• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser1906

I just cannot understand why a blueprints value needed to change, to implement a way to upgrade event buildings.

A blueprint was a reward only obtainable by serious tournament efforts in Fellowships once a week. It was worth 1 upgrade to ANY magic residence or workshop regardless of chapter. Why did this have to change? Why do magic workshops and residences need to have the same upgrade rules as event buildings in regards to RR spells?

Will there be a way to craft these spells? Or earn these spells other than the tournament?

If nothing changes with the implementation of RR spells, then I cannot see a real use to them. This will be a part of the game I ignore. I highly doubt I will even keep track of how many RR spells I have. There will still be more events with new event buildings to replace old event buildings that are no longer that useful. I will also not be buying anymore magic residences because without upgrading them they will be a waste of precious space in 5 or so chapters and will need to be sold. There will be new event buildings that will provide better population options than a magic residence from 5 chapters ago. In addition to this I will use up as many blueprints as I can upgrading magic residences in my other cities before you lower blueprint value by converting them to RR spells.

DeletedUser2561

The advertisement was "We will be adding more value to the blueprints". The current implementation is "We reduce their value (except for some lowly chapters)".

There's an easy fix for that discrepancy: Exclude magic buildings from the normal cost of 1 per tile.

Version 1: Make those buildings cost half a spell per tile only. Conversion rate should probably be 10 then, not 11. This would mean a slightly higher cost for workshops at the very end, but only by 20% instead of over 118%.

Version 2: Keep the cost equivalent of one fully completed tournament per upgrade.

Version 2a: Make every upgrade cost the same.

Version 2b: Building brandnew additional magical buildings costs more and more per chapter, but is capped at 1400 Diamonds. Upgrading these builings could also cost more and more, 1 per tile, until they reach the cap of one blueprint / fully completed tournament.

Any of these versions would likely stop all protests here in a second.

Buttrflwr

WOW, JUST WOW! You told us you were going to make EVENT BUILDINGS upgradeable with this RR spell. Event buildings were won, usually free, maybe some diamonds spent to obtain them, I PAID FOR MY MAGIC BUILDINGS!!!!! And I didn't buy them all in Chapter 1, either!!! Now you are telling us that you are nerfing the bajeebus out of them, by nerfing our ability to upgrade them. Yes, I am in Amuni, have been playing this game for years, and have stuck through a LOT of not so player friendly decisions by Inno. But this....THIS....I still just don't really believe ya'll are even considering such a move. You really do NOT value your oldest players, do you? The following quotes pretty well sum it up. LISTEN TO THEM, PLEASE!!!!! As an AM for a top FS that PRIDES itself on striving hard to be a 10 chest FS EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK, (and do you KNOW how many goods and troops that uses???), you are totally negating our efforts, and spitting in our pixelated faces. Do what you want for the RR spells, tile based, ratio, whatever, but LEAVE THE MAGIC BUILDINGS ALONE!!! And don't devalue our efforts in being a 10 chest FS.

changing 1 bp = 10 RR but needing more RR to upgrade Magic buildings?

Okay you said, Magic buildings will still need 320 diamonds to upgrade. Right now I have 24 bps, which can upgrade 24 magic buildings, which is worth 7,680 diamonds.

24 bp = 240 RR.If 240 RR and can only upgrade, say, 20 magic buildings, it means my 24 bp changed from being worth 7,680 diamonds to being worth 6,400 diamonds (OR LESS)

That's a really cheap move

While I find the ratio very disappointing, I think the minimum fix is to make Magic buildings a fixed 10 RR cost to upgrade. I only have the one we got for free, but I can't see how this change is fair to your heavily spending customers. The ability to upgrade event buildings will never even come close to what they are losing.

If one blueprint = 10 restoration spells and that doesn't upgrade a magical building anymore, ( they need up to 16 RR per = 2x 10 chest tournaments )
Why would players want this spell?

Remember, that the CHOICE to upgrade event buildings was to be a Blueprint's "new option" , make it more relevant to all players.
I cannot imagine players were expecting Inno to break a blueprints value BELOW its original use.

Players actually work hard and as a team to gather the blueprint in tournaments when they cost 1 blueprint per magical building, 1 blueprint per 10 Chest.
Now you are REDUCING their EFFORTS and require them to win TWO 10 chest tournaments, just to upgrade one magical building?!?!?!

Players invest a lot of their city space, time and resources to complete ONE 10 chest tournament and as an AM, I will have to tell them they now have to do twice as much to level their magical buildings or purchase Diamonds straight up for equal BP strength. No one cares about your conversion for upgrading event buildings, obviously that is new and at Innos discretion, but the Blueprint before should equal a freaking Blueprint after the restoration spell.

Will Inno balance the tournaments better? Reduce the costs to complete the tournaments now that we have to do two for one?

** The only magical building i own was given to me when Inno nuked the value on event buildings to prepare for this spell.
First, Inno destroys the value of our current special event buildings earlier this year and tosses us a free magical building for this "inconvenience" ...
Then, Inno destroys the value /effectiveness of the blueprint, charging you more...... to get more diamond purchases from their players.

This is a Garbage Change. Way to suck every last penny out of your players. VERY DISAPPOINTING, feels like we just got a bunch of Doggy Doo in our stockings, and that Scrouge and the Grinch paired up for this stinky update....

edeba

And so the revolt continues:

Friend: sorry guys I dont think I'm going to continue doing the tourney, I am not buying diamonds to upgrade, so I dont see a way forward in the new year. If you need my spot feel free to take it.

Me: You will still get 11 restoration spells per tourney, and we do not yet know if there will be other opportunities to earn more.

Friend: not worth the effort IMHO

So, the thing that I said would really bother me, having friends quit, is happening over this, and you haven't even gotten to live

I really get that. By my calculations for blue prints I can upgrade all of my magic buildings with them, and not that has been completely trashed.

cpickett76

While I find the ratio very disappointing, I think the minimum fix is to make Magic buildings a fixed 10 RR cost to upgrade. I only have the one we got for free, but I can't see how this change is fair to your heavily spending customers. The ability to upgrade event buildings will never even come close to what they are losing.

It isn't fair to people who pay for magic buildings and do 10 chest tournaments because after chapter 7 you will no longer get one free upgrade per tournament. If there is some reason the cost can't be fixed at 10 RR to upgrade, why not keep the number of RRs per tournament the same but give diamonds as a 10th chest prize to offset the difference?

Heymrdiedier

How about we keep the blueprints ingame, and those are still only usable for magic buildings. And from now on you can craft a BP in the magic academy at the cost of 10 RR spells. Think this might be an easier solution with less programming.

DeletedUser2587

What if Inno would have released Royal Restoration Spell without touching the Blueprints. That could have been a solution?

Then at least all players would still have their blueprints that they can use for their premium buildings.

And we could get new restoration spells on top that you can use for event buildings and premium buildings. Then they could just slowly phased out the blue prints and people would have a chance to use them.

Obviously then there would be no conversions required and people would keep their original value of Blueprints, that they can use for their premium buildings. Could possibly save a lot of headaches?

Potvorisko

I´m really happy, that the royal restoration spell finally comes,I also like the per square system costs, but

I dont agree to get only 10 RR for one blueprint, if that means, that magic workshops and residences will be upgraded under same conditions as event buildings. If the price for magic residences and workshops stays constant 10 RR/lvl it could be acceptable.

In my point of view, the magic residences are weaker and weaker since their size grows, but effect is lower in comparison to some small event pop-cultural buildings. I guess, it would be advantageous to level up the buildings of size 6-8 squares better than magic residences. Here on beta, I have just one, but on live, I have 5 and if there will not come some really profitable change with new guest rase I wondering to put them down in favor of the muschroom forest or the glorious arch of thriumph or some events sets...so my conclusion is: RR welcome, magic residences Goodbye.

Alcaro

How about we keep the blueprints ingame, and those are still only usable for magic buildings. And from now on you can craft a BP in the magic academy at the cost of 10 RR spells. Think this might be an easier solution with less programming.
I totally like this solution and find it fair to everyone.

On the other hand, I didn't find an opinion on upgrading event buildings - if we can upgrade them, why we would even want to get another one from a new event? Until now, we were hunting through events to find a better replacement for old buildings, more suitable for our needs. Having the possibility to upgrade the one we already have (or crafted) makes the new event buildings less desirable. Am I missing something here? ... At a second thought, is it possible that upgrades of event buildings which can be found in other new events, might not get the same values like the new ones?

DeletedUser

Hello, for my part, I am very happy with this system :)
it allows FINALLY small fellowships and small players to obtain spells ...
without necessarily being forced to make the 10 chests in tournament ...
Thank you devs :) :)

EQUALITY FOR ALL !!!!!

Alcaro

EQUALITY FOR ALL !!!!!

Congratz for being a selfish player.
If you bothered to read the comments in this thread, maybe you would have notice that actually this isn't "Equality for all" in any circumstances.
And Fellowships, small or big, aren't forced to do anything. To get 10 chests in a tournament it's a matter of cohesion, to bother to learn how this game works so that you can get all chests, instead of being laid back and complaining of "isn't possible for small FSs to get 10 chests".

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It's just the opposite ... it's the "obsessed" of the 10th chest who are selfish ...

this novelty allows EVERYONE to get spells ... and that's a good thing

palmira

Reading all the reactions it is clear that Inno decided to alienate the big, spending players in favour of the small, non spending players. I can't understand the business plan of a company that decides it does not need paying customers just freebies but is their decision, it is their right to do so. And our right to take our money elsewhere, of course

DeletedUser2632

It's just the opposite ... it's the "obsessed" of the 10th chest who are selfish ...

this novelty allows EVERYONE to get spells ... and that's a good thing

You seem to be obsessed enough with your own issues that you didn't understand what the rest of us are having a problem with, so let me spell it out for you

1 blueprint converted to 10 RR is a big devaluation of what they are currently worth, because while now we can upgrade 1 magic building per blueprint, it will cost much more than 10 RRs to do so with the change. Our suggestion is either give a better conversion rate or make a fixed upgrade cost of 10 RR per magic building

There. If you still don't understand, feel free to ask more questions

CrazyWizard

EQUALITY FOR ALL !!!!!

I read this message as: " I want restoration spells too, but dont expect me to be willing to do anything for it."

aka going dutch.