• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

NEW website Elvenstats.com!

Lissona

I dunno... either your FS has activity rules or not, and either you are breaking those rules or not. Wouldn't getting "caught" like this only happen if you lied and said you had no internet access or something?
Even then, it would still take a lot of effort to check on everyone, and it would still be more accurate to manually check scores in game.
You shouldn't expect people out there to behave e. g. logical like you would - even without rules there can be put a lot pressure on you cause you don't behave like other expect you to do.

SoggyShorts

@Ritsel & @Lissona

Thank you for the info on the GDPR, as I suspected the upcoming changes will have zero impact on elvenstats at all.

"What constitutes personal data?
Any information related to a natural person or ‘Data Subject’, that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address."

Elvenstats clearly has zero personal data whatsoever, so no worries there.

DeletedUser

You shouldn't expect people out there to behave e. g. logical like you would - even without rules there can be put a lot pressure on you cause you don't behave like other expect you to do.

That's exactly what I'm worried about, there will always be a bunch of control freaks among players and they could really hurt some other players with all the info they can get now :(

DeletedUser

@Ritsel & @Lissona

Thank you for the info on the GDPR, as I suspected the upcoming changes will have zero impact on elvenstats at all.

Elvenstats clearly has zero personal data whatsoever, so no worries there.

Since I don't know who is behind this, and I didn't get any information about what is analysed and what not, I can't be sure about that.
Clearly they can look into my account, so maybe they can also retrieve my email-address, the amount of diamonds I purchased and have spend.
I just don't know and that worries me.

SoggyShorts

Clearly they can look into my account
No, they can't. That is why they can't see your goods, supplies guest race stuff, notifications etc.
Everything on the site is what is available by visiting your city and checking the rankings.
That's exactly what I'm worried about, there will always be a bunch of control freaks among players and they could really hurt some other players with all the info they can get now :(
There is nothing on the site that isn't available in game already.
@SoggyShorts : what means "indirectly"? :D
I would think that "indirectly" would be something like getting your visa number+name+hometown could indirectly give someone your billing address by combining it with a phone listing. But if you can tell me how someone can go from knowing you have a level 20 mainhall to knowing your home address, name phone number, and credit card info, I'll be impressed:p

Last edited:

Karvest

As far as I see - all info is taken from regular game requests to the server. There is nothing more than can be seen at network level while playing the game with official client.
I'm not sure, but if you can tell me how someone can go from knowing you have a level 20 mainhall to knowing your home address, name phone number etc I'll be impressed:p
Only if it's written in city name or guild notice.=)

Lissona

No one is allowed to spread data about (hidden online) activity without written consent. And even if I don't have your real name/address, @SoggyShorts , there are some people on the forums, which I can identify up to and including their home address (and some people ingame/on the forums, which I can "indirectly" identify with the help of other players). And now I even know their online times easily (ups, their doctors cerificate stated they aren't able to operate a computer at all)...
And to be honest - I don't see the problem for elvenstats.com (processing the data for non-commercial use), the problem lies at the side of innogames/elvenar (collecting the data for commercial use and providing it afterwards). Unless they change their terms of privacy.
But in the end only the first court judgements will tell us, what is allowed - and what is not.

DeletedUser1657

While I also have some reservations I didn't notice things I couldn't gather in game. For a while one of my fellowships used to do something like this but it was very manual and labor intensive, which is why they stopped after several months. The manual process was more accurate (in places) as they could identify boosts accurately which this process is guessing at based on factory numbers.

That may be the difference for some people. To manually gather this information takes a lot of work to do so.

SoggyShorts

The manual process was more accurate (in places) as they could identify boosts accurately which this process is guessing at based on factory numbers.
It's actually worse than that, the default boost percentages are my best guess from what I remember I had almost 18 months ago (and one lower level FS member whom I asked.)
And now I even know their online times easily (ups, their doctors certificate stated they aren't able to operate a computer at all)
I feel like this is quite a stretch of what could happen.
In this scenario
  • The employee didn't feel like going to work.
  • They made an appointment or went to the walk-in clinic
  • They convinced the doctor that they had some ailment that wouldn't allow the use of a computer at all for any length of time.
  • They paid for that visit and or doctor's note (depending on country)
  • They gave that note to their boss and went home.
  • Then they played some elvenar.
  • Their boss knows about elvenar, knows the city and server and player name of this employee.
  • They are friendly enough with the employee to know all of these things, but distrustful enough that they decide to spend all day checking on them.
Even if all of this occurs, the employee can simply claim that they used the mobile version, unless the note said no smart phones either.
Again though, elvenstats only saves you maybe 2-3 minutes compared to just making an account and using the more up to date reliable data in the game.

It's worth noting that this at (least somewhat) far fetched scenario is all based on an employee defrauding their employer and possibly the medical system.

Karvest

Info on site doesn't include online times. There are only suggestion that average player is able to gather goods 3 times a day and nothing more (unless you/your FS enter actual data manually. The only thing that can be revealed - your tournament score. But it can be taken from game within same time (except history of previous tournaments, that may be interesting info for recruiting purposes and FS history, I gather that info myself for private use too).

DeletedUser1906

Absolutely brilliant site! There are so many awesome features! This will also make rearranging my city so much easier!

ALL of the very active members who create sites to help us Elvenar players should be praised, NOT hated on. Where would we all be without these guides, spreadsheets, quest lists, and city rearrangement tools?

CrazyWizard

It might be wise to read yourself into that law yourself before you try to convince others using the wrong reasons.

Have you ever looked into the internet how advertisement works? how could google exist?
Those 2 scrape much more information from the net than elvenstats. they exist, they keep existing. and google or other companies never asked you for permission to do so.
As long as the source is publicly aviable anyone is allowed to scrape and collect information.

DeletedUser

It might be wise to read yourself into that law yourself before you try to convince others using the wrong reasons.

Wow someone asked for a link and I posted it.

Your comment doesn't make any sense, except perhaps that you really like to write poisonous remarks towards me - in any forum and any way possible it seems.

SoggyShorts

March 15th, 2018: Everyone, thanks for the positive feedback on the site. Been working hard fixing bugs, adding clarifications, supporting new servers, and chatting with you kind folks. The site has gotten more traffic than we expected during our beta launch week and we're so honored. Thanks to all that have helped spread the word! Changes in the last 48 hours:
  1. Added the 8 new servers: EN2 / EN3 / SE1 / NO1 / DK1 / PT1 / CZ1 / CZ2 (
  2. Improved player selection (favors exact matches / more results / results don't hide the input). If still having issues goto this page
  3. Fellowship Page: Cleaned up the tables and added tool tips and long winded explanations.
  4. Bug fix with LVL 25 Mountain Halls not being detected.
  5. Some progress towards a next generation boost detection algorithm to support you mavericks out there that like to produce non-boosted manufactories.
  6. Privacy Policy added.
  7. IE fixes

Heymrdiedier

Soggy, or whoever i should be adressing myself to (i think the site maker is an (ex)anno player no?)

Its nice to see that you suggest what a perfect match would be for a new guild addition.

But you are showing combinations there that don't exist, (like for example steel, silk, magic dust) based on what your guild produces least.
While i know some combinations don't exists others might pin them to that suggestion and will try to look for a player they will never find.
So maybe you can change that suggestion, to multiple suggestions who fit the need and do exists. (if there is a perfect match then that one suggestion would be good of course)