• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Dead floaters

DeletedUser2579

:supply: floater

Some are live others take reloading to be active, hence dead.

Just looked, one was live, the other dead. What makes some cease functioning?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @lehayes I'm not quite sure I understand the problem you are having. Could you explain a little more please? It would help us if you could use the template for reporting bugs, found here

DeletedUser2579

Thread name - the summary of your issue

Game version: 1.68
HTML5 Yes/No: Y
Game world: zz1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 63
Flash Player version: ?
Operating System: Win 10
Screen resolution: 1600x900
Account name: LEHayes
Humans or Elves: E

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
Supplies :supply: don't register when clicked to release them into the game's (produced) accounting. It never happens to all of the supply sources at the same time. The error is that once clicked they pop, but the floating supply symbol returns and the hover information still says finished and there's no way to release the supplies save reloading the page where they usually function normally.

As a side note, reloading will not eliminate the chance that the supplies will not be released but it does reset the unaccessible condition.

Expected situation:
That all floating resources :coin::supply::marble::steel::plank::silk::crystal::scroll::elixir::magicdust: or :gem: are received when clicked on.

Reproduction Steps
1. Leave the tab running the game.
2. return later to collect the produced supplies
3. once their timers run down, click on the floating supply symbol

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

That's the same old timers issue again. When running for a long time and spend some time out of main city window (not sure if it map/tech tree/provinces or even some modal dialogs like ranking list) local timers become out of sync with server, you see production ready, try to gather it and then building is stuck until serverside production is finished (and some server request after that) or you reload the game.
Seen this once yesterday (Flash client). After reload there were like 10 minutes of production left. OR may be that was some one-time serverside issue with time adjustment or some timers freeze.

DeletedUser2579

Server side is up to date, that's why reload works. Probably needs a comm back to server side when clock client side expires. Just a guess though.

Didn't know you had a name for it. Is there a re-sync button you can add?

Does anyone on phones have that issue? If they do, then re-sync may not fix.

If they don't need it, you already have the error screen, can't get instant updates, reconnect?
or something like that...

...or maybe they can untie the timers from an active or currently viewing browser tab. if not why can't the expiring timer call the server for full update?

DeletedUser2579

Just eliminated being away since last reload as a cause, you have to reload dead floaters 'cause right after reload they died.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks lehayes, as Karvest mentioned above, this issue has been around for some time. Unfortunately so far we are unable to reproduce it consistently or to find the steps to do so.

DeletedUser2579

New wrinkle, My workshop won't release my supplies even after reload. My Manuf, Culture, and Supply magic is on. 4 of 6 worked fine. I think the only issue is a disconnect between the server and the browser. The browser sees the good released, the server doesn't; when it reloads now, the timer trigger (clock reaching 0) is not resetting.

DeletedUser2579

Now it's reset

They should see what happened between the two times of these posts to see what reset them and use that to fix it

Worst part is, now my 4 work shops have to loose half a loaf of bread. Now I need to set an alarm for 15 min twice. That sucks!

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi leyhayes, so far we have been unable to reproduce any of these issues. It seems likely it is as Karvest says:
local timers become out of sync with server, you see production ready, try to gather it and then building is stuck until serverside production is finished (and some server request after that) or you reload the game.

For now we will set this thread to Cannot Reproduce

DeletedUser2579

Thanks lehayes, as Karvest mentioned above, this issue has been around for some time. Unfortunately so far we are unable to reproduce it consistently or to find the steps to do so.

I would love to help, does this mean it's a dead matter?

Could the timers ask for a server side update, or is that too much traffic?

Just trying to eliminate the problem(malfunction) without finding the background problem(cause)...

mostly because there's a gaping hole (from a programmer's standpoint how does it all function) in my education about the internet. I speak Fortran, cobol, Pascal (best lang yet), algol and basic. Learned Html and Css, trying to understand obtaining data from forms using Php, my next Lang

DeletedUser2003

@lehayes I'm not sure if your issue is the same as one I see all the time (I use Firefox/Flash, Beta and 3 Live Worlds, all US servers), but when I see what I have always called "frozen" goods, supplies, or troops, I "pick up" the building as if I am going to move it somewhere else, then put it right back down and the product "unfreezes" and can then be collected like normal. I don't know if this will help you out or not, but I hope it does! I find it easier than refreshing my game :)