• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion HTML5

Dony

King of Bugs
COPYING TEXT FROM MESSAGES
Curious how to copy and paste messages?
Open a message, left click the text, then right click.
Select Settings then click on Close (clicking once or twice).
When Settings pop up screen closes, your text is highlighted.
If text is not highlighted, repeat the above steps but quicker.
Press Ctrl-C to copy the text. Then just press Ctrl-V to paste the text.
This helps copy links quicker than manually typing all the characters.​
that is true for flash, i dont think that works for HTML5

DeletedUser1163

that is true for flash, i dont think that works for HTML5
You're right Dony. I forgot to check my settings and, lo and behold, I had HTML5 activated. I'll delete my previous message. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2591

Okay my two cents (tuppence) ..... HMTL5 apart from the log getting in the way didnt seem much different to the older versions..... as for being able to use "smart" keys ..... well to be honest I am not smart. Remains and interesting BUT SLOW GAME..... without pushing to much that needs to be sorted some how......

Marindor

Hi everyone! First of all, thank you once again for all your feedback. In improving the game, we'd like to specifically ask you the following questions in case you experience any slowness/lags compared to the Flash version:
  • Are there any particular screens or modules of the game where you feel everything is a lot slower?
  • Special loading screens that take longer?
  • Do you get any error messages? If so, which ones and do you have screenshots you can share?
Thank you for your help on improving Elvenar!

Dony

King of Bugs
usualy this
radeon x1300/x1550
3d.png

Deleted User - 60107

This screen:
Elvenar load.png

Sometimes the game gets stuck at 15/24, sometimes at 17/24, sometimes at some other point, and sometimes the game loads fine, without getting stuck at all. I've noticed that the game is more likely to get stuck if I switch tabs while waiting for the game to load, but even if I don't switch tabs and remain focused on thw game's tab the entire time the game might still get stuck (it's just a bit less likely). Usually one reload is enough to fix the issue.

Also, oftentimes the game feels rather slow if I start collecting from multiple buildings right after I log in.

And last, today the Research menu is rather slow to load compared to yestarday.

DeletedUser1163

I receive out of memory messages constantly when I activate HTML5. Also when in battle, the game will freeze and I have to refresh to return to the battle screen. When the game resumes, the units are slower than normal. Maybe they're just tired of fighting all day.

Cannot copy text from messages if I'm using HTML5.

DeletedUser1163

I'll have to check and see if I have copies from when I contacted Support. If not, I'll have to do something that my laptop doesn't like... activate HTML5.
I'll send you a pic of Out of Memory error messages when they happen again, and they will.

ekarat

Accepting a trade from the trader seems surprisingly slow.

However, that may be due to memory bloat after it has been open a while. I do have to kill the process and log in from scratch to reduce the bloat. In Chrome, it seems to be hogging gigs of memory, growing over time.

In general, though, I want to encourage moving away from flash and tweaking HTML5 to work as well as flash.

Richord

yeah, html has to work much faster very soon, because accepting flash every time before logging in is becoming very irritating.

DeletedUser

yeah, html has to work much faster very soon, because accepting flash every time before logging in is becoming very irritating.
There is a workaround but this requires a registry fix:

Please close Chrome ※ Copy in advance the address to allow Flash (https://zz1.elvenar.com/game)
  1. Start Registry Editor and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Google \ Chrome \ PluginsAllowedForUrls
  2. If Google is not under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies, create a key in order of "Google" -> "Chrome" -> "PluginsAllowedForUrls"
  3. Create "string value" in PluginsAllowedForUrls, change "name" to "1", paste the URL you want to allow Flash to "data"
  4. If you want to allow more than two, repeat the same work, but at this time increment "name" in order and do not overlap 2 or 3
  5. Close Registry Editor
  6. Open Chrome and open the website where Flash permission settings were made and confirm
It should look something like this :
upload_2018-12-20_17-13-54.png

Saribar

Tried HTML5 again today after I got the popup at start that FLASH will die.After reloading the game I got the expected result: it is incredible slow.
Example: when I move the mousecursor it is jumping from position to position instead of moving smoothly.

Granted, my system is older:
CPU: i5-3450 @3.10 GHz
MEM: 16GB
System: Linux Kernel 4.4.104 ( will be updated sometime this year)

but you can't expect everyone to have the latest gaming PC

Dony

King of Bugs
its more based on GPU, players with integrated GPU on MB cant even play HTML5 version in most cases
your CPU is good enough

DeletedUser2587

Tried HTML5 again today after I got the popup at start that FLASH will die.After reloading the game I got the expected result: it is incredible slow.
Example: when I move the mousecursor it is jumping from position to position instead of moving smoothly.

Your biggest issue or the games biggest issue, however you want to see it, is Linux.

Heymrdiedier

what browser do you use, and did it have many tabs open? apperently html5 is bad with garbage collection, so it becomes very slow when you have many tabs open.
I always have many tabs open so i never use html5 after ive been told that :)

Saribar

Your biggest issue or the games biggest issue, however you want to see it, is Linux.

Grin, anything that does NOT run under Linux is not worthwhile for me. If all else failes, I can play Elvenar on my tablet but I prefer the bigger display on my PC.

Saribar

what browser do you use, and did it have many tabs open? apperently html5 is bad with garbage collection, so it becomes very slow when you have many tabs open.
I always have many tabs open so i never use html5 after ive been told that :)

Up to now I use chromium as that has Flash-support included.
With HTML5 I could use Firefox as well but there I have even more open tabs than on chromium.

Hmm, will install Opera and try again

Lovec Krys

apperently html5 is bad with garbage collection
Yeah, I can confirm. Everytime I do more than 30 provinces during single round, game goes from normal state to very slow state and if I try to clean 1 or 2 more provinces in this state, game crashes with Out of Memory.