• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion HTML5

DeletedUser

The first picture is a flash version from the French server the second is Beta

NO !!!!! it is the Béta server ... AMUNIS is not in Live !!!!!!

2jo5.png

and this also !!!!!!!

sr6h.png

DeletedUser2326

It's very important to most that we be able to see the entire city name, since players put their NH preferences there. In the live worlds, if one points the mouse to the city name, it will show you all of it. HTML is not doing that. Fix please.

DeletedUser1163

I'm beginning to hate it when we get an upgrade for our PCs, games, etc. There always seems to be bugs and problems doing what we were used to.I would like the copy & paste feature back also. And it would be nice to see the names of the guild in their description. Right now there's just ------. It's like we've taken one step forward, two steps back. I don't think my laptop likes HTML. I constantly receive "out of memory" messages.

salandrine

I am not allowed to post a larger size of the picture. I will send it to the support, maybe that will work.

DeletedUser1163

I got the HTML5 running fine, and while the big orange 5 is a bit distracting, I can work around that. The issue I am having is now the link to the forums won't work correctly. It used to pop up and I could see the whole pop up and the game in the background would kind of freeze. When I tried it today to find out about the the #5 in the corner, only half the pop up is visible, and the entire screen freezes up to where I can't click on anything except the X in the corner to close the window. I tried taking a screen shot, but the popup box doesn't show up in the picture.....PS. I tried posting this in the Bug Reporting section, but there was no place for me to start a post.
I downloaded an app called a "Snipping Tool." I am able to draw with it to form a box around the screen I want to copy. Then I save it to the pictures folder in JPG format. I don't like taking screenshots because the picture is too small. Try getting the tool I suggested. I've not had any problems with it. I basically just use it to snip something I want to save to my laptop.

DeletedUser1163

Ever since I switched over to HTML5, I've experienced these problems.
When I manually battle, the battle screen flickers when the units attack.
Constantly see "Out of Memory" messages.
What is really annoying and may be hurting my eyes besides the flickering on the battle screen, is the text in the game now is very, very small.
I did not experience these problems with Adobe Flash Player, which is integrated into Windows 10. I am using Opera as my browser.
Please let the game devs know of these problems using HTML5.

P.S. Just saw a report on the news about eye doctors finding nearsightedness is occurring more now in young children. Remember to take breaks when playing or working on your computer, Ipad, etc. Ophthalmologists suggest 20 minute breaks to rest your eyes and focus on objects not near. The news report really freaked me out when the doctor said nearsightedness can lead to macular degeneration . Your cornea can change shape, detach from the retina and is the leading cause of vision loss. OMG!

Makes you wonder if console games that you play on your TV are better for your eyes because you’re further away from the screen. But that too has to be in moderation because you don’t want an image to burn into your retina. One time I didn’t realize I had played Tomb Raider over 6 hours straight (time flies when you’re having fun) and when I closed my eyes to go to sleep, I could see an image darting back and forth of Lara running. I stayed away from the game for a few days to let my eyes go back to normal.

So my fellow Elvenar players, when using your computer, take breaks to rest your eyes every 20 minutes.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2314

I can't log in with HTML, it gets stuck on 18/24. When I try with Flash in Internet Explorer, it works fine.

beta.jpg

DeletedUser1163

@Martha Bunker That happened to me too. The event quests stopped and when I tried to login again, the game was only loading half way. I contacted support for them to let the game devs know of this problem. Don't you know these problems happened on the weekend so I figured I wouldn't be able to play Elvenar for two days but someone was working overtime because the next day, all the problems were fixed. Well, except the problem of constantly receiving "Out of Memory" messages.

DeletedUser1163

The game devs have not addressed the problems I am experiencing using HTML5 so I’ve had to deactivate it because it is having a negative impact on my laptop and my eyes. Now that I’m using Adobe Flash Player again, the battle screen does not flicker anymore, there are no more “Out of Memory” messages appearing, I can copy and paste, and I can see again to read the text.

If I see I am still having problems in the live worlds, I may have to deactivate HTML5 there also.

DeletedUser1767

I'm sporadically having problems getting into the game. After 15/24, it stops and says that I need to activate 3D hardware acceleration in my browser (Chrome). But when I look at my settings, hardware accleration is enabled, and when I look at chrome://gpu everything there seems to be activated too, so I can't tell what I should be turning on. Yesterday, I had this happen twice, but the third time I refreshed, it took me to the game as usual. Today, I had to refresh fifteen times and then it let me in. But I didn't do anything differently apart from keep refreshing.

DeletedUser1163

The game devs have not addressed the problems I am experiencing using HTML5 so I’ve had to deactivate it because it is having a negative impact on my laptop and my eyes. Now that I’m using Adobe Flash Player again, the battle screen does not flicker anymore, there are no more “Out of Memory” messages appearing, I can copy and paste, and I can see again to read the text.

Please Elvenar players, let Support and the game devs know if you are experiencing the problems I am using HTML5. So far Support thinks I am the only one with this problem.

My quote from Support was deleted because it is not allowed to quote replies from Support in any forum. This is what Rule 13 states.

DeletedUser1163

I have been an avid fan of FoE and Elvenar for years. Been playing FoE for 6 years, Elvenar for 3 of those years and I have spent a huge amount of diamonds over those years.

Even though I have been playing Elvenar since the game started, I have been made aware that the game devs will not fix the problems I am having using HTML5 if I am the only one having these issues.

I had to deactivate HTML5 because of all the “Out of Memory” messages I am receiving, the battle screen flickers, I cannot copy and paste when sending messages to my fellowship in Elvenar, and the text is too small to read. The game is running perfectly now that HTML5 has been deactivated.

This has roused my concern about the new flash player a lot of us are using, HTML5, so I asked my computer tech what he thought about it. He said HTML5 is good and very bad. Good for mobile users and makes it simpler than ever to include multimedia content on your site. Movies and game graphics can be run in high definition. The Geolocation feature in HTML5 helps track mobile users so content can be personalized for them to match their local surroundings, and its drag and drop feature is very convenient.

HTML5 is also bad because it is being rolled out before it is ready and makes it too easy for hackers to gain access to our mobile devices when we are online. Before activating HTML5 again, I will wait until the year 2020 when Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported. By then all the potential dangers of hackers getting to your personal data on mobile devices hopefully will be prevented.

Karvest

Activating/deactivating html5 for the game have nothing to do with browser html5 support and hackers using it. Unless you have some malicious browser extension targeting specifically elvenar, but idk what such extension would try to do, spend all your KP into someone's AW? Don't see other possible attack vectors...

DeletedUser

Please Elvenar players, let Support and the game devs know if you are experiencing the problems I am using HTML5. So far Support thinks I am the only one with this problem.

My quote from Support was deleted because it is not allowed to quote replies from Support in any forum. This is what Rule 13 states.

Dear Electra,
You are not the only one with problems when using HTML5. See my previous post:

I'm very sorry, but I find HTML5 a big disappointment at the moment.
  • The use of different fonts in the game is messy, some letters and numbers are barely readable
  • The graphics in my city is vague, at least not as sharp as with Flash
  • No indication there is a chest to be found with NH
  • There is a short delay with every command you give
Elvenar looks like an amateurish game from the stone ages now :(.I've switched back to Flash again until this mess is corrected

I still have HTML5 turned off, because the vague Images and the messy barely readable fonts are to big a strain on my eyes. I didn't bother to submit a support ticket because it's all supposed to be "intended", "not reproducible", etc. etc. When Flash is gone, and these problems with HTML5 are not improved, it will be game over for me.

Lushette

Yesterday I was having issues with the Trader not displaying correctly. The tab to place goods for trade was no allowing me to place any trades. On reading the forums I saw where someone had been advised to use html5 as a workaround till its fixed. I therefore turned on html5 which i had previously disabled. When i refreshed my screen i was logged out and no longer able to login. I recieved a message about 3D hardware acceleration needing to be activated. On checking my settings in Chrome i found that hardware acceleration is, indeed activated. I have refreshed dozens of times but I am still unable to login. I hope someone else has a solution to this as its very frustrating. I should note that i am able to login with the mobile app ( which i hate using).