• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser724

OMG
It is a matter of changing BP to RR spell
we have 2 issue
(a) some player do not buy magic residential or workshop, but their FS reach chest 10 and get a blue print, blue print becomes a useless item......it is suggest to use it to upgrade event building....for those who have blue print , but no magic building, they can use it
(b) It is not every fellowship is able to reach chest 10 to get blue print, it is good that we can get a RR to upgrade event building...this is particultary meaning-ful for those fs who can only reach lower milestone due to insufficent members (FS size is smaller )

I think Inno create RR to resolve the 2 issues above, but the ratio of changing blue-print into RR appears upset majority player who are using blue-prints

regarding the ratio.....it will be a very long discussion and may not reach any agree-point

regarding the RR arrangement for each chest.. i do agree
personally, i would suggest

(I) keep blue print for original use ....upgrade magic buildng only
(II) keep RR in chest ( no auto conversion between blue print and RR), we use RR to upgrade event building.... this allow the testing of RR to continue
amount of RR in each chest can always be reduced, increased during testing or after testing RR....
(III) allow player to change blue print to RR (optional) with a conversion table... it is for those player who have blue print but w/o magic building, it is their choice whether to keep blue-print or not, just like our MA..we can use MA to break blue-print into RR
(IV) allow player to change RR to blue print (optional) with a conversion table.... it is for those player who have magic building but his FS cannot reach chest 10...the conversion table may be a hugh in order to protect the interests of those who use blue print to upgrade magic buildings

(I) and (II) can be resume testing asap
(III) can also test
(IV) may need to discuss be introduce in testing

DeletedUser1657

10 chest tournament = 11 RR
1 BP = 11 RR
upgrading a magic building of any level is not tied to size, but instead is a flat 11 RR

Poof, problem solved. Pretty much impossible to cry foul if they do that.

I agree with the sentiment but to bring it back a step so the devs can figure out the balance ratio themselves.

1BP = 10 chest tournament RR = a magic residence upgrade

The other issue as mentioned is event buildings do not change in size but magic buildings do so, the magic buildings devalue in comparison to an event building. Fixing the costs fixes this, but should increasing cost be necessary then the devaluation of the buildings needs to be balanced between future magic buildings and future (and current) event buildings

Another aspect is to keep the 10th chest reward worth the effort to achieve this. The devs did a lot of work (and pain) to get this set-up the way it is and it is working well. No problem with the reward not been exclusive but the reward for those later chests needs to feel like its worth the effort to obtain. More RR, some crafting spells or some KP are all acceptable to me (redistributed from existing or additional)

DeletedUser1925

OMG
It is a matter of changing BP to RR spell
we have 2 issue
(a) some player do not buy magic residential or workshop, but their FS reach chest 10 and get a blue print, blue print becomes a useless item......it is suggest to use it to upgrade event building....for those who have blue print , but no magic building, they can use it
(b) It is not every fellowship is able to reach chest 10 to get blue print, it is good that we can get a RR to upgrade event building...this is particultary meaning-ful for those fs who can only reach lower milestone due to insufficent members (FS size is smaller )

I think Inno create RR to resolve the 2 issues above, but the ratio of changing blue-print into RR appears upset majority player who are using blue-prints

regarding the ratio.....it will be a very long discussion and may not reach any agree-point

regarding the RR arrangement for each chest.. i do agree
personally, i would suggest

(I) keep blue print for original use ....upgrade magic buildng only
(II) keep RR in chest ( no auto conversion between blue print and RR), we use RR to upgrade event building.... this allow the testing of RR to continue
amount of RR in each chest can always be reduced, increased during testing or after testing RR....
(III) allow player to change blue print to RR (optional) with a conversion table... it is for those player who have blue print but w/o magic building, it is their choice whether to keep blue-print or not, just like our MA..we can use MA to break blue-print into RR
(IV) allow player to change RR to blue print (optional) with a conversion table.... it is for those player who have magic building but his FS cannot reach chest 10...the conversion table may be a hugh in order to protect the interests of those who use blue print to upgrade magic buildings

(I) and (II) can be resume testing asap
(III) can also test
(IV) may need to discuss be introduce in testing

totally agree.
I would add to leave the blue print in the 10 chest so those used to use them for the residences and workshops will not feel ... lovelorn XD
It's Christmas ;)

SoggyShorts

I agree with the sentiment but to bring it back a step so the devs can figure out the balance ratio themselves.
1BP = 10 chest tournament RR = a magic residence upgrade
Yes, indeed- whatever a 10 chest tournament rewards for RR/BP should be the conversion rate. To a player this is obvious.
Also, whatever the cost to upgrade a magic building becomes, it should equal a 10 chest tournament.
If it's 11:11:11 that's the right idea, but clearly players were expecting a little higher like 15:15:15.

Another aspect is to keep the 10th chest reward worth the effort to achieve this.
For me this is the most important part.
Getting the 10th chest used to mean something. It was a difficult goal, but one that was worth trying for.
Please inno, don't devalue it to the point where a FS can just half-ass the tournament and get half a BP.

MalpA

This spell is kinda best thing Inno can give for players. In Amuni GR after i upgrade all residences i still have a problem with population,i felt like upgrades give not enough of pop.
But after this spell get implemented i felt like a boss :D ... after upgraded almost all of my building i have soo big stock for next GR, and eventualy place some T6 building for futur:esmile:

Well played INNO, this was best move You can mad:esmile:

upload_2018-12-21_8-55-11.png

edeba

I think that is a great idea to step back and think it through. What I know for sure in my f/s is many, many magic buildings were purchased in the later chapters and those purchases were driven by calculations for upgrading costs and blue prints to offset those costs.

Everyone in chapter 13 points to the 24 square workshop and there is a lot of simple averaging between the 16 square residence and the workshop to get an average of 20. But I know I have a lot more magic residences so a weighted average using a ratio of 3 residences/workshop is 18.

At the same time, I can also see that maybe getting all 10 chests has worked out to be easier than inno intended, especially as cities get stronger and maybe even with the upgrading ability. I think 1:18 is the correct ratio but a tournament with 12 chests the last 2 totaling an addition 25k of points (10 and 15k or 11 and 14k) and putting the last 8 in those two extra chests is a way better idea for the balancing concerns, and going to 10 spells for the first 10 chests.

We've waited so very long for the restoration spells, I think it is very unfair to nerf what we thought thought we could upgrade as we planned for this. I also think the 1 square/spell is a good idea. I can accept the expectation of being able to upgrade an event building with one tournament, and having a ratio of 18:25, so having to do a second tournament to finish, but this 10 or 11:25 is a pretty drastic cut...

Hi everyone,

We would like to thank every single one of you who took the time to provide us with constructive and elaborate feedback on the current implementation of the Royal Restoration Spell in our feedback thread.

The main goal of the early beta tests of this feature on beta was to not only squat all potential bugs prior to the live release, but also to give everyone the opportunity to provide us with this kind of feedback for us to consider for improvements. We got to see a lot of different perspectives and read some very valid points, both positive and negative. With this feedback in mind, we have gathered again to analyse and discuss further possibilities to make the implementation of our planned feature to upgrade summonable buildings as enjoyable as possible, while at the same time not tipping our delicate game balance. We would now like to take the necessary time to reconsider some assumptions and back up all concerns, examples and ideas with additional data analyses to re-iterate on the concept. Thanks to your feedback, we have also discovered some technical flaws that we would like to address at the same time.

Seen as the Christmas holidays are just around the corner, this means that we will not be taking any further steps towards the rollout on live markets or release any more updates on beta this year. We feel that hasty decisions would be the wrong approach for this complex topic. As such, we will deactivate the Royal Restoration Spell on beta for the time being and revert all Royal Restoration Spells back to Blueprints so that you can continue using them for upgrades of magical buildings. This also means that the tournaments will reward you with Blueprints as they did in the old system. Should there be any more Spells than increments of 10 in your inventory, we will of course round the results of the exchange up in your favor (e.g. 11 Royal Restoration Spells would be equal to 1.1 Blueprints and hence be converted back to 2 Blueprints). All upgrades made to buildings will be kept in place.

We shall then keep you posted on any adjustments to the initial release plan in January, to provide you with an update on this topic and see how we proceed with the implementation of this feature that will ultimately enable you to upgrade your summonable event buildings.

Heymrdiedier

This spell is kinda best thing Inno can give for players. In Amuni GR after i upgrade all residences i still have a problem with population,i felt like upgrades give not enough of pop.
But after this spell get implemented i felt like a boss :D ... after upgraded almost all of my building i have soo big stock for next GR, and eventualy place some T6 building for futur:esmile:

Well played INNO, this was best move You can mad:esmile:

View attachment 5007

OOh so you used all your RR spells allready? I didnt dare to use any.

Have you considered that maybe in version 2 of royal restoration, a BP you had before might now be worth 15 RR, instead of the 10 you got? It might also be less ofcourse, noone can tell.

MalpA

OOh so you used all your RR spells allready? I didnt dare to use any.

Have you considered that maybe in version 2 of royal restoration, a BP you had before might now be worth 15 RR, instead of the 10 you got? It might also be less ofcourse, noone can tell.

Didnt care at all :) i will get another :) ..400 or 600 it doesnt matter as long as i made all buildings i want to upgrade

Alpha-74

Should there be any more Spells than increments of 10 in your inventory, we will of course round the results of the exchange up in your favor (e.g. 11 Royal Restoration Spells would be equal to 1.1 Blueprints and hence be converted back to 2 Blueprints). All upgrades made to buildings will be kept in place.

After the RR test I had 14 RR left and now I only have one blueprint

DeletedUser778

Now with everything cooled down a bit I'd like to come around with minor stuff ;)

The RR spell image
blueprint_to_restoration.png

Every other instant is more or less in shades of the same base color, so the RR image looks a bit colourful and out of place compared to the others
Also the Icon itself looks a bit too square and uninspired for my taste.
Especially the checkered ground looks totaly unecessary and out of place.

I would more go like something like this
RR.png

Dony

King of Bugs
Every other instant is more or less in shades of the same base color, so the RR image looks a bit colourful and out of place compared to the others
that it not true anymore, check instants in inventory, all got new graphics

edeba

Me too, I used some, 64 for 4 building upgrades and and then 44 more for I think another 4 upgrades. I had 162 left and I only have 16 blueprints.

Ok, so I did 8 upgrades, and I started with 27 blueprints. So, at 18:1 I'd have had 21 blueprints returned. At 15: I'd have had 19 back, which is the correct number for the number of buildings I upgraded. My beta account is chapter 6.

I think 18:1 is fair for my big account, but obviously for my baby account 15:1 is fair.

DeletedUser332

10 chest tournament = 11 RR
1 BP = 11 RR
upgrading a magic building of any level is not tied to size, but instead is a flat 11 RR

Poof, problem solved. Pretty much impossible to cry foul if they do that.

That would fly in the face of what the developers were planning these spells to be used for, though. It would be quite inconsistent in the new system for these buildings to maintain a fixed cost when everything else that these spells could be used on does not, and would be rather strange in cases where this cost is higher than a larger event building or the reverse, when it's less than a smaller event building.

I'll admit though that I'm biased. I see people stockpiling whatever they can, as much as they can, and expect not only to never actually run out of whatever they're stockpiling, but also for Inno to never touch (or at least devalue) their stockpile either, even if it's to implement changes to the game that are ultimately better in the long-term.

DeletedUser724

annoucement say
if u have 11RR,
11/10=1.1.....u will get 2 blue-print ..not 1 blue-print....
Inno will round up to next interger

DeletedUser2601

Maybe what Inno needs to do is split the buildings that use RRs into two group. Event buildings which are free and don't grow. Event buildings could cost 1 RR per space. And purchased building which cost money and do grow. Purchased building could cost 1 RR per 2 spaces. This would cure most of the problem people are having with blue print to RR conversion.

DeletedUser1741

As for me, the simplest way is to take mechanics from Inno and put conversation rating 1 BP = 15 RR. For InnoGames one thought: conversation will be once during a game ))