• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elven architect - Latest updates

Konniver

Update: The Elven Architect has been updated so that all building changes in Version 1.54 now feature in the city planner and buildings pages (in beta mode only).

Even though this update seems like buildings have only had their numbers updated, there have been significant changes to the data structure. The architect was having trouble in handling these changes so I've had to refactor a lot of the code, hence the delay. It's far from perfect but at least workable for the moment.

---

What I really miss - is ability to batch upgrade existing buildings, even if they are placed outside the grid for that.

This is precisely how I was planning on doing it :)

Feature request (that probably isn't worth it) Report - when buildings are being changed, an option for comparing your city under the current building scheme with the expected building scheme, so that with the press of a button we could tell exactly what the effects of things like the next update will have on us as a whole.

These kind of seismic update happen few and far between to warrant this being built. But in this update to the architect, you can load two browser tabs/windows with the same plan and switch one of them to beta mode within the language menu. Also, you can visit the Building Changes 1.54 page for a complete list of all changes.

@Konniver
Is there any chance you could make event/culture buildings that need a road a slightly different colour?

I've had a few ideas on this plight, but afraid I'll have to leave it till after I've figured out what's going on with 1.54.

Ashrem

These kind of seismic update happen few and far between to warrant this being built. But in this update to the architect, you can load two browser tabs/windows with the same plan and switch one of them to beta mode within the language menu
Thanks!

so there you have it:
Today:
upload_2018-4-28_14-19-11.png
After the update:
upload_2018-4-28_14-19-42.png

Karvest

Even though this update seems like buildings have only had their numbers updated, there have been significant changes to the data structure. The architect was having trouble in handling these changes so I've had to refactor a lot of the code, hence the delay. It's far from perfect but at least workable for the moment.
But now structure is more consistent. We have level property for all buildings we need without weird name parsing, we have Culture everywhere without mix with happiness.

Konniver

But now structure is more consistent. We have level property for all buildings we need without weird name parsing, we have Culture everywhere without mix with happiness.

Oh indeed! I much prefer the new structure, especially with all of the changes they've been making to it over the past few updates. I meant my solution was far from perfect, definitely not ready to handle when 1.54 migrates to live servers ... yet.

ALdbeign

Hi Konniver, thanks as always for the incredible work you do on the Architect!
Just wanted to report that the configurable production is crashing on me if i click the !.
Also had a question; you mentioned as a bug fix settings being persistent across all plans, is this supposed to refer to the new variables? (i ask because my settings already did persist) If it isn't supposed to mean those, would you be planning to make the variables persistent as well?

Thank so much,
ALdbeign

edit - the below details might be useful. Left is my screen before i click and right is after.
[

tried with both Chrome (v 65.0.3325.181) and FireFox (V54.0 and win10). looks like there should be a dialog box but none is visible and escape/return etc dont make the dimming go away.

Last edited:

Konniver

The production dialog boxes should be now be working again. If not, send me a link and I'll look into it further. Thanks for alerting me! :)

I fixed the settings in the actual settings popup. A misconfiguration on my behalf meant that setting changes to plans accessed by link would only work for that plan and no other. Plans saved by browser or file wouldn't have been affected.

No intention to make variables persistent as many players create plans for different cities (their own and for others). You only need to set them once and they'll carry across saves of that particular plan. Unfortunately, these are values that we cannot see when visiting another player's city so we can't build it into the import.

DeletedUser

Hello @Konniver
It seems that the production count for my Elvenar Trade Center is not counting anything

Elvenar trade centre.jpg

Does anyone else has this problem, or am I doing something wrong?

The Trader is also not counting the collectionbonus from AW levels

Konniver

@Ritsel

Wasn't just you, I had forgotten to include it. It has now been fixed.

Collection bonuses aren't accounted for in the production report, yet.

Last edited:

ALdbeign

Thanks so much for the fix Konniver, almost everything is working as intended now.
You only need to set them once and they'll carry across saves of that particular plan.
I am perhaps misunderstanding this part. Example: i saved my plan, changed from beta to english, then reloaded my saved plan, and all of these variables reset to zero.

Konniver

I am perhaps misunderstanding this part. Example: i saved my plan, changed from beta to english, then reloaded my saved plan, and all of these variables reset to zero.

Did you refresh the report? It seems the auto-refresh isn't triggered when clicking on Load.

Konniver

@Konniver
I've checked a few plans, and for some reason all of them are showing as 0 supplies consumed:(
Have you set productions in any buildings that consume supplies? By default, nothing is set and the ! means there's at least one building that's requires attention.

Works for me, but if you're still having issues send me a link.

Konniver

I hope no one answers that question ... and I mean that it the nicest possible way :oops:

Inno have been kind enough to leave the game files unencrypted, which they had encrypted on beta for a short period so to prevent unannounced content being discussed.

CrazyWizard

hm... when they were encrypted?
yes version 1.36 was encrypted (got a hardcopy of 1.35 for that reason). it lasted only a few weeks and then it was thankfully unencrypted again.
Otherwise today we would not have elvenarchitect anymore, which would be have been dreadfull.

Konniver has worked hard to not agitate innogames with his work and to work with them. to avoid them to take actions that would kill his baby(elvenarchitect).

shoutout to @Konniver for his awesome work,