• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

NEW website Elvenstats.com!

SoggyShorts

Absolutely not amused about this site, as it grabs player and city information, exports it outside of Inno servers and doesnt't even ask for player's permission to do so. I hope it gets shut down ASAP ! Seriously !
The only information on the site is that which you get from visiting a player's city, and checking the rankings tab.
There is no personal data whatsoever anywhere on the site.

Players have asked for an easy way to
  • see their fellows boosts
  • import their city to elvenarchitect
  • see FS rank for tournaments
  • track tournament progress
  • track score progress
  • calculate goods productions, supplies etc
Which one of those are you objecting to?

Last edited:

Karvest

The idea of tournament ladder was flying in the air. Bad that it can be quite inaccurate due to the way of gathering. If Inno implement such thing themselves - it should be way more accurate.

Deleted User - 60152

Soggy if you're involved with the website - I do have a complaint about the username feature. My archmage tried to get into it and it showed several variations of her username - but unfortunately, it wasn't scrollable to be able to find her name. That needs fixing so players with short usernames are able to use the website.

Elrondriel

Which one of those are you objecting to?

To all of them, as I did not agree that it is used OUTSIDE of the contract that I have with Innogames. Pretty simple, huh ?
It's clear that they only grab data ingame and cannot access RL personal data, but that doesn't make any difference to me.

If certain players want to see some of the a.m. information, they can opt-in/register to such service (which implies validation of the player account), but I strongly object to gathering such information on a wide scale without player agreement. We'll see what Inno decides on this ...

Elrondriel

If all of the data is there for everyone to see when they visit your city

And now, anyone can see it, even if they don't play a specific server or not even play the game at all (including all sorts of data miners).

I think I made my point clear already before. Now just waiting Inno's reaction ...

DeletedUser

To all of them, as I did not agree that it is used OUTSIDE of the contract that I have with Innogames. Pretty simple, huh ?
It's clear that they only grab data ingame and cannot access RL personal data, but that doesn't make any difference to me.

If certain players want to see some of the a.m. information, they can opt-in/register to such service (which implies validation of the player account), but I strongly object to gathering such information on a wide scale without player agreement. We'll see what Inno decides on this ...

@Elrondriel I fully agree with you

Game Rules
§5 Bots, scripts or macros

• Players are not entitled to use mechanisms, software, programs or other routines that could disrupt our systems.
The use of bots, scripts and macros for the reproduction or evaluation of the game is not permitted.
• It is strictly forbidden to use browser add-ons or scripts that automatically collect your resources, to use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage, and/or to use click-bots or scripts that click for you automatically or decrease your manual clicks.

I consider this a privacy breach, especially because I didn't give permission, and information on my city is now worldwide for everybody to see.

CrazyWizard

@Elrondriel I fully agree with you

I consider this a privacy breach, especially because I didn't give permission, and information on my city is now worldwide for everybody to see.

I agree it's a ToS breach, there is no way someone is manually gathering all that information. nor do I belief it uses a API made aviable by innogames as if that was aviable then konniver would have already implemented it in elvenarchitect.

But this whole privacy this is nonsense. because there is no private information collection,
It in no way collects sensitive information like your name, adress, age, sex, occupation, belief ect.

All the information displayed is already in the public domain as anyone can freely gather all the information by login into the game.
And there are no restrictions to logging in.

From a law point of view there is nothing innogames can do agains the webssite, other than copyrigth infringement on 9 small pictures (for goods) which can easily be replaced with an alternative.
And they can try to detect the bot and create countermeasures to have it no longer work untill the builders figure out how to circumvent it.

SoggyShorts

Fabulous idea. LOVE the ability to import into Elvenarchitect.
Me too, I often have FS members who ask for help with their city design, and this makes it so much faster.:)

The rest of the features are really just things inno would implement anyways if their programmers weren't busy doing other stuff.
We have Fellowship, player, and tournament ranking, so fellowship tournament ranking is just another way to look at the data.(and a player requested feature that was approved)

I especially like seeing more accurate numbers for my fellowship's goods productions. We all try to balance our FS, but it takes a long time to do it well, so we often just aim for ~8 of each boost. Obviously this isn't really a good balance unless all 25 players have the exact same number of buildings, levels, boost, and schedule. Now we have something that does the math for us.

The weekly report is something that many FS already do, and there have been loads of requests over the years for tools to help the AM do it easier. Recording scores, entering them into a google doc, and then copying the data so that you can congratulate a player on having the highest growth for the week took a lot of time and effort. Now, if you want to, you can do it in a few clicks.

Lissona

Despite the fact that I really love this new page for my own private purposes, I have to agree with @Elrondriel . Why?
1) I had this type of websites in some other games, and there were always a lot of people using it for not so pleasant reasons (e.g. "you weren't on in our guild yesterday, but you played on another server. WTF..."
2) The new european law coming in effect at the end of may...

SoggyShorts

1) I had this type of websites in some other games, and there were always a lot of people using it for not so pleasant reasons (e.g. "you weren't on in our guild yesterday, but you played on another server. WTF..."
I dunno... either your FS has activity rules or not, and either you are breaking those rules or not. Wouldn't getting "caught" like this only happen if you lied and said you had no internet access or something?
Even then, it would still take a lot of effort to check on everyone, and it would still be more accurate to manually check scores in game.
2) The new european law coming in effect at the end of may...
I am not aware of this, link?

Last edited:

Lissona

Thank you Ritsel, I only had DSGVO for Germany. If he starts to read it and really is interested in this, we won't see him for the next few months :D