• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser2576

Hi everyone,

We would like to thank every single one of you who took the time to provide us with constructive and elaborate feedback on the current implementation of the Royal Restoration Spell in our feedback thread.

The main goal of the early beta tests of this feature on beta was to not only squat all potential bugs prior to the live release, but also to give everyone the opportunity to provide us with this kind of feedback for us to consider for improvements. We got to see a lot of different perspectives and read some very valid points, both positive and negative. With this feedback in mind, we have gathered again to analyse and discuss further possibilities to make the implementation of our planned feature to upgrade summonable buildings as enjoyable as possible, while at the same time not tipping our delicate game balance. We would now like to take the necessary time to reconsider some assumptions and back up all concerns, examples and ideas with additional data analyses to re-iterate on the concept. Thanks to your feedback, we have also discovered some technical flaws that we would like to address at the same time.

Seen as the Christmas holidays are just around the corner, this means that we will not be taking any further steps towards the rollout on live markets or release any more updates on beta this year. We feel that hasty decisions would be the wrong approach for this complex topic. As such, we will deactivate the Royal Restoration Spell on beta for the time being and revert all Royal Restoration Spells back to Blueprints so that you can continue using them for upgrades of magical buildings. This also means that the tournaments will reward you with Blueprints as they did in the old system. Should there be any more Spells than increments of 10 in your inventory, we will of course round the results of the exchange up in your favor (e.g. 11 Royal Restoration Spells would be equal to 1.1 Blueprints and hence be converted back to 2 Blueprints). All upgrades made to buildings will be kept in place.

We shall then keep you posted on any adjustments to the initial release plan in January, to provide you with an update on this topic and see how we proceed with the implementation of this feature that will ultimately enable you to upgrade your summonable event buildings.

Thanks that you will take time and overthink the actual implementation.
It's better to take some extra time (even if the feature is already delayed) and provide a good experience for everyone.
I think almost everyone agrees with making it tile based and giving smaller fellowships a better experience as well but the current implementation
steals something from one playergroup just to give another group something.
There are many ways which can make every playergroup happy, is still balanced and generates as much money for Inno as before or maybe even more.

This decision is the best christmas present Inno could present to me so i am very happy after the last days were very disappointing and making me losing trust in Inno.

Thanks and merry christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2601

"Et voila" everything is canceled for now ... you're happy the "big" players ???? the little ones will not have RR ...
continue your tournaments 10 chests ... Pfffff

Yes I am happy they are thinking through our feedback instead of rushing out a solution that will make many people unhappy. It has been more than 7 months since the original announcement of RR. Waiting another month or two to get a solution that satisfies most people would be fine with me.

Dony

King of Bugs
either a bug or feedback but upgrading any building which auto produce doesnt give information anywhere that timer will reset when upgrading, either there should be text below upgrade button informing us that production will reset, or pop up window similar to when you want to move 1 building from the set

DeletedUser

.... As such, we will deactivate the Royal Restoration Spell on beta for the time being and revert all Royal Restoration Spells back to Blueprints so that you can continue using them for upgrades of magical buildings....
I'm still seeing the RR Spell !? :eek:

Dony

King of Bugs
i think they jsut converted it back to blueprints so nobody can use them anymore, simplier this way then to remove whole feature from game

DeletedUser2378

I feel pretty confident that the Dev's can come up with a good compromise for all players. There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread for those who use Blueprints.
My group was excited to receive a few RR Spells this week. It's a fairly new fellowship (began in March) and our highest player is in the S&D chapter.
We play Beta for fun and at our own pace, same with all of our other groups on the US and EN servers. We certainly aren't lazy. All members are active. We just aren't a 10 chest fellowship(s). I think both types of fellowships (10 chest, competitive groups and non-10 chest casual groups) are all beneficial to this game and the Inno company.
All players enjoy the game for their own reason. I've spent a lot of money on this game, through the years. I've been playing since July 2015...I don't buy Magic buildings but I know a lot of folks who do and who enjoy them. I spend my money on other things, in game, that I want purchase, to advance through the chapters.
It would be great if Blueprints and Restoration Spells could be separated. I know that goes against the original idea....but why not have both?
Whatever they decide, with the help from the community, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. We've been through plenty of re-balancing and changes in this game since it began in April '15....and we're all still here, enjoying the game our own ways. :)

Maillie

This is rather pathetic. The bigger players, or those in tournament based fellowships, get windfalls every week. They can't get enough. The KP that used to be earned as rewards were so helpful to the smaller players slogging their way through Dwarves and Orcs then was converted to AW tokens because the bigger players couldn't get enough. Now we need to take the spells away because the bigger players are sure they won't get enough. And once again the smaller players should get no rewards, because they're not big "enough". Has it occurred to anyone that for the bigger players there will never be enough?

slide

This is rather pathetic. The bigger players, or those in tournament based fellowships, get windfalls every week. They can't get enough. The KP that used to be earned as rewards were so helpful to the smaller players slogging their way through Dwarves and Orcs then was converted to AW tokens because the bigger players couldn't get enough. Now we need to take the spells away because the bigger players are sure they won't get enough. And once again the smaller players should get no rewards, because they're not big "enough". Has it occurred to anyone that for the bigger players there will never be enough?
I think they changed it to kp instants because people were progressing through the tree too fast. Back at the beginning there were no fellowships, no tournaments, no way of getting hundreds of kp every week and skipping through the tree, by turning them into kp instants they've slowed down the rate of progression. Its still faster than it was at the beginning as all kp earned while doing the rounds in the tournament can go to the tree, as can those we get from event buildings such as the wishing well or ferris wheel.

Also, it isn't a case of the bigger players not getting enough.... its about the conversion rate, as a player in fairies (not a "bigger player") it would cost me the equivalent of 3 blueprints, rather than 2, to upgrade 1 magic house and 1 magic workshop from fairies to orcs...

SoggyShorts

The KP that used to be earned as rewards were so helpful to the smaller players slogging their way through Dwarves and Orcs then was converted to AW tokens because the bigger players couldn't get enough.
Nonsense. The game is way faster than ever. Instants, vastly improved wonders, Double the FS rewards in tournaments, Portal Profits, massively improved set buildings, the list goes on.
And once again the smaller players should get no rewards, because they're not big "enough".
Being big does not get you blueprints, it never has. Gathering a group of players who are willing to log in for 10 minutes 5 days in a row gets you a blueprint.
Our best tournament players are under 70K score.
Every server has fellowships that are searching players who are willing to do their 1600 points each week.
If you aren't getting 10 chests you have no one to blame but yourself.

DeletedUser2632

All the "big player can't get enough" arguers - you're either too narrow-minded or simply do not have the mental capacity to understand that the big debate is not about:

a) the function of RR
b) how many RR should be given per tournament (I know, this has been brought up, but I think this is not THE big issue, at least as has been debated so far)
c) how many RRs should be needed per event building upgrade

There has been only one hotly debated issue: players currently holding blueprints should not be shortchanged when they are converted. It doesn't even have anything to do with size.

Also,
Just to be clear: Please note that we're not taking away the Royal Restorations entirely forever.

@Maillie and @Biloutte91 are examples of not small players, but players with small minds

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 86059

Now now now lets be civil and not turn this into bickering. I don't want to slap any legs but I will if needed.
Just remember it's nice to be nice. It's gone the upset is gone (for now) so let's concentrate on telling the devs what is wanted so we can possibly get a solution to this rather than arguing between ourselves.Step forward instead of standing still ;)

DeletedUser332

I don't think anyone who complained about the RR implementation will be satisfied unless the final solution is to convert all blueprints into whatever the cost is for upgrading a magic workshop. But the problem even with that is that workshops (and residences) grow in size every two chapters, plus the fact that workshops are eventually larger than residences meaning you're technically getting more value currently from upgrading a workshop than you are from a residence on a tile basis. So the question is: how WILL everyone be satisfied with RR spells replacing blueprints? Short of some complex coding making RR rewards scale with age to account for increasing magical building sizes (and always looking at workshops to determine ratios), I don't see how it'll be possible. It sounds like people are asking for something that can't realistically happen, and the immediate result is having to wait even longer to be able to enhance event buildings that may be looking for some much-needed upgrades...