok.

And there is the question: do u have enough relics and spellffragments+CC in the early stage to make it worth? THAT's why i am concering about that. Why should i build that 4/5x5 building if i can't use it very well (mostlikely doing nothing)?

Don't think wrong about me: i have this building now, but not using it. I'm going this only for players who are thinking about space, benefits and cost to make spells/craft of the MA, especially in the early stage (chapter 1-5), nothing more. Thats why i ask inno to have the quest a alternate for those players

The relics issue is a total non issue.
The catalyst requires bonus +2 relics.
Those are unused relics anyway and are neither needed for your basic goods nor sentient goods later on the the game.
So whats this rambling about relics all about?