• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion HTML5

DeletedUser2467

Chrome still not working. Opera and Vivaldi work fine. According the test (I don't understand about the parameters they are used) Vivaldi has same score with Opera, while Chrome is the lowest. Maybe they should enable the HTML5 for Vivaldi.
Btw I'm using outdated Windows and 32 bit processor :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2467

All is well now. The game has back in my Chrome, works fine, also no problems during manual fight. Thank you.

Wowwie

(◕‿◕✿) -
which is the lesser of 2 evils java scripting or flash

How to copy n paste in Html5 Inno and Google

Attachments

• elvenar copy npaste.JPG
    elvenar copy npaste.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

@Pangeran I have one laptop running Opera as my browser and my work laptop is running Google Chrome. So far no problems on either when I login to play Elvenar, which I shouldn't be doing on my work laptop. But hey, all work and no play, makes you grumpy all day.

@Jackluyt Thank you for the video explaining the HTML5 change, although it took me a while to watch because I was distracted by watching the Jurassic World Evolution videos that popped up. Dinosaurs... and elves rock!

DeletedUser1163

Oh boy. I noticed we can't copy and paste text from messages anymore if we're using HTML5. Periodically messages are cleared out by Elvenar’s pixies.
I cannot catch them for they are as fast as a breeze. So when messages have been cleared out and our members ask me to send info about our Ancient Wonders or How to Trade, I used to be able to copy and paste from my notes. Now that I'm using HTML5, I can't figure out how to do this anymore. All you can do is copy image or save image but that copies the whole text box. Help!

DeletedUser607

well, copy/paste from elvenar was a weird hack (double click, menu, etc), so I'd like to have a clear system like "rightclick, copy text to clipboard"...

this would really help

DeletedUser1163

I thought not using Adobe flash player anymore and switching over to HTML5 would be better. Maybe it's better for the game but not for our eyes. My eyes are actually hurting from trying to read the small text when completing the story quests. I have to sit with a magnifying glass in hand to read. Changing the zoom in my browser to 125% doesn't work because the game freezes and a message pops up saying Out of Memory.

Please devs, fix the text in the game so we Elvenar players don't have to strain our eyes trying to read. Also, how do we contact Support and how can I copy and paste messages to our Message Board? I used to right click to reach out to Support but now when I right click, all I see is "Save image as," "Copy image" and "Inspect Element."

Deleted User - 86059

I've just double checked myself and support is in the cog wheel under question mark @Electra Firestorm I hope that helps you. I also checked correcting errors and if you use the left right arrows to get to the spelling mistake you can then correct it. Unless I am very mistaken ;)

DeletedUser1163

@Scoobydoo I'll look for this cog wheel when I need to contact Support. Hope I can find it. Thank you.

My question was not correcting errors, it was how do I copy and paste messages to the message board. I keep our fellowship up to date with who has Ancient Wonders and Goods by just copying and pasting the message to change it. Now if I want to send them updated messages, I would have to type the whole message from scratch. Also, being able to copy and paste helps copy links quicker than manually typing all the characters.What appears now when you right click is "Save image as," "Copy image" and "Inspect Element." You're not copying text, you're just copying the whole image on the screen. I don't want the whole image, just the text so I can add or change it when I update a message.

This is what I used to be able to do before I switched to HTML5.

COPYING TEXT FROM MESSAGES
Open a message, left click the text; then right click.
Select Settings then click on Close (clicking once or twice).
When Settings pop up screen closes, your text is highlighted.
If text is not highlighted, repeat the above steps but quicker.
Press Ctrl-C to copy the text.
Then just press Ctrl-V to paste the text.

Deleted User - 86059

My apologies @Electra Firestorm just above your post @Wowwie posted this
(◕‿◕✿) -

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; border-radius: 5px;">

File size:
    85.6 KB
    Views:
Last edited: Sunday at 14:24
Not perfect I know but maybe it will help you with your fellowship messages

DeletedUser1163

@Scoobydoo Those instructions allow you to save your file in JPG format. I don't want to do that. I would like to copy the message, like you do if you were to copy a message here on the forum and paste it elsewhere. Looks like with HTML5, we do not have that option anymore to copy and paste messages on the message board in the game.

@Wowwie Do you have instructions for copying a message from the ingame chat board to the ingame chat board in order to update (make changes)? I am using the Opera browser. I keep my fellowship up to date with the additions of Ancient Wonders and goods buildings. I used to be able to copy the ingame message, and paste it to another message with the changes, instead of typing the entire message again.

Avenahar

My apologies @Electra Firestorm just above your post @Wowwie posted this
(◕‿◕✿) -

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; border-radius: 5px;">

File size:
    85.6 KB
    Views:
Last edited: Sunday at 14:24
Not perfect I know but maybe it will help you with your fellowship messages

Excuse me @Scoobydoo , in the first line "Go to Internet Explorer Tools", is a little mistake: HTML5 for Elvenar doesn't run in the Internet Explorer, only in Chrome and Opera as far as I am informed :(
Do you have instructions for these browsers, too?

DeletedUser2467

Beware. When there's a window open, usually if we click anywhere outside the window, it will be closed.
I've already know that since first time using the HTML version, but I didn;t think it's vital.

But today when I open the Event window, to check the content (I didn't want to get the Daily Prize, already have that Moss Pit), without thinking I clicked outside the window to close it.... it didn't close, I knew that, I just forgot about it.

It won't disturbing if it did nothing, but it was registered as clicking the chest.....
It is a bug, isn't it?

Vh0BYXk.jpg

Amd when trying to close Workshop's window...
76nzDXU.jpg

DeletedUser1163

Since I started using HTML5, I am starting to receive "Out of Memory" messages. Does HTML5 have a memory leak that's why I am receiving these messages? I have a laptop designed for games with 1 TB HD space and 8 RAM. Never received these messages when I used Adobe Flash Player. Sounds like HTML5 needs to be worked on.

DeletedUser1163

I've been noticing some rather annoyin' bugs happening in my game since I switched over to HTML5.

1. When you type a message on the Chat Board, the one that drops down (not the message board), you can't go back and type in a missing character. You need to scroll to the end of the message and delete everything you typed up to the point where you want to insert a character. Then you can retype the message. So looks like no typos allowed if you're using HTML5.

2. Some of my troops, mostly my Cerberusus, or is that Cerberai, disappear from the battlefield. Only their numbers display. This happened when I used to use Adobe Flash Player but I fixed it by activating Hardware Acceleration. Where can you turn on Hardware Acceleration in HTML5?

3. Is there sticky Treant sap around our cities because my cursor sometimes gets stuck on the screen and drags the screen all over the place?

4. Unable to copy and paste message text from one message to another, in order to update a message thread.