• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Split FA quests for 2 quest givers.

SoggyShorts

You can have main workshops producing what you need for regular gameplay (say 6 workshops with 3h cycle for 13k supplies quest + part of carpenters badge) + have bunch of workshops producing brewery badges that are currently needed. So you would loose 6/10 of carpenters if you will be forced to cycle for brewery.
Ahh I see.
Ironically I forgot about (normal) quest cycling while trying to reduce quest cycling:p-- It makes sense that those players don't care about reducing quest cycling by 50% when it is already part of their daily routine whether an FA is running or not.

It's funny to me that the #1 complaint about the FA (by far) is about quest cycling, but none of the ideas to reduce this get much support.
I understand that this split would require a little adjustment to playstyle, but I would have thought that would be a solid trade off.

For your specific example, wouldn't it be much better to cast a PoP or 2 on you main workshops and use them for making brewery badges? I mean if you are going to be collecting every 5 minutes anyways, you probably should use your highest producers, no?
This way for the price of a spell you are making more supplies, and you don't need to do non-FA cycling, and with the split you need to cycle 50% less. win-win-win

Karvest

Same situation can be with the opposite sign - have 5 high lvl WS for normal 3h production, while making a bunch of farmers badges. - you still loose some of carpenters due to cycling for farmers when they are ready.

SoggyShorts

Same situation can be with the opposite sign - have 5 high lvl WS for normal 3h production, while making a bunch of farmers badges. - you still loose some of carpenters due to cycling for farmers when they are ready.
But the fix for that is quite simple:
If you are going to be online in 3h, set everything to carps, if you are going to be away for 9h set everything to farmers etc.

We get so many supplies instants from events, and PoP from tournaments, that running less than perfect workshops for the 5 days of the FA once every month or so really shouldn't impact your city negatively.

Karvest

Fix is not so simple. Just imagine that you don't have enough space to place N*5 WS (both normal and event ones), but still need normal cycles to keep up your production (and already using PoP for that most of the time).
Or even if you start all your WS for 3h or 9h - you will have unfinished quest at the end, and can't switch to another cycle without loosing badge progress.
And things become even worse when switching from bakers to farmers when going to sleep or to work and back afterwards.

edeba

Karvest covered it nicely. If you are busy working on 15 minute workshop badge with say 9 workshops and your 3 hours stuff comes up your choice will be to wait and not work your workshops, give up on the 15 minute workshop badge, skip the 3 hour workshop badge.

I find it hard to picture this....
Are you setting 3 workshops to groceries and doing 3/5 of a farmers badge while using the rest of your workshops to do something else?
What advantage are you getting by not setting workshops to complete full badges?
Why not set all buildings to finish at the same time like when your next log in is planned?

I'm genuinely curious, and open to learning new strategies that I may have missed.

SoggyShorts

Perhaps the schedules of my FS members are more diverse, but I've just never, on any server, during any of the FAs, needed to work on 2 workshop badges at the same time.
. Just imagine that you don't have enough space to place N*5 WS
All of the badges need productions in multiples of 5, so I just made my workshops in 5s. If I didn't have space for another full 5, I used that space for a T1 set.

Another point worth mentioning is that even if you lose out on some productions, you should still be better off with the increased participation rate in your FS.
From FS that I have spoken to the norm seems to be 10-15 players actively participating. If this idea would increase that by just 1 or 2 members, you would be far better off than being able to make 3/5 of a farmer while making a carpenter.

I understand that this idea isn't perfect. Ideally we would have something like the ideas posted here(LINK) I like the one on post #16 best.
But this idea has one massive advantage over all others I've seen thus far: 5 minutes for the devs to implement it.

Karvest

All of the badges need productions in multiples of 5, so I just made my workshops in 5s. If I didn't have space for another full 5, I used that space for a T1 set.
Even having 10WS total won't help with 5m-15m-1h production badges when it's time to switch to another cycle due to real world needs.

Giving the same quest if it was not declined - is a much better solution. Both for FA and regular repeating quests. And should be very easy to implement serverside without any client changes.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Giving the same quest if it was not declined - is a much better solution. Both for FA and regular repeating quests. And should be very easy to implement serverside without any client changes.
I'm not against that idea, but I worry that since it is something new, and can't be done in 5 minutes, that it will simply fall under the "We are working on a total quest overhaul anyways, so we'll just wait for that."

SoggyShorts

Soggy, do you do all waypoints on all levels in your fs?
LoL, no.
As fast as possible through stage 1&2, then one route quickly on 3 and leave it open to do whatever we can just for something to do. (we really don't like the pit)
No one is willing to compete with the top 3, and all other ranking prizes are totally meaningless. We each get hundreds of hours of timers from major events, so fighting really hard to go from a 2h timer to a 5h one doesn't make sense for us.

Jaxom

The interface for Adventure quests is better in the mobile app. Just a simple, Next, Next, Next without having to move the cursor a lot.
On browser I end up resizing my window down to a minimum size so that I don't have to move so far to decline.
PLEASE fix the Adventure quest interface. PLEASE

maxiqbert

i'm with jaxom here.
Very simply, if the decline window didn't shut wen you decline, you'd gain a lot more than 50% time. not on the number of clicks, but on the "traveling the mouse" time.
Note that this need to move your mouse gets to hurt the wrist, too:eek:

SoggyShorts

i'm with jaxom here.
Very simply, if the decline window didn't shut wen you decline, you'd gain a lot more than 50% time. not on the number of clicks, but on the "traveling the mouse" time.
Note that this need to move your mouse gets to hurt the wrist, too:eek:
Yep, much better.

The reason for this idea suggestion(split quests between givers) was that it would only take 5 minutes to program.