• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

DeletedUser

I like and dislike the new crafting feature. Here is my list of likes and dislikes

Dislikes:
1. No way to collect the crafted item or view new crafted items that are available if enchantments are being produced early for an event. I added this to a new feature thread, which can be deleted, I didn’t see this thread.

2. As a player who is not in a fellowship, (and having 5 neighbors who are not as well) and a new player in beta, this is not designed for players like me at all. We have very little to disenchant. We are only given cumbersome neighbor visits to gain enchantments to disenchant or wait for events. Currently, I’m using what little relics I have to make enchantments to disenchant to craft relics for my boost??? Use relics to make relics. Opening my map up too big to gain relics is not an option.

My suggestion for this: up until a particular chapter, (let’s say Chapter 5) new players not in Fellowships receive spell fragments with every upgrade of buildings and every research completed. If the building is deleted that was upgraded, then the spell fragments that were gained are deducted.

3. The enchantments one can make with crafting is great for events to finish quests faster, but it’s a bit expensive for a new player. Maybe the cost of crafting can be scaled and based on chapter and relics in inventory? IDK just thinking out loud here.
Example:

Chapter 2 person with less than 200 total relics the cost for Power of provision x2 is 50 spell fragments

Chapter 13 person with 50k relics the cost for the Power of Provision is 5000 spell fragments and 15 catalysts

1. Crafting relics was helpful to me in the event as well as the chapter quest.
2. It’s something new and different and it’s not just making supplies or goods.
3. I can gain relics (and buildings) without opening my map or joining a fellowship.

Heymrdiedier

about your dislike number 2: it might be a good idea to put some fragments in the chests between chapters. However i feel like inno is allready supplying the beginning players with some fragments in other ways. I for one got some free fragments and cataclysts on my live server to get it started, and i believe i see something in the gamefiles that will also give some free fragments.
So maybe thats allready a work in progress

DeletedUser

@Heymrdiedier That’s terrific to hear. It would be a lot nicer to choose to not craft because there isn’t anything one needs versus not being able to craft anything because it’s too expensive or you have no spell fragments. At chapter 2 I’m not expecting to be able to craft all the items that come up but when you can’t even craft one item it becomes frustrating especially when someone upgrades their magic academy to 5.

The only other suggestion is how the timer works and if it turns over before collecting a crafted item. Maybe someone said something about this but it’s a long thread.

If I craft something at 5 hours in and it takes 4 hours to craft. Once its collected, you are not given a new item to craft even though it’s a new time period. It’s more like a 12 hour production versus 4.

SoggyShorts

@Soleil why no FS?
You know you can start your own closed FS of 1 and that will get you tournament t access, right?

Also you can get access to crafting through your inventory, no need to collect spells.

DeletedUser

@SoggyShorts
Yes, I know I can create an fs but with one person it's not really a fellowship. There are a lot of 1 person fellowships probably for the reasons I've listed. It would be nice to see Inno take a different route and add more to the game without having to do that. If I don't create one, as well as others maybe they will. Never know.

At chapter 2 there isn't much of an inventory and then if you totally blow it when to craft a certain item for an event or quest, we don't have the excess to make that again if one is lucky enough to get the same item again in the next time period. Yes this happened to me, but I was lucky enough to get the same item twice in a row and had enough to cover my mistake.

DeletedUser

I thought this was a thread to give feedback on what we are experiencing with the Magic Academy.

@SoggyShorts

Have you actually looked at the fellowship rank page? It is more like 50% of these fellowships that are single person fellowships add that to the people on beta who aren’t in a fellowship at all. Each of these fellowships would be hard pressed to finish a fellowship adventure or get 10 chests in a tournament.

If I can be the voice for these people to make a better game for us, then I will voice all of my concerns and ask for things that may seem silly to you. It doesn’t hurt your game play in any way but maybe it would enhance the game for those of us who choose to play differently than you. Maybe it won't, but if you don't ask then nothing may change.

Perhaps Inno can come up with the King’s Exclusive or Queens Exclusive for a group of one with access to tournaments or something super brand new and cool. Yeah!

Dony

King of Bugs
playing this game regularly will fix all your problems, devs will never balance game for chapter 2 players (like world map fighting)
just play for few more months/years

SoggyShorts

@Soleil
You mentioned that you can't get enough relics because you aren't in a FS. That's pretty silly because you can fix it yourself with a couple of clicks
A FS of one works perfectly well for getting relics from the tournament.
There is absolutely zero reason to not be in a FS, so there is zero reason for the devs to cater to players not in a FS.

Lovec Krys

Even players in the single person FS can get enough relics if they're not lazy to do tournaments.
Players without FS has 2 options:
Join or create FS and do activelly tournaments (it doesn't matter if it's single person or normal FS) and have enough relics.
Don't do activelly tournaments (it doesn't matter if one is in FS or without FS) and don't have enough relics.

Karvest

10-chest FS gives only 20 additional relics to 180 (10 6* provinces, 1.6k points, average 10 chest FS member tourney score) - 350 (5k points that I do in tournaments for the relics I need to craft MM) personal relics from tourney. 10 chests is noticeable, but not overpowered addition to the relics income.

Dony

King of Bugs
i dont think anyone is talking about 10-chest FS, you dont need to get even 1 chest to get plenty of relics in tournament from provinces

DeletedUser

When I first started playing this game, it was veteran players telling me (or more like screaming at me) that I cannot have non-boosted manufactories. It is not how the game was intended to be played. Look how that’s changed.

Inno just implemented something so new and fresh, with the ability to craft. It needs a little tweaking but heydiedier already said something is in the works to help out lower chapter players. In taking the time to read more pages of this thread, Marindor also stated they are trying to cater to all players no matter what stage they are at in the game. My feedback for the magic academy for a chapter 2 player is where this all started. That as a chapter 2 player, I’m having to use up what little relics I have to craft stuff to disenchant to be able to make the relics I need. This is a bit odd to have to use up relics to craft relics because it is easy to run short of spell fragments because there is hardly anything to disenchant.

Now I’m being told that Inno will do absolutely nothing for those of us who don’t want to be in a fellowship or that there is no other option other than creating a 1 person fellowship or joining one to gain a few more relics. I will stick around to see if that changes as well. Maybe we’ll be able to craft relics with goods later or maybe all of our cities at some point can trade relics, extra goods, etc but whatever the case I don’t believe I am SOL because I don’t create a one person fellowship. It already has changed a little with the ability to craft relics, broken shards and instants in the Magic Academy.

There have been a lot of good changes since I last played and I have faith Inno will continue to make things even better for this wonderful little game.

Dony

King of Bugs
When I first started playing this game, it was veteran players telling me (or more like screaming at me) that I cannot have non-boosted manufactories. It is not how the game was intended to be played. Look how that’s changed.
that didnt changed at all, you only need boosted manufactories all the time

DeletedUser

@Dony

Sure it changed, before if I put in planks and marble manufacturies in my city I was screamed at. Why do you have both of these in your city now? certainly not because you're getting boosts in both planks and marble. It’s because the game changed and now you need a non-boosted T1 manufactory to create your boosted sentient good.

As far as fellowships go with the tournaments, I think you guys are missing my point. A one person fellowship would be hard pressed to get 10 chests in a tournament if it’s even possible at all. Fellowships were designed so that 25 people working together could strive to get those 10 chests or strive to complete the fellowship adventures. They weren’t really designed for one person to get a few relics to be able to progress in the game. Yes, I know I can create one and yes if there is absolutely no other option on the horizon then it’s something I will do. But for now, my feedback IS as a player who is not in a fellowship.

Dony

King of Bugs
I had non-boosted only first few days when i started playing Elvenar, then i have read whole wiki, made my own fellowship, deleted non-boosted manufactories until devs gave me another boosted manufactories, then i have build them and used them, if we end up with 9 boosted types i have no problem with that, it doesnt matter if the game changed or not, its evolving process where my gameplay is based on the result of that process.
A one person fellowship would be hard pressed to get 10 chests in a tournament if it’s even possible at all.
you should really talk about this with your archmage :)

you asking from devs something which is already in the game, you just dont want to use it
social aspect is a big part of this game

SoggyShorts

You have yet to give a reason for NOT having a FS of 1. Perhaps if you come up with one we can understand you.

Btw you are dead wrong about the non-boosted.
Getting a 4th boost and building that factory is NOT building non-boosted. Pretty simple.