• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion HTML5

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please find the full announcement HTML5 on Beta here and let us know your experiences. Please note that it's currently only available in Google Chrome and it's a setting which you have to switch on manually. Also please use our bug report section to report any bugs.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1371

Wow, great idea. The change to html5 worked fine for me so far. But: This big orange 5 in the bottom left corner I do not like. Will this stay there? To keep it in the loading screen is a good idea but it is needed ingame, too?

Dony

King of Bugs
i got error while loading game: Stage3D error: Context3D not available
i am not using chrome often is that something i can fix in browser or its game related?
chrom2.png

DeletedUser

How can we see which version the game is using when we switch to HTML5? Right mouse click doesn't work anymore. :eek:

Deleted User - 57237

Quality is worse then the flash version, especially some digits and letters like fs overview and more.
ps. welcome back flash version, my eyes are suffering less now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

@Dony: I had that too when trying to use it with flash under linux. but that was months ago.

regarding the html5-version. I've now tested it on a notebook that I've previously only used for elvenar, when I could not use anything else.
(specs: AMD A4-1200, 2x 1GHz, 4GB RAM, Lubuntu 18.04) - even playing through teamviewer was better than flash.

well, it went from useless to not great but can be used.

So, I see a nice improvement on that.

it's a bit less friendly to touchscreens now (picking up stuff with one finger sliding over the buildings is no longer possible).

DeletedUser2407

Sinds HTML 5 i can't play anymore.
I have IE 11.0 and i have a black screen. The Flash is gone i have HTML in the characteristics

DeletedUser2407

Ok, have you enabled HTML5 in Chrome and then tried with IE or haven't you enabled HTML5 yet?
i do nothing with chrome, only when I have problem with IE to look and this morning i tried to logging and that worked and logged out. Nothing about HTML 5 at that moment.

DeletedUser607

I just tried this website with microsoft edge

https://detectmybrowser.com/

this service detects edge as chrome.

so it could be possible, that your browser detection gets fooled aswell.

EDIT:

user agent string for edge:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134

https://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent/

apparently edge just pumps out userstrings for every major browser, just to make sure, that it gets the website. and that's confusing as hell.

EDIT2: weird: I am using vivaldi as main browser, the "detectmybrowser"-site identifies it as chrome, yet your system does not allow html5 (vivaldi is based on chrome)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.183 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.96.1147.42

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

I was happy to try it. Switched settings and reloaded. Looked good.
Logged out and got back in later. Could NOT collect troops from Dwarven Bulwark and similar buildings.
Logged out and back in. Same problems.
Changed settings to Flash and all is well.

DeletedUser2407

Ok, have you enabled HTML5 in Chrome and then tried with IE or haven't you enabled HTML5 yet?
Marindor I enabled HTML in Chrome then logged out and tried it again with IE but still a black screen. I also have Mozilla and that still works. Only IE has the problem.

Preator

Game version: (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)

This doesn't work for HTML5. Is there an easy way to copy the game version into the clipboard for HTML5?

Marindor

@Preator At the moment not, for now you might want tot make a screenshot of your loading screen for that. We are working on implementing it again :)

DeletedUser1590

Wow this is great news. The best news we've had here for a very long time.

I'm testing using chrominum under linux. So far no issues.