• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

Lovec Krys

Suggestion for INNO to solve problems we have with this implementation (to avoid players rage if you go with this unchanged to live servers (REMEMBER THIS SPRING, this will end the same way)):

1st Issue: Blueprint to royal restoration conversion ratio
Starting with orcs, Houses are bigger than conversion rate. At the latest chapters much bigger.
For workshops it's even worse - starting chapter III they are bigger than conversion rate. At the latest chapters much bigger.

Possible solutions:
a) Give us better conversion ratio - 1:15 - bigger players still loose, but not so much, small players gain.

b) Give us better conversion ratio - 1:20 - biggest players loose a little, smaller players gain more. Just remember, that most players with blueprints are the big ones.

c) Give us conversion ratio chapter dependant - for example 10 for the first 5 chapters, +1 for each chapter since dwarfs (that would make 18 for Amuni) or 10 for chapter 1-3, +1 for each chapter after that (that would make 20 for Amuni).

d) Make max price for upgrading magic workshop & residences. For ratio 1:10 it should be 10.
(This can also apply to upgrading event buildings - I don't mind)

e) Change formula for needed royal restoration spell count - divide it by 2 (that would mean that 1 and 2 square buildings would cost 1 spell, 3&4 square would cost 2 spells, and so on)

2nd Issue: Devaluation of 10th chest
With Royal restoration spell replacing blueprints with current conversion rate and upgrading rules together with royal restoration spell distribution within chests, the 10th chest has greatly devaluated.

I suggest this to fix it:
a) Give us more RR spells in the last chests:

Suggested distribution for 15 instead of 11 RR spells:
3rd chest - 8th chest: 1 RR spell
9th chest: 3 RR spells
10th chest: 6 RR spells

Suggested distribution for 20 instead of 11 RR spells:
3rd chest to 6th chest: 1 RR spell
7th & 8th chest: 2RR spells
9th chest: 4 RR spells
10th chest: 8 RR spells

b) Also additional rewards to the 10th chest could be added (in addition to variants described in (a)):
1 or 2 catalyst spell + additional Ancient knowledge instances (+10 or +15).
So the 10th chest would contain 3 or 5 additional RR spells and 1 or 2 catalyst and +10KP or +15KP instant.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2632

Hi everyone,

Regarding your concerns about the conversion rate, we do understand that, especially for players in higher chapters, everything seems more expensive. At the same time, however, we also need to keep players in earlier chapters in mind. All of our calculations right now are based on a value of one blueprint being 10 Royal Restoration spells. Premium Residences, for instance, as the most commonly placed premium buildings, have an average tile size of 10.85 combined for Humans and Elves. As you can see, the average for these is slightly above 10, due to higher Chapter buildings being bigger, but also significantly more effective. If you take Elves, the first premium residential above 10 tiles of size occurs as late as Chapter 8. Before that point in time, each upgrade actually even costs less than it did with Blueprints before.

This in turn means that each tournament completion now gives the equivalent needed to upgrade an average residence, and then some. Additionally, it has become a lot easier for smaller Fellowships to gain the Royal Restoration Spells for their members, as the conversion now allows us to split up the spells and put them already in earlier chests. Of course, the demands will increase over time in the game. That is only natural.

I don't see the logic of your argument.

Are you assuming that a lot of early chapter players currently have a lot of blueprints AND a lot of magic buildings and converting them into anything more than 10 RR per BP is going to make things too easy for them? If this scenario were true, then I accept this argument. But I doubt that is the case.

The issue here is simple: blueprints that have ALREADY BEEN WON in PAST TOURNAMENTS should not DROP IN VALUE with the new feature being implemented. This is equivalent to a retroactive nerf. If you're going to do that, then why are you not making every BP at least convert into 11 RR but 10 instead? And even that would not be a fair conversion. Right now, 1 BP = 1 Magic Building upgrade UNIVERSALLY, so to preserve that value of a BP, the conversion should also give RRs equivalent to or at least close to enough to upgrade a Magic Building universally. The issue here is NOT with how you want the RRs to work or how many RR you want to give in 10 chests. We're talking about the CONVERSION OF BLUEPRINTS ALREADY WON. Do you think your players are stupid or something? Stop sidestepping the issue and address it head on.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

What if Inno would have released Royal Restoration Spell without touching the Blueprints. That could have been a solution?
No, because for years players who don't have magic buildings have worked very hard to earn blueprints for the promise that they will be allowed to use them for event buildings.
Having the possibility to upgrade the one we already have (or crafted) makes the new event buildings less desirable. Am I missing something here? ..
Some of the better buildings in events are expiring ones, and even if you are in a perfect 10 chest FS you can only upgrade 22 expansions worth of event buildings per year, minus any RR you spend on magic buildings. Winning a 3x4 event building that replaces an old one instead of upgrading it is like winning an extra 12 RR spells.
It's just the opposite ... it's the "obsessed" of the 10th chest who are selfish ...
this novelty allows EVERYONE to get spells ... and that's a good thing
No. Everyone gets a blue ribbon for showing up? Gross. Should everyone get the top prizes in the Fellowship adventures just for logging in too? How about we give every player 1,000 ranking points from the tournament if they log in that week?
Your laziness and greed should not be more important than the effort of others.

SoggyShorts

Here's my problem with the tournament change:
The current spread of RR among the tournament chests makes the effort of getting 10 chests much less appealing and that every RR offered outside of tournaments(if any) would only increase this effect.
9 chests get you 72% of the RR for 80% of the points
8 chests get you 55% of the RR for 63% of the points
7 chests get you 45% of the RR for 48% of the points
6 chests get you 36% of the RR for 35% of the points
5 chests get you 27% of the RR for 24% of the points
4 chests get you 18% of the RR for 16% of the points<--- This is now the best RR per point sweet spot.
3 chests get you 9% of the RR for 9%% of the points<---This is about 200x cheaper per RR than getting 10 chests

Once you consider that the higher points cost far more than the lower points e.g. the 20th province costs 20x the first province, then you can see that the return on effort is massively skewed towards those who try less.

Last edited:

ALdbeign

Having thought this through, my only issue with the new setup is how many RR you get for completing the tourney. I think a total of 15 would be more in keeping with when they made the switch to kp instants and increased the total kp from the tourney accordingly. on my small (aka beta) city my magic WS is going to be 18 and in my large city, it will be at 24 (assuming we keep with size change alternating between houses and WS)

Arayla

Please consider this feedback and the possibility of some minor changes to make this an awesome update by:
  • Reviewing conversation rate to be chapter specific
  • Reviewing 10th chest rewards to be unique and rewarding for the effort
Yes! The conversion rate needs to be addressed and the rewards for the 10th chest need to be improved to make a team goal worth the effort.

DeletedUser2601

I am feeling taken advantage of. One of the MAJOR reasons I was willing to buy Magic buildings was the fact that I could use 1 Blueprint per magic building per guest race to do all my upgrades. I was willing to pay for a magic building once, but I have no interest in paying at every new guest race. I would have purchased many less Magic buildings if I was aware it would take 2.4 Tournaments to earn enough RR to upgrade a workshop (and that will likely grow as new guest races appear). I guess I am glad you made this announcement when you did. I was about to buy a few more magic building, but given the new rules, I now have all the magic buildings I can afford.

(no I dont have any magic buildings on my beta account, I have 14 on my US3 account)

DeletedUser1657

One of the MAJOR reasons I was willing to buy Magic buildings was the fact that I could use 1 Blueprint per magic building per guest race to do all my upgrades.

This is the same for me. I had based my purchases around my ability to obtain blueprints to upgrade them while keeping some room for the event upgrade option (when it arrived). If the update remains as is, I may even have too many magic buildings and be forced to never upgrade an event item or delete some magic buildings in favour of other options. Some event buildings are actually starting to look like they might be better buildings then a magic building as the event buildings have a fixed upgrade cost.

My Christmas wish has changed from the RR spell (amongst other wishes) to please look favourably on reviewing the update. I do have faith in the devs though, so hopefully they are full of Christmas cheer and in a generous spirit when they return from their holidays. :rolleyes:;)

DeletedUser2576

This feature being different because it's also announced in all non beta forums you should also get the feedback from over there.
Telling them that the feedback will not be forwarded because the feature is not live is a No-Go.
You made an announcement so please also consider the feedback from there.

Heymrdiedier

This feature being different because it's also announced in all non beta forums you should also get the feedback from over there.
Telling them that the feedback will not be forwarded because the feature is not live is a No-Go.
You made an announcement so please also consider the feedback from there.
I dont know what live server you play on, but the one im playing on, is only annoucing that the restoration wont make it in 2018 anymore but will be early 2019.
It doesnt tell any details yet. I assume because my CM also thinks that 10 / 11 isnt enough and he knows/hopes it will still change before it makes it to live. Im keeping my fingers crossed just because no details were announced on live :)

DeletedUser2576

I dont know what live server you play on, but the one im playing on, is only annoucing that the restoration wont make it in 2018 anymore but will be early 2019.
EN and DE Region Announcement is linking to the beta announcement where the 1:10 ratio and 11 RR/Tourney Ratio is found.
Did not check other regions. Oh and EN has a discussion/feedback thread. Dunno why DE has none.

DeletedUser2408

Hello everybody,

i have a post from DE and i hope Inno will read her feedback as well

Greetings from Romilly from the german forum - she doesn't have an account here so I transmit her thoughts and fears about the new RR....

...I'm very happy with the possibility to upgrade my eventbuildings soon, but sadly there's a huge taste of unfairness in this christmas-banquet.

First: I'm afraid, you didn't do your math correct relating to the rate of exchange, because obviously you only considered the magical elven residence. But you had to look at all 4 magical buildings to find a fair exchange. From level 1 to 13 you need 132 RR for elven residences, but 142 for the humans - and 193 RR for elven workshops and 191 for the humans = 658 RR : (4x12 upgrades) means an average of 13,708 and not only 10 :)

Look, I'm with you - for the eventbuildings the cost of 1 RR per square makes really sense. And for those buildings it's a new feature and you can make the price as you want to make it.

But relating to the magical buildings you gave us the promise, that we only have to pay 1 blueprint to get the building to the next level no matter which chapter we are. But now, people in the higher chapters have to pay up to 2,4 x that price or pay it with money - again. But people, which bought those buildings, thought they could manage these demands anytime - but now, they understand, that they won't any longer. And that's the reason, why they are now mad at you.

So - how can you fix this? For the live-servers it would be the easiest way to first start the new chapter, let those people use their blueprints and bring the RR afterwards (with a better exchange). Then, you have to raise the output of the RR in the tournaments, because 11 per week are not enough in my opinion. But how to deal with the big workshops? Maybe you should only demand half the price here, this would be similar to the residences in most cases.

DeletedUser2408

And there other DE-User called " Elf Max Power"

How about another exchange rate for the blueprints? You change each of them just to 320 Diamonds, so everyone can still upgrade his magical buildings exactly the number of stages as he can now with the already gained blueprints.

DeletedUser

I read this message as: " I want restoration spells too, but dont expect me to be willing to do anything for it." aka going dutch.

I do not care royally !!!! I have 530.000 points and I finished the Amunis ... I speak for the small levels and the small Fellowships
... if I want, I make 2000 points in tournament every week ...

PrimroseSylvia

EN and DE Region Announcement is linking to the beta announcement where the 1:10 ratio and 11 RR/Tourney Ratio is found.
Did not check other regions. Oh and EN has a discussion/feedback thread. Dunno why DE has none.
On IT server was announced too and no feedback thread was created (but we have one in spoiler from beta :p )

Marindor

Hi everyone,

We would like to thank every single one of you who took the time to provide us with constructive and elaborate feedback on the current implementation of the Royal Restoration Spell in our feedback thread.

The main goal of the early beta tests of this feature on beta was to not only squat all potential bugs prior to the live release, but also to give everyone the opportunity to provide us with this kind of feedback for us to consider for improvements. We got to see a lot of different perspectives and read some very valid points, both positive and negative. With this feedback in mind, we have gathered again to analyse and discuss further possibilities to make the implementation of our planned feature to upgrade summonable buildings as enjoyable as possible, while at the same time not tipping our delicate game balance. We would now like to take the necessary time to reconsider some assumptions and back up all concerns, examples and ideas with additional data analyses to re-iterate on the concept. Thanks to your feedback, we have also discovered some technical flaws that we would like to address at the same time.

Seen as the Christmas holidays are just around the corner, this means that we will not be taking any further steps towards the rollout on live markets or release any more updates on beta this year. We feel that hasty decisions would be the wrong approach for this complex topic. As such, we will deactivate the Royal Restoration Spell on beta for the time being and revert all Royal Restoration Spells back to Blueprints so that you can continue using them for upgrades of magical buildings. This also means that the tournaments will reward you with Blueprints as they did in the old system. Should there be any more Spells than increments of 10 in your inventory, we will of course round the results of the exchange up in your favor (e.g. 11 Royal Restoration Spells would be equal to 1.1 Blueprints and hence be converted back to 2 Blueprints). All upgrades made to buildings will be kept in place.

We shall then keep you posted on any adjustments to the initial release plan in January, to provide you with an update on this topic and see how we proceed with the implementation of this feature that will ultimately enable you to upgrade your summonable event buildings.

DeletedUser

"Et voila" everything is canceled for now ... you're happy the "big" players ???? the little ones will not have RR ...
continue your tournaments 10 chests ... Pfffff