• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Harvest Festival

DeletedUser2526

I loved this, playing on both Beta and Live... BUT without the MOBILE APP working I was so frustrated...cest la vie i guess

DeletedUser1681

Liked it - though not so many of the buildings that I got will end up replacing last years. As always I have a feeling that I was saving my "chips" when I should have used them, the buildings that made a reappearance towards the end were not quite what I had hoped for.

And the event ended as always - I had 27 whatever left and I was wondering if I could collect enough to make it 50 and open yet one more whateveritwas... I did, but I was hanging online waiting for those 1 - 2 last ones for so long that I got thoroughly fed up with the event. :p

DeletedUser

Worst event ever. :( Yes there where a lot of new buildings but none of them really great. The sets are nice but hard to get, I think 2 sets at once was too much. The first set building on day 2 came to quick, if you didn't get it that set was ruined. Second set is also hard to get complete without doing double sun flares days and not going for any other building.

SoggyShorts

Worst event ever. :( Yes there where a lot of new buildings but none of them really great. The sets are nice but hard to get, I think 2 sets at once was too much. The first set building on day 2 came to quick, if you didn't get it that set was ruined. Second set is also hard to get complete without doing double sun flares days and not going for any other building.
The side pieces of the harvest set weren't important at all, unless for some reason you really need broken rune shards.
With the use of double days and just the Harvest storage, Temple entrance, and either shrine of kirik or krarak you could increase your T1,T2, and T3 production by more than adding another factory of each would. Hugely powerful for just partial sets, and very doable imo. For someone with your 4:4:4 set up the increase would be around 30%! That makes these sets by far the most powerful event prizes ever offered, including the original winter stars.

edeba

Totally agree, these sets are highly beneficial, and being one piece short for each of them is essentially nothing compared to their power. I just sold a t3 today because of the set. I missed a piece for each set, but totally thrilled with what I got.

The side pieces of the harvest set weren't important at all, unless for some reason you really need broken rune shards.
With the use of double days and just the Harvest storage, Temple entrance, and either shrine of kirik or krarak you could increase your T1,T2, and T3 production by more than adding another factory of each would. Hugely powerful for just partial sets, and very doable imo. For someone with your 4:4:4 set up the increase would be around 30%! That makes these sets by far the most powerful event prizes ever offered, including the original winter stars.

CrazyWizard

Totally agree, these sets are highly beneficial, and being one piece short for each of them is essentially nothing compared to their power. I just sold a t3 today because of the set. I missed a piece for each set, but totally thrilled with what I got.

I beg to differ, Ok it depends on what you want from the set.
We noticed this set was ready for (a)buse. and we planned accordingly.
Any set beyond that of the basic set production can't be achieved without the both side buildings.
upload_2018-10-17_16-55-6.png

This set yields 291K T1 + the bugged bunus that no one seemed to have reported yet. and I haven't reported it since I dont need beta diamonds.
I rather have a true beta player grab the diamonds.

SoggyShorts

@CrazyWizard your set is awesome! It has 13 dailies which is a little above average though.
I think what @edeba and I were saying is that even a tiny fraction of your set is still very good, so the unlucky or more casual player was still able to get something nice this event from sets.
. I just sold a t3 today because of the set.
And selling a T3 means you could sell 2 residences a workshop, and some culture! This event was fantastic.

edeba

For sure, I was just pointing out that if you didn't get the kp from a building, it wasn't significant compared to all of the goods you could get, and wow, nicely done with the thinking out of the box.

And just looking at this again, I was referring to being short one piece, so you don't get a shard or a kp, and many of the pieces in this design aren't getting that last piece and are essentially short one piece.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard your set is awesome! It has 13 dailies which is a little above average though.

That's why I bought the moon mirror. To improve the odds in my favour. Also had plans for smaller designs if things went awry. So far everything looks fine.

This is the reason I got exited about this event. Many in my guild followed suit with a similar design.

Heymrdiedier

about those portal refill spells, on which guestrace would you guys use it most?

ive done some calculations and this is what i come up with since orcs:
orcs need 5 times full portal capacity
woodelves need 3 times full portal capacity
wizards need 7 times full portal capacity
halflings need 4,5 times full portal capacity
elementals need 7,5 times full portal capacity
amuni need 8,5 times full portal capacity
GR9 need 8,5 times full portal capacity

I cant decide if i want to race to end tech as fast as possible, if its better to use the portal boosts on the capters that need alot of race goods, or to use them on those who dont need much. (say you manage to get 1000% boosts, so 10 times full portal, what to use it on...)

edeba

Just counting... Looks like 12 (long, long, long, long overdue) restoration spells for upgrading the t1 pieces...

I beg to differ, Ok it depends on what you want from the set.
We noticed this set was ready for (a)buse. and we planned accordingly.
Any set beyond that of the basic set production can't be achieved without the both side buildings.
View attachment 4780
This set yields 291K T1 + the bugged bunus that no one seemed to have reported yet. and I haven't reported it since I dont need beta diamonds.
I rather have a true beta player grab the diamonds.

CrazyWizard

Just counting... Looks like 12 (long, long, long, long overdue) restoration spells for upgrading the t1 pieces...
upload_2018-10-20_12-0-5.png

You ment these? I got plenty but will never waste them on this set.
Why would I?

I get 71!!! lvl27 marble factory 3 hour productions from this set. and my marble factories produce with a 844% production boost. so more if your boost is lower.

71 productions. lets say a very active player get 6 3h productions worth of goods out of his factories.

71/6= almost 12 marble factories worth.
space = 5 factories and no need for workers/culture ect. that eats up more space.

The next marble factory upgrade is at chapter 15. 14 doesnt event exist yet.
When that happens als long as this set stay's above the production of 5 lvl 31 marble factories it's still beyond awesome. (since it doesnt need workers ect)

So for the next 2-3 years there is not a single reason to use any restoration spells on this set. there is simply no need for it.
and by the time the production gets to low, you simply destroy it and build normal factories again. the hassle of a kazzillion restoration spells to fix it is just not worth it.

Last edited:

edeba

Yeah, when I looked at what I'd consider upgrading, and then how many chapters, well, it helped me to choose items to delete because I was going to need way more spells then I have or could earn...

I got plenty of glossy/glacial garden awaiting some restoration :D
Think I am still 26 of them short to fully upgrade my town

Lovec Krys

Yeah, when I looked at what I'd consider upgrading, and then how many chapters, well, it helped me to choose items to delete because I was going to need way more spells then I have or could earn...
That's why I didn't plan to upgrade event buildings from start. Because it would end exactly like that.