• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

palmira

Just one question: after we build all surplus buildings for the needed prestige and upgrade the 8 golds and 4 traps to lvl 4 (zero prestige resulting I may add) we can destroy the pillars,palms and temples to have some space for the adventures, right?

Jaxom

Very good to know. I should be putting up first temple tomorrow getting things all up to level 3.

DeletedUser1584

I have finish with the amuni. And i want to know what come after. A new race invited ? After the next race invited, somebody told me the game will change a little bit.

Lovec Krys

Assuming new race comes approximatelly each 6 months, next guest race should come in february. Until then, you can level your wonders, do turneys, events, ....

Heymrdiedier

I have finish with the amuni. And i want to know what come after. A new race invited ? After the next race invited, somebody told me the game will change a little bit.
You never know whats coming, maybe we get usable blueprints before the next guestrace. Or the possibility to have more then 10 broken runeshards. Maybe some new spells for the magic academy, maybe an overhaul of the quest systems.
Many options of things that can come before next guestrace, only time can tell

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

Well I look forward to it. (I'm still in Halfings), but waiting several months means increasing wonder levels without researching more mandatory squad size upgrades. So the only things making tourneys harder during this time are Inno's changes.

DeletedUser724

Thank you for your answer. Wainting february is very hard.

yes, very boring

I suggest dele all buildings and re-build from ground
then
you will not boring as u have a lot of works to do with tech at amuni ..but start from...

edeba

I did not like how the workshops increased in size, from 21 to 24 squares. I have the magic workshops and so I did not need the extra supplies so I did not even bother to upgrade. I did not want less workshops and I did not want to devote more space to workshops.

Dony

King of Bugs
just delete them, i have only 3 workshops on beta not upgraded and my supplies capacity is full all the time

Deleted User - 60107

Some feedback:
1) In regards to https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...of-the-dunes-when-prestige-is-negative.11560/ : This. Is. Stupid. You can upgrade a Residence even if your Population is negative. By the same logic you should be able to upgrade the Temple of Dunes even when Prestige is negative - since Prestige is basically the Amuni equivalent of Population.
2) Overall the Amuni is one of the most BORING guest races. At least in Orcs we could speed things up a bit by building extra Mushroom Farms. Here that's not an option because Prestige is limited. The only real challenge is space because of how big Goldsmiths and Trap Makers are, and because they need to be next to Residence/Workshop. But once you have built the required number of guest race buildings (and have prepared the space for the Temple and its extra buildings) you just produce, and produce, and produce... and occasionally you get to do something, such as research a technology or upgrade a building. Then we go back to slowly producing stuff.

Because of the limited Prestige and the story quest requierments there's very little difference between different player's cities (just like In Sorcerers and Dragons there are only a few ways to build the settlement). I have two cities in Amuni - one is almost done, the other is in the second half of the tech tree. So far this race feels like a repeat of S&D, but with even more limitations and quests that are even more draining on resources (I didn't need 50 Divine Streets, or 8 Goldsmiths at level 4, but alas, both are required by the story quests).

SoggyShorts

@shadowblack I agree completely, except with the S&D comparison: While your layout and building options were equally limited, at least in S&D you had to think a little bit about what to produce and which settlement to upgrade first. Amuni is an absolute no-brainer from start to finish.

SoggyShorts

Easy solution: Don't do the story quests. I've been skipping them since elves.
Indeed the obvious way to avoid parts of the game you don't like is to just not do them.
For feedback purposes, though this doesn't help at all.

If you have been skipping the storyline quests since chapter 9, the developers need to know why, and what can be done to make them rewarding/interesting enough for you to do them. This is a beta server: if we aren't trying to help shape the game, why are we here?

Lovec Krys

Indeed the obvious way to avoid parts of the game you don't like is to just not do them.
For feedback purposes, though this doesn't help at all.

If you have been skipping the storyline quests since chapter 9, the developers need to know why, and what can be done to make them rewarding/interesting enough for you to do them. This is a beta server: if we aren't trying to help shape the game, why are we here?
When I was doing elves I didn't have enough space to place enough elven manufactories in my city after building enough willows for mana supply (altough later I got enough space and could have done the quest for having number of elven manufactories, it was too late for me to care - I don't remember which quest I stopped at.

In S&D chapter I remember stopping at quest which required to make basic S&D resources which I didn't need, because all of my faculties were already upgraded to maximum.

In Halfings I stopped at quest which wants to build Grape farm, which I don't intend to build - I don't have space for it and I don't need it, besides 12000 mana(reward) I can get from using 4 spells (Dragon Abbey lv 6) or 2 festival traders daily mana production.

I simply don't do quests which doesn't give diamonds and wants from me either to build more race buildings than I have space for (with an exaggeration I realy don't intend to destroy half of my city just to complete some quests), or build some building which I would immediately destroy after completing the quest or produce race resources which I don't need (like in S&D chapter)
The only story quests I do are those which are completed while I do my things in the current chapter (most time I no longer even read those quests) and of course those, which gives diamonds. The rest I finish or decline at the begining of next chapter.

SoggyShorts

Nice, much better information. I've seen other players complain about those same quest issues as well.
  • Quests that require you to build a culture item you just don't want. (adding an "or pay xxxx" as a possible fix?)
  • Quests that ask you to produce guest race goods that you no longer need (adding an "or have x level y" would fix)
The only story quests I do are those which are completed while I do my things in the current chapter (most time I no longer even read those quests) and of course those, which gives diamonds.
Are diamonds the only possible worthy incentive? Would you complete quests that gave event-like buildings? Spell fragments? Big KP packs?

I think the way that the devs implemented declining quests was a HUGE mistake. Players should not be allowed to skip all of the hard quests and just do the ones for diamonds. There is currently no incentive to do every quest, and that's just wrong.

Lovec Krys

Are diamonds the only possible worthy incentive? Would you complete quests that gave event-like buildings? Spell fragments? Big KP packs?
Maybe, would depend on the reward and on the quest itself.

I think the way that the devs implemented declining quests was a HUGE mistake. Players should not be allowed to skip all of the hard quests and just do the ones for diamonds. There is currently no incentive to do every quest, and that's just wrong.
If it was not implemented, I would have ended the same way as many others before this implementation - being stuck at undeclinable quest several chapters below, despite diamond rewards.

I already know that in elemental chapter it will be the same. I won't complete the quests.
Even if i decide to build Marble to higher level than 20 (depends if I'll be able to finish chapter with just one T4 at lv 20 or not), minimum quest requirements for settlement will stop me.
They require 20 expansions and I already use less space for settlement, that will go even lower in Elementals chapter - I prefer doing chapter longer than lowering my tournament score. Even with that, I still expect to hit the end of research tree during the race which comes after Amuni, so It's not a big deal for me to do chapter little longer.

SoggyShorts

If it was not implemented, I would ended the same way as many others before this implementation - being stuck at undeclinable quest several chapters below, despite diamond rewards.

The original complaint that needed fixing was that some players were several chapters behind in the questline and would never catch up. I don't think it was the developer's intention to allow players to continue skipping the questline going forwards.
They could easily have allowed declining the whole chapter. This way you wouldn't be "several chapters behind",
Getting the diamonds every chapter for free isn't fair at all.

Besides, it clearly didn't work, did it? You are still quitting the questline every single chapter and are planning to keep on doing so.