• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.54

Deleted User - 57237

My city is not big but I lost over 4,5k population, look how they cut the glossy garden, 1 building and they grab 470 population, this is sick
6.png

• population.png
  • culture.png
  • population.png
  • culture.png
  • population.png
  • culture.png
jbiygx

DeletedUser2415

I'm being punished for being a good player. Disrespectful. Maybe it's even lead me to quit this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
I'm being punished for being a good player. Disrespectful. Maybe it's even lead me to quit this game.
you lost the fight but you will win the war with this new feature

not everybody has this old buildings just because back then there was no indication that they will be upgradable in the future and a lot of people replaced them with new buildings by now just because their citys outgrew them

i think they just used algoritm from after lovestory 2017 to change values for buildings from before that, its not possible for anyone to check every single city how big impact it has, thats why feedback is important from all over the forums with specific scenarios so they can adjust it if necessary

just imagine how cool it will be if you reach next chapter which require new resource (orks, mana, seeds, etc) and you just upgrade some old building from inventory (which giving now goos or supplies) to new chapter and have immediately access to that resource

Karvest

not everybody has this old buildings just because back then there was no indication that they will be upgradable in the future and a lot of people replaced them with new buildings by now just because their citys outgrew them
"Back then" was 4 months ago for candy trees, when they were top daily prize in event. And now they are trash that I am forced to delete, since even if I upgrade them to my current chapter, orcs (which is not possible now), I still won't have enough pop/culture to progress further...

Heymrdiedier

just imagine how cool it will be if you reach next chapter which require new resource (orks, mana, seeds, etc) and you just upgrade some old building from inventory (which giving now goos or supplies) to new chapter and have immediately access to that resource

thats a very interesting tought, but im pretty sure the new resources of the next 2 races are Tier 5 and tier 6 building, and i dont think theres an event item that gives those as a reward

Dony

King of Bugs
"Back then" was 4 months ago for candy trees, when they were top daily prize in event. And now they are trash that I am forced to delete, since even if I upgrade them to my current chapter, orcs (which is not possible now), I still won't have enough pop/culture to progress further...
its winter 2016 building even if it came in winter 2017 again

Dony

King of Bugs
thats a very interesting tought, but im pretty sure the new resources of the next 2 races are Tier 5 and tier 6 building, and i dont think theres an event item that gives those as a reward
im pretty sure we will see plenty of different resources in years to come, not just T5-6

Karvest

its winter 2016 building even if it came in winter 2017 again
But that's not my fault that I've chosen best prize that became one of the worst prizes.
That won't be a problem if some more time passed between event and nerf, I'd anyway get rid of them a bit later, but now I just stuck with negative population and culture in the middle of planned upgrade...

DeletedUser1767

Why would you want to upgrade event buildings? The buildings in the higher chapters are so huge and considering we have a limited amount of space in our cities, we might have to delete a lot of event buildings in order to make room for those buildings
Obviously this will be different for different people, but for me, I get sentimentally attached to some of the event buildings and can't bring myself to throw them out, even when they eventually become useless. In my Arendyll city, I still have two Father Trees, one of which is from the original Summer Event, many many chapters ago (I'm almost done with Elementals there). They're totally a waste of space now, but I love them so much that I've been refusing to chop them. More recently, I've started just straight up not putting out any event buildings if I particularly like them, because I don't want to have to multiply the sentiment-vs-practicality debate issue. That way, at least they'll be in my inventory to be peeked at sometimes, rather than lost forever.

(I also still have a snail in that city. His name is Bucky. I tell myself I need to kill him, because he's worthless now, but then I look at him happily munching and I just can't bring myself to do it. Don't worry, Bucky, your happy little pixel life has meaning.)

Ashrem

You seem to have am interesting definition of "win." Because I don't play quickly, so am only in the second chapter above where I was when I used all of my event essences to win my glossy gardens last spring, they were still very good for my city. Now I will have to use premium upgrades on 11 buildings at least twice each to get them to almost as good as they were before the update. Feels like winning?

Dony

King of Bugs
You seem to have am interesting definition of "win." Because I don't play quickly, so am only in the second chapter above where I was when I used all of my event essences to win my glossy gardens last spring, they were still very good for my city. Now I will have to use premium upgrades on 11 buildings at least twice each to get them to almost as good as they were before the update. Feels like winning?
maybe you are not paying enough attention but marindor hinted at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-54.10539/page-5#post-61573 that it could change in coming days since we are on beta, nothing is final
apart from that adding new interesting feature is a win scenario however you feel about it now (not like i ever wanted this feature but whatever)

Ashrem

maybe you are not paying enough attention but marindor hinted at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-54.10539/page-5#post-61573 that it could change in coming days since we are on beta, nothing is final
I'm paying plenty of attention. I'm not going to stop advocating for my position because there's been a nebulous hint that "we are thinking about doing something about this."

When they actually indicate a concrete plan that seems reasonable, I will happily stop talking about how terrible the existing implementation is. Not before that. (edit: unless I stop talking altogether)
apart from that adding new interesting feature is a win scenario however you feel about it now (not like i ever wanted this feature but whatever)
Your statement is true. But at the moment, they haven't added an interesting new feature. They've taken away something we had and said they are working toward adding an interesting (for some people) new feature, at some point in the future. My FS is top 20, and we have attained two blueprints in their entire history. A feature that is not going to do anything but force me to pay diamonds to stay level with where I was in the past, is not an "interesting new feature." I have put a lot of game effort, as well as extra-game effort, into events, and have been careful, and patient, in order to get the buildings that are most useful to the game I chose to play. I have 11 buildings that would serve me well for at least the chapter I am in and the chapter after that (which could easily cover 6 months of playing time for me since I move slowly), and now I am faced with a drop of 6,000 population* that will force me to rearrange the city and put unexpected resources into buildings I did not need a week ago despite my careful planning.

I am well into my sixth decade, and I am, long-since, tired of spending my money toward game developers promising me interesting new features then delivering something that is not interesting. I will pay to play the game that is in front of me. I will not pay to play the game they are envisioning on their whiteboards. When they have added an "interesting new feature" I will be among the first to congratulate them (as I have in the past). So far, they have not added an interesting new feature. Rather, they have taken away some of my enjoyment.

* Superficially, 6000. In reality, since the reduce efficiency of those buildings will be too low for me to replace the loss without tearing those buildings down, I will actually have to lose the entire 15,000+ population and culture value of those buildings, rather than just the part they've taken away.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Soon, you will also already be able to upgrade your event buildings as a premium option. However, we are in the final stage of preparing a feature that will offer this option without the use of diamonds as well, by using a new kind of spell, which will replace your Blueprints.
I would suggest for Live release that the nerf+adjustments be released with premium and non-premium upgrade options all at once.

If it is released with just the nerf, and then premium with non prem some time later it's going to look pretty bad.
I can already see players posting "So I lost xxxx pop, and the only way to get it back is diamonds?!!?"

Unless of course your efforts to reduce/remove the negative pop situation are successful.

Calenmir

i think they just used algoritm from after lovestory 2017 to change values for buildings from before that, its not possible for anyone to check every single city how big impact it has, thats why feedback is important from all over the forums with specific scenarios so they can adjust it if necessary

So do we know how you get the spells and when they will be available? I understand it's tournaments but if it is replacing the blueprint award, then not everyone will get it and I'll NEVER get it (or at least not for a very, very long time). My FS doesn't hit 10 chests. If it's an award like with the other spells, that changes things and I agree, it can be a nice thing but I'm not sure it's a win given the hits we've all taken and not knowing what it's going to take to upgrade back to where we were - as for right now and until they decide if the rebalancing was too hard on folks, I've got to find other plans (as do quite a lot of folks). We can't sit around with negative or low culture and pop in the hopes that the spells are easy to get or the rebalancing will be rolled back.

I agree the spells could be great if the average player can get them, but if not, this is not a short term good thing. People in worse shape then me (negative pop and culture) are unable to do anything right now. You can't build, you are left wondering if there will be further changes to the rebalance, you have no idea how to get the spells or if you can get the spells - or how many and how long it will take to help you upgrade back to where you were before this change.

ETA: I left off: or WHEN you can get the spells, seeing as they aren't currently available (but should have been the moment they put this into the game). What exactly is the definition of short term as it applies to the inconvenience we've all experienced with this update?

Last edited:

Maillie

I would suggest for Live release that the nerf+adjustments be released with premium and non-premium upgrade options all at once.
If the "non-premium upgrade options" consist of finishing 10 chests to get blueprints, then it is not actually an "option" at all for a vast amount of players that are not in the top fellowships. Our fellowship is well within the top 100 fellowships and has never opened the 10th chest. That doesn't sound like a viable option to me. I hope there will be better ways to get a LOT of upgrades within a very short period of time. There is not an abundance of gameplay with no population. This will be particularly true to the ones heading into Fairies. Their new houses in that chapter give a whopping 20 pop each when they upgrade. Yikes!

DeletedUser2411

If the "non-premium upgrade options" consist of finishing 10 chests to get blueprints, then it is not actually an "option" at all for a vast amount of players that are not in the top fellowships. Our fellowship is well within the top 100 fellowships and has never opened the 10th chest. That doesn't sound like a viable option to me. I hope there will be better ways to get a LOT of upgrades within a very short period of time. There is not an abundance of gameplay with no population. This will be particularly true to the ones heading into Fairies. Their new houses in that chapter give a whopping 20 pop each when they upgrade. Yikes!

My guess having played quite a few free to play games is that it will take multiple spells to do an upgrade, probably the equivalent of being x diamonds (usually pretty low, my guess would be worth around 10 diamonds), when they convert blueprints you will probably get multiple spells (my guess would be around 200 diamonds worth). Prices for magic residences and workshops will probably change so they need around the same number of spells as a converted blueprint. Event buildings will probably require a lot more than the magic residences, about 5 converted blueprints worth would be my guess.

The new spells will probably be possible to get for everyone but in low numbers, given they are calling them spells I expect they will be available from the magic academy, probably around one per day, there will probably also be one or two in each tournament chest too since that is where blueprints are currently available.

This is just speculation but given previous experience in other games and the little info we have I think it reasonably likely, it will probably end up taking about a month for a decently active player to get enough spells for free to upgrade one event building.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maillie

when they convert blueprints you will probably get multiple spells (my guess would be around 200 diamonds worth)
This is exactly where I see the problem. The top performing fellowships that always open 10 chests to get the blueprints likely are the ones that have the cities which are well beyond the willows and habitats and have gotten rid of the older event prizes anyway. My live city is in Halflings, I have none. The smaller groups that do not find it possible to do so are the ones that won't have that ability, and they're the ones holding onto the older pop-heavy culture items. For them to reacquire the population from a couple of the glossy gardens and trees would become a monumental task. And this release comes immediately after the previous release that took away their ability to use their few tournament KPs to advance in the tech tree.

DeletedUser2256

This is exactly where I see the problem. The top performing fellowships that always open 10 chests to get the blueprints likely are the ones that have the cities which are well beyond the willows and habitats and have gotten rid of the older event prizes anyway. My live city is in Halflings, I have none. The smaller groups that do not find it possible to do so are the ones that won't have that ability, and they're the ones holding onto the older pop-heavy culture items. For them to reacquire the population from a couple of the glossy gardens and trees would become a monumental task. And this release comes immediately after the previous release that took away their ability to use their few tournament KPs to advance in the tech tree.
I'm on chapter 12 and still, a lot of players who are in chapter 6 make many more points on tournaments ! I generally make 1600 points btw :)