• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Show AW reward chests before donations

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Summary
Always show reward chests even if players haven't donated to a wonder yet.

Description
AWchests.jpg

Motivation
With the recent changes to KP rewards there are often 4,5,6,7 or even 8 reward chests available, and it is very possible to fill a wonder before all of the spots have been taken. If we could see how many chests are still available, missing chests would be less of an issue.

Possible downsides
Just a little programming as far as I can tell

DeletedUser1657

I like the idea, unsure if their programming can handle it "simply" as it may depend on the rules set for the display and how it was generated. An alternative option could be to have a display or text line stating the number of rewards possible (or remaining).

This would likely solve the issue you refer to but may be a simpler fix if it is only a text type display. Your idea is more straight forward for users so is the preferred choice but I think there is an alternate "plan B".

DeletedUser2402

-1 Promotes people to do minimum work to receive kp instants. Not sure how missing chests is really an issue.

DeletedUser2402

It promotes people to do work at all, without that info they can just pass by.
+ helps not to overinvest to save reward spots for other FS members, to maximize reward output from AW for FS.
I respectfully disagree, this is only being put forward for those who have over participated in tournaments and looking for easy kps instants. If it's for a fellowship, there are fan sites that have this information. Again, saying that missing chests is an issue, maybe it should be submitted as a bug.

Heymrdiedier

(not sure where they've got it)

the site is run by a couple of mods, who can just get all the info they need from their test server. Thats why other infosites stopped with their site, since theres no competing against others who have inside info before it even hits beta server.

SoggyShorts

I respectfully disagree, this is only being put forward for those who have over participated in tournaments and looking for easy kps instants. If it's for a fellowship, there are fan sites that have this information. Again, saying that missing chests is an issue, maybe it should be submitted as a bug.
You are mistaken. This is being put forward for FS that are good at the tournament and earn 135 KP each every saturday. Fellowships that have a wonder levelling programs designate "target" wonders to be levelled first, and it is very easy for just 2 or 3 players to max it out, but that means only getting 2-3 of the 4-7 reward chests, and the rest get missed.

The worst that can happen is that strangers come in and grab a 5 KP spot in exchange for a 1 KP donation to my wonder, but that doesn't hurt me in any way- it's still 1 more KP than I had before.
Your objection is based on the idea that snipers will continually do that in order to try and make a profit, but those players also have access to GamersGems, so not adding this QOL improvement would do nothing to stop them.

DeletedUser1657

More KP is good. Whether it be from people trying to get rewards or your fellows in a wonder program or just general donations. The one place this wont help is if that random person thinks you have a chest spare but don't so they sneak in 1kp to learn they are all gone, but honestly it will help more than it hurts.

the site is run by a couple of mods
Are you sure? They seem to have access to the game files the same as several others here on the forums.

Karvest

They seem to have access to the game files the same as several others here on the forums.
AFAIK there is no info about it in client files. The only way to get that info on client I see - load city with specific AW leveled up to specific level and having all slots filled in. Or you need to have access to serverside game data (insider info, yes).
May be I'm missing something.

Dony

King of Bugs
Are you sure?
I am, you could saw that on some of the city/production images they posted, which was not possible to get from beta at that time and even if its not allowed to post it inno can close their eyes for 1 fan site i guess

Heymrdiedier

Are you sure? They seem to have access to the game files the same as several others here on the forums.

No im not, i dont know any of the people who run the site. But ive been told by a mod friend who does know them.
And i trust this person, but that doesnt make me sure :) What i've been told:
a few mods run the site, but they dont post anything on the site without the ok of their CM, so info that isnt available yet in game, doesnt come out too soon.

AFAIK questdetails and wonder rewards are not in the gamefiles (or i havent found them either), that all comes from serverside.
And getting all that info from a copy paste out of backoffice pages, goes a lot faster then having to get all the info about it ingame (like Mykan did for quests, or crazywizard did for his wonder charts).

DeletedUser2402

You are mistaken. This is being put forward for FS that are good at the tournament and earn 135 KP each every saturday. Fellowships that have a wonder levelling programs designate "target" wonders to be levelled first, and it is very easy for just 2 or 3 players to max it out, but that means only getting 2-3 of the 4-7 reward chests, and the rest get missed.

The worst that can happen is that strangers come in and grab a 5 KP spot in exchange for a 1 KP donation to my wonder, but that doesn't hurt me in any way- it's still 1 more KP than I had before.
Your objection is based on the idea that snipers will continually do that in order to try and make a profit, but those players also have access to GamersGems, so not adding this QOL improvement would do nothing to stop them.
Based on your comment on my thread about the wonder administration, you said you already do this on a spreadsheet with determining kp donation. If you already do this, why is it now that 2 or 3 players are maxing out a wonder? If you are saving those spots for players in your fellowship, and a random stranger adds to it, sure that just helped you with a few kps but possibly took away a spot for your friends or fellows or changes who was suppose to get the 2nd and 3rd chest. Using a percentage to determine a kp donation, which you said you do, this will make it ever changing if random strangers add to your kp because that little box is just staring at them. There needs to be something else (wonder admin) in place before adding graphics such as this.

SoggyShorts

Based on your comment on my thread about the wonder administration, you said you already do this on a spreadsheet with determining kp donation. If you already do this, why is it now that 2 or 3 players are maxing out a wonder?
We are constantly having to refer to GamersGems list in order to avoid missing chests is the point. If wonders displayed how many chests were available we wouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site for the information almost every single day and 3-5 times on Saturdays. Our FS averages over 1 wonder upgrade per day,for the last 16 months, so you can imagine how much unnecessary checking we have to do.
If you are saving those spots for players in your fellowship, and a random stranger adds to it, sure that just helped you with a few kps but possibly took away a spot for your friends or fellows or changes who was suppose to get the 2nd and 3rd chest.
After we look up the wonder to see how many chests there are, we stop short of filling it (by ~100KP or so) and get some fellows to grab those last chests before finishing. At no point can a stranger come in and make a profit, so I really don't care about that- it's the looking up of every single wonder that is annoying and can be fixed very very simply with this suggestion.
Using a percentage to determine a kp donation, which you said you do, this will make it ever changing if random strangers add to your kp because that little box is just staring at them.
I have no idea what you are talking about here- there are no percentages involved at all.
The player who has the highest balance in the FS is the one who gets their wonder up next.
Donated - received KP(including rewards)= balance
There needs to be something else (wonder admin) in place before adding graphics such as this
A massive undertaking like your wonder admin idea is nice, but a pretty big ask for such a small dev team. My suggestion is quite straightforward and much much easier to implement.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

Uh no, go look at my wonders on beta. Check other peoples wonders that aren't in your fellowship. I see it all of the time, those adding 1 or 2 here to check for chests. I don't disagree that this should be in game, just not like this.

SoggyShorts

Uh no, go look at my wonders on beta. Check other peoples wonders that aren't in your fellowship. I see it all of the time, those adding 1 or 2 here to check for chests. I don't disagree that this should be in game, just not like this.
So someone donated 1 KP to your wonder. How does that hurt you? Are you not 1 KP richer?

DeletedUser2402

Because if you're not asking to do this maybe you're throwing off hard work someone has put in for a wonder rotation, maybe that spot was for someone else, maybe a teaching fs uses these to help new people learn how to upgrade a wonder and those spots are a reward for just trying. Not everyone, and probably 1000's upon 1000's of more players do not use tournaments in the way that you do. If you're upgrading wonders that fast, now I wonder why you even need this.