• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser2601

As for me, the simplest way is to take mechanics from Inno and put conversation rating 1 BP = 15 RR. For InnoGames one thought: conversation will be once during a game ))

This solution doesn't fix the Purchased Building problem. If future tournaments only give 11 RR then it takes 2 or more tournaments to upgrade one workshop. A single blue print would currently do that. So it is a significant penalty to purchased buildings. It is very unwise for Inno to make purchased buildings less valuable to existing owners and less attractive to future buyers.

DeletedUser2630

No sum of spells will provide the same conditions for magical buildings!

You need to set a conversion rate that will match the upper limit of magic buildings enhancements.

For example: in tournament 15RR = upgrade of magical building 8-15RR max, etc.

If there is no upper limit there will be a major penalty sooner or later for older players.

DeletedUser2099

... It would be great if Blueprints and Restoration Spells could be separated. I know that goes against the original idea....but why not have both?
:)

Picking up the idea of CiraKelley as it comes pretty close to what I have in mind already since this discussion started - why not let people decide what they want to use their blueprints/RRs for? Like: make it convertible. Magical buildings still upgrade by blueprints at a conversion rate of 1:10 (10RRs are 1 blueprint which upgrades EVERY magical building for 1 level) and RRs upgrade whatever event building by 1 RR per square. From my (albeit limited) understanding of programming this would be a quite easy to implement solution without starting from scratch.

Stays the problem of devaluating the 10 chest tournament effort by releasing RRs already at lower ranks of the tournament. And I am not talking about beta here, but life servers. Most of us are on beta for helping the game, try new implemetations first, etc but not for hunting ranks and points. But many of us are on life servers, with fellowships in high tourney performance because we want the max. This still should be rewarded with something secial that is only given to those who acchieve a certain level in tourneys by good team work week after week.

Richord

good idea.
No idea what is easy here; but maybe introduce new spell that can be produced but also comes with 10th chest.
And conversion in MA, preferably short time, because any effort besides getting the blueprint instantly= paying players (and others) don't want.

CrazyWizard

As for me, the simplest way is to take mechanics from Inno and put conversation rating 1 BP = 15 RR. For InnoGames one thought: conversation will be once during a game ))

It's not just the conversion:

-New tournament gives only 11 BP, which is not enough to sustain people's magic buildings people bought with BP in mind.
-Devaluation of the achievement to reach 10 chests in the tournament because to much is given at the beginning of the tournament.

edeba

So, my live sever game has been sharing and discussing information about other games since the 10-11:1 conversion of restoration spells to blueprints. Some have started playing other games.

Inno has made decisions that have resulted in players quitting, like nerfing the crystal lighthouse and wholesaler, but how my f/s is sharing information on other games is quite concerning. It reminds me of the demise of a facebook game, Castleville, where it seemed that my entire game network switched to play a game by a relatively unknown developer, Royal Story by Funplus, because of just getting fed up. Castleville was maxed at 26 million players and by 2013 people were so annoyed, hundreds of game players in my network deserted Castleville for royal story, and they were all strong gamers and just pulled all of their friends by recommending the game and a year and half later castleville announced it was shutting down, and Funplus ended up with close to a billion dollar buyout, https://venturebeat.com/2014/08/19/...bsidiary-to-chinese-holding-company-for-960m/.

Gamers like their games, but from what I've seen, there is a breaking point.

Online games are far more expensive to maintain than a boxed game, but a boxed game is a comparison for value for players and when you can't see that players that spend $20-100/month are golden and fail to nurture that investment and instead try to exploit it and squeeze it for more, to a gross level of dissatisfaction in what players deem as value for their investment, well, fickle can come over night. I've seen it happen and I see a very strong under current of dissonance happening right now.

DeletedUser2601

@edeba Please suggest another good game. I am 6 months Free from Warcraft and I dont want to go back to that addiction. I am trying Seaport but I dont think there is much there.

Richord

@CrazyWizard that's why i suggested (to meet in the middle) to give those spells only in 8th(?) 9th and 10th chest. certainly not before.
I really hope they make some changes. they pretty much have to.
However, not much listening going on, so I won't be surprised if the changes aren't great.