• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Community based building - Question 1

Which of the following dimensions should we use for this building?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement about our upcoming community based building here and let us know your preference on the first question in this poll!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser118

I voted for 2x2 cuz this way it doesn't matter that much if your city is orientated one way or the other. A 2x2 building should always fit into any kind of city. :)

DeletedUser

It is a way to involve you, our community, in the making of a building, but it's also a way to thank our dedicated players as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!

@Marindor I hope that dedicated players who don't use social media, like FaceBook, will have the same chance in obtaining this building. Otherwise this will again be something that I will have to pass on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

@Marindor I hope that dedicated players who don't use social media, like FaceBook, will have the same change in obtaining this building. Otherwise this will again be something that I will have to pass on.

Yes, as said: Our forums and Social Media channels :)

Heymrdiedier

how about a building that gives you more neighbourly help chests. it would make lighthouse (and other wonders that put something in the chest) more valuable again.

Personally i also like the friends tavern in Forge of Empires, i would like something like that here aswell, but not in a impossible to get reward that only few players have.

actually its not hard at all to see what the community wants: i just quickly looked at the approved suggestions and came up with a big list allready:

a building that allows you to break any runeshards
a building that allows you to transform runeshards into other runeshards
a building that allows you to upgrade cultural (or event) buildings
a building that gives you a free daily loyalty gift
a building that allows you to unresearch optional squad size upgrades
a building that allows you to store more broken runeshards

sources:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forge-a-rune-into-a-completed-wonder.8171/

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...usion-spell-for-transforming-rune-shrad.6909/

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...possibility-to-upgrade-culture-buildings.791/

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/daily-loyalty-gifts.2032/

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

@Heymrdiedier : This week is not about what the building will do, but about the size. More questions/polls will follow in later weeks. Please stick to this week's question for now :)
aha, so we're not supposed to bring up new ideas? we just get 3 polls with premade possibilities and that way we decide how the end building will be?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

uh, at INNO, I'm used to ... a small building gives little ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser1371

...as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!

So only one or two persons will be lucky to win this?

Marindor

...as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!

So only one or two persons will be lucky to win this?

No, we're not creating entirely new buildings just for 1 or 2 players but the exact ways to obtain it, will become more clear in the future. The idea behind it, is to reward the people who are not only players, but active members of our communities :)

DeletedUser

still need to have a social network or go to the forums .... and win this ..

you can not give this building to everyone?

DeletedUser1657

just a clarification
1x4 is

X_____
__X___
____X_
______X

or

______X
____X_
__X___
X_____

the first number is left to right on the screen, then vertical. So 1x4 is:
X____
X____
X____
X____

while 4x1 is
____
____
XXXX
____

DeletedUser2003

Here are some visuals:
4x1.jpg

1x4.jpg

Hope that helps! :cool:

DeletedUser778

1x4 or 4x1 are probably better than 2x2

The big questions:
Will it need a road?
  • A 2x2 building that needs a road requires 5 squares (assuming there is a building across the street sharing the road.
  • A 1x4 or 4x1 that needs a road only takes up 4.5 squares.
Voted for 4x1: It's better, if it needs a road, like Soggy mentioned + it's better to place in a row with other buildings then having a tiny 2x2 square and I think with 4x1 it will be more visible in a row with other buildings then 1x4. (hoping it will be beautifull)^^