• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

No tournament awful for players needing the relics

DeletedUser2576

you may have missed it while gaming 24/7, but for a few hundreds years there was Xmas and New year eve around this time which means normal people doesnt work, stupid game will never be above real life

This is true but then stop breaking beta with updates and do them when there are enough ppl in the office.

DeletedUser2576

do you really think they knew that it would break? i doubt it
Of course they did not know, but when there is none to really limited devs working you should shedule new feature patches to weeks where enough people are in the office.
For example:
Disable Gems and Marble Tourney. Announce it beforehand(While Dust Tourneyment is running). Patch on monday 07 January when most devs/community managers are back from vacation.

It's beta so it's totally fine if it breaks sometimes, but they could have communicated way better. Just disabling tourneys and don't tell everyone is bad.
Doing major updates while most of the office is still in vacation is also bad.

edeba

It was a dumb plan, bring in new features on a shortened week when it hardly goes right on a regular week, turn off the tournament without an announcement or forethought about taking away the opportunity to earn relics that for some people are needed for MM and CC, T3 is the only one that overlaps for these spells. I've got 6-7 weeks of down time for my magic academy because of this.

DeletedUser

We will know that you have no more relics ... 10 times the same message ^^

DeletedUser332

It's a beta server. Expect things to break at times and generally be different (and at times, unpleasant) from the live servers. This server doesn't exist for you to simply play the game normally while also receiving new features early.

SoggyShorts

It's a beta server. Expect things to break at times and generally be different (and at times, unpleasant) from the live servers. This server doesn't exist for you to simply play the game normally while also receiving new features early.
Where inno went wrong here is with diamonds on Beta.
If you want a real beta testing server, you don't allow players to pay. That way you can do whatever you want. Any way you slice it, letting players here buy diamonds kinda ruins things that way since players feel entitled to a normal game.
Also, they didn't transfer players from Beta to Live servers at launch, so I think there's still super old-timers here who started when beta was the only server.

edeba

Or you discount the diamonds to half price. There's no discount what-so-ever, and actually, sale discounts that show up on the liver servers don't show up on beta, so you can't even get discounted diamonds on beta waiting for a sale.

Where inno went wrong here is with diamonds on Beta.
If you want a real beta testing server, you don't allow players to pay. That way you can do whatever you want. Any way you slice it, letting players here buy diamonds kinda ruins things that way since players feel entitled to a normal game.
Also, they didn't transfer players from Beta to Live servers at launch, so I think there's still super old-timers here who started when beta was the only server.

DeletedUser2632

you're complaining about out-of-sequence events on a Beta Beta BETA test test TEST server.

HA.

AFAIK, beta testers beta test on a voluntary basis, so I don't see what devs owe them for testing a test feature.

If you prefer stability and predictability, maybe stick to the live servers and play new content when they are released there.

DeletedUser2632

If money is required for diamonds on a Beta Beta BETA test test TEST server, then I can complain!
HA HA
Money is required for diamonds does make it not a beta server. Money was not necessary to play the beta. I'm pretty sure somewhere in the T&C is a clause that states you voluntarily spend your time (and money, if you did) as a beta tester.

In many games, beta/test servers are even wiped when the game goes live so really, beta testers cannot and should not expect permanence in a test version of the game. Make Beta your main game if you like, but be aware of what the risks are

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

Your feedback is utterly useless.

They should think about the effect of decisions on the game. This challenge thing is 3 days and would have fit fine between tournaments.

But it also brought up the issue of an imbalance of t3+2 relics, which may be a separate issue. I don't make 1200 relics from a single tournament, but that is how many less I have then the t2+1, which are the relics for MM and the only relics I've used consistently prior to the CC. That's a pretty massive difference that pre-existed prior to canceling the opportunity to get these already over stressed relics. I didn't even realize the difference in ability to get these relics prior to canceling this tourney and Dony being hyper critical about not having them in the first place. I didn't appreciate the hyper critical attitude, but over 1200 less of these relics? Somethings not right here.

you're complaining about out-of-sequence events on a Beta Beta BETA test test TEST server.

HA.

AFAIK, beta testers beta test on a voluntary basis, so I don't see what devs owe them for testing a test feature.

If you prefer stability and predictability, maybe stick to the live servers and play new content when they are released there.

DeletedUser2632

They should think about the effect of decisions on the game.

Ironically, this is the EXACT reason why they made this TEST here on this BETA TEST server, along with all the other TESTS, such as the RR spell etc, which release thankfully was held back from LIVE because of feedback given on the BETA TEST.

This is the whole point of having a beta server. If the tournament had been skipped on the LIVE servers, I'd be right up with you in this petition but no, it wasn't, it was on the beta server, so as to TEST something before pushing it to live.

SoggyShorts

@edeba Do you only make 1 kind of spell? Is that why your relics are unbalanced? If you are only making MM, are you using PoP all the time on your workshops, and do you get enough from the tournament for that? If not, then maybe removing 1-4 workshops and using PoP could work? Use the extra pop/space to add more factories.

Lushette

you may have missed it while gaming 24/7, but for a few hundreds years there was Xmas and New year eve around this time which means normal people doesnt work, stupid game will never be above real life

The whole world doesnt grind to a halt because of a holiday, especially in business. Holiday times are the times most people would have to actually play the game. There is no need to be rude about it.

DeletedUser1278

This is not a beta test server its only a server to test how far they can push the people arround.

If its a beta or really a test server it would have free diamonds. To test al things this is a paying server.
And i can tell for 100%.
There is a real test server and normaly only the people of inno can log in there.
Maybe the moderators to or only the older moderators that have proven themselves.
This is a server the can test the people how the react on the changing on things.
And where we can see the new things first and try them

And thats al to say about it

edeba

Yes I am only making one kind of spell, both in beta and on live, although I've been making the CC spells as well. I get tons of PoP and EE from the tournament and I hardly use IM, especially since they main reason to use it is to get the KP from the timer turning over and there is a bug with the IM so you don't get that KP. I've been burning through the EE for fragments.

I mostly just use the PoP on the magic workshops, and not all the time. I have excess supplies between the tournament and build up to full, but sometimes need to polish all of my workshops during the tournament.

I have chosen this place to sit to level AWs because I do not need t3 goods so I use a lot of supplies for catering. I auto-battle while my military still wins that then I cater.

@edeba Do you only make 1 kind of spell? Is that why your relics are unbalanced? If you are only making MM, are you using PoP all the time on your workshops, and do you get enough from the tournament for that? If not, then maybe removing 1-4 workshops and using PoP could work? Use the extra pop/space to add more factories.

SoggyShorts

Ahhhh I totally forgot about what you're doing with your city here.

Your Beta city basically does absolutely nothing but farm KP from the tournament- no map expansion, no tech advancement.

I understand now why you aren't getting any sympathy from other players-- no one plays like that.