• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Compensation announcement

Ashrem

The contents of your compensation announcement is dreadful. Replacing my eleven beautiful Glossy Gardens with a blue residence falls pretty close to the last thing on earth I want to do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

The contents of your compensation announcement is dreadful. Replacing my eleven beautiful Glossy Gardens with a blue residence falls pretty close to the last thing on earth I want to do.

Then don't do it. Nobody told you you must place it in your city or it gets deleted.

Besides, this is still a beta. And as that we can be happy to get anything at all.

SoggyShorts

@Marindor
Your announcement says we get one Mag res per account, does that mean only the city you log into first will get the building? Or is it 1 per city?

DeletedUser2003

@Marindor
Your announcement says we get one Mag res per account, does that mean only the city you log into first will get the building? Or is it 1 per city?
I know...I am DEFINITELY not Marindor lol :p, but I do hope Marindor's response is the same as Muf-Muf's on the EN Forum:

"The buildings would be granted per world. And, for the Fellowship Adventure, the information I have is "reached stage 3," not "completed." :)

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/rebalancing-of-select-old-event-buildings.7331/page-6

DeletedUser607

To compensate for that, we will give all players who are in Fellowships that reached the third stage of the event a free Phoenix Cult building of your chapter, which gives both Population and Culture.

Um das auszugleichen, erhalten alle Spieler, deren Gemeinschaften die dritte Runde des Events erreicht haben, ein kostenloses Phönixkult Gebäude ihres Kapitels,

so to me that means, that it is sufficient, that the fellowship has REACHED the third round. it does not say "completed".

please confirm.

Calenmir

This is a very kind compensation however, not one I'm sure I can use. I've lost a LOT of culture. The house is nice, but my culture/pop losses were mostly in non-road needing buildings. Now I need to find space for this where a road is available. I don't discount at all the kind replacement, but in order for it to be used, I need to find the space for it.

The spell, will also be welcome, but if it doesn't compensate me fully, it's again not that great of a replacement for the losses we've taken.

This is clearly a double edged sword - so wonderful that Inno realized the hits that we've all taken and are willing to make a peace offering, but the peace offering isn't all that helpful. The spell is still not available and heaven only knows when it will be - still very secretive about that - which makes no sense given they had to KNOW what the reaction would be to the destruction of our event buildings. Further no information has been given at all about how many spells it will take to restore those buildings to the point they were when we got them.

I have to really question the comment: "While this was necessary for the game's future..." Please explain how event buildings were going to affect the future of the game? I believe this is a very valid question. How does the amount of pop/culture become a detriment to the FUTURE OF THE GAME especially when you consider some of the buildings that were affected - like the Unicorns, for instance? This just makes no sense and I believe deserves an answer - how is the downfall of the game dependent on prizes won in events?

CrazyWizard

It's not about the downfall of the game, it's about:

a. Fulfilling a promise
b. Maximizing profits.

When we got the first summer event I was suprised at how good those buildings were, then we got the winter event and I was flabbergasted how much better they were, my first thought was there is no way they can keep up with the improvement of these buildings. fortunatly they too realised this (a bit to late) and adjusted accordingly.
People like myself then came stuck at those original buildings, now 3-4 chapters later. the regular buildings only reached a point where they were on par with the old event buildings.

When the tournament came out the also promised a non-diamond use for the blueprint, considering there other games the logical choice for this was the event buildings. as for example FoE has a similar spell. but they never kept up to there promise.
Rightfully they were terrorrised for not fulfillling there promise, one reason they might nog have did this was exactly those old buildings.

They have now ajusted the buildings so they could now finilly fullfill there promise.

This will also be an alternative source of income, either because some people will use diamonds to improve there event buildings they like to keep. or people will use diamonds to push there guild to the 10th chest. either way it's a win/win scenario.

Unfortunatly the innogames developers arent that bright.
Not only did they push this change before the other systems were ready. which is just dumb.
They claim they could not have pushed the change back but i like to differ. a copy/paste (or putting part of the code in notes so it wont execute) could have simply delayed this untill everything was ready.

I myself would have implemented this a lot differently. If I was the one who had to come up with this fix I would have created a double set of event buildings and made some changes to the "upgrade code".
Essentially the old buildings stayed like they were, only when you upgraded the old building it would switch to the second "new" set of the same buildings with the new stats.
Since the game has progressed since they were given to the players while the buildings stay "old" this creates a circumstance where you can simply evolve them out of the game.
The old buildings the there old current state are not overpowered. since players have progressed.
Only when you let them power up keeping there same power level is when they become overpowered.
By switching an old building from old stats to new stats on an upgrade but not changing the current ones as long as they arent upgraded would have avoided this whole drama.
Code wise this is very easy to do since it creates only a bit of copy/paste work. and the upgrade code was supposed to be written anyway. they only thing to do is as an tiny bit of extra code.

Example: 2 buildings glossygarden05a, and glossygarden05b.
glossygarden05a is the old one for chapter 5.

Code in noob language:

-(Building)grab name without the last letter
-(chapter)grab the last 2 numbers from "building"
-(NewBuilding)grab the name without the last 3 letters (building name without chapter or suffix)
-upgrade to NewBuilding + Chapter + 1 + b
So at an upgrade GlossyGarden05a changes in GlossyGarden06b

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Essentially the old buildings stayed like they were, only when you upgraded the old building it would switch to the second "new" set of the same buildings with the new stats.
Yup. Legacy buildings. I brought this up on the US forums, pretty simple fix with no downside.

Calenmir

Thank you, that is a (mostly) understandable explanation (sorry, but the last part lost me), but I'm only quoting what was said to us: "...the games future..." are their words, not mine. So clearly is must be about the downfall of the game if they didn't make these changes. I'm asking. I would very much like answers. I think the questions are valid. I appreciate all personal opinions, but that's all they are - your opinion. I would very much like an answer. A real answer.

SoggyShorts

@calenmir
I wouldn't expect an answer at all, but if there is one, it's going to be:
"To keep the game balanced"
Which translates to: maintaining the level of difficulty that the developers desire.

Whether their idea of a good level of challenge matches ours is debatable of course, but I doubt we can change their minds. Personally I think that chapter 8 needs buffs, and my chapter 12 city most certainly did not need the buffs it got with this change, but that is only an opinion.

Calenmir

Yeah, I know. No answer to be given. But the questions are valid and deserve a real response.

So you got buffs? I don't so much mind the loss of pop (mostly because my losses on that were minimal) but my culture suffered. I pick buildings for my city based on the benefit of culture and any given population was a bonus. I knew at some point I might/would have to sell the buildings so I didn't want a lot of pop tied to it. So my losses were biggest in my culture.

But surely you all see what I'm asking - how is changing the benefits of the unicorns going to greatly impact the future of the game? I know it wasn't just unicorns, but if that tiny little 2 square building had to be devalued to save the game...

SoggyShorts

So you got buffs?

Really old unicorns x2 lost 21 pop each.<--This irritates me because they were already giving me 55% less pop than the Unknown Elvenar, and I'm obviously not going to use 16 RR spells to bring them up to my level.:mad:
Really old Venar's lost 110 pop
Snowflake mountain lost 280
Castle snowflake lost 420
----------------
total loss 852

But candy canes each got +300, so if I placed em all, I'd be up.

But surely you all see what I'm asking - how is changing the benefits of the unicorns going to greatly impact the future of the game? I know it wasn't just unicorns, but if that tiny little 2 square building had to be devalued to save the game...
I'm picking up what you're putting down, and I even think that they could have managed without this rebalance.
Perhaps they want to give rainbow unicorns much more frequently, so that is why they needed a nerf?

DeletedUser607

well, in my opinion, they could've finished off that topic quite easily.

1.) bring in the upgrade possibility.
2.) tell, which buildings will now be available in an upgraded version, with the same graphics but new values, and don't cut down the old versions of the buildings (means: all the buildings that follow the old scheme of value-creation).
3.) offer a conversion from the old versions to the new versions, maybe to the next better version that is available (means, for example the old version of a building in chapter 5 would be better than the new version from chapter 7, then a blueprint-spell would allow an upgrade to chapter 8.

this way, the cities would not have been chopped down with that change, and it would still allow the players to progress.

the outcry as we have seen at the moment would simply not have happened.

CrazyWizard

Thank you, that is a (mostly) understandable explanation (sorry, but the last part lost me), but I'm only quoting what was said to us: "...the games future..." are their words, not mine. So clearly is must be about the downfall of the game if they didn't make these changes. I'm asking. I would very much like answers. I think the questions are valid. I appreciate all personal opinions, but that's all they are - your opinion. I would very much like an answer. A real answer.

If they had not changed these old buildings, then all players who still had them and would upgrade them would be out of every others players league, they would have a lot more for example production than another player could reach. thats why they had to be brought back to the same standards as the other event buildings.

They way they did it as I explained is kinda flawed (understatement), but to keep up with there promise they had to change those buildings to keep the game in balance.

Ashrem

If they had not changed these old buildings, then all players who still had them and would upgrade them would be out of every others players league, they would have a lot more for example production than another player could reach. thats why they had to be brought back to the same standards as the other event buildings.

They way they did it as I explained is kinda flawed (understatement), but to keep up with there promise they had to change those buildings to keep the game in balance.
They didn't have to, they chose to. Probably because it was the easiest path. It would not have been that much more work to create alternate IDs and leave the legacy versions as they are with newer versions being upgradable, and the old versions not upgradable, or have the upgrade spell convert the buildings from legacy to upgradable and apply the new stats. Those are only two fairly straightforward coding jobs that would have required no changes to existing buildings

CrazyWizard

They didn't have to, they chose to. Probably because it was the easiest path. It would not have been that much more work to create alternate IDs and leave the legacy versions as they are with newer versions being upgradable, and the old versions not upgradable, or have the upgrade spell convert the buildings from legacy to upgradable and apply the new stats. Those are only two fairly straightforward coding jobs that would have required no changes to existing buildings

I told before that the way they implemented it would not be my way to implement it.
But the result of both ways of implementation is that those buildings would still be nerfed. the nerf was needed for the blueprint/restoration spell implementation, but the better option would have been to implement that nerf on an upgrade and not on all buildings.

The only advantage of this method is that de code is much cleaner and has no clutter in it from a coders perspective.
Downside of the current method is that it's extremly consumer unfriendly.