• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.50

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Elrondriel

Not too much to report on this update - but we can celebrate to be halfway finished towards 2.0 ;)

What will be Inno's big milestone to achieve 2.0 ? On 1.0 it was closing the loop of non-bonus relics by producing spells in the Magic Academy.

Heymrdiedier

Not too much to report on this update - but we can celebrate to be halfway finished towards 2.0 ;)

What will be Inno's big milestone to achieve 2.0 ? On 1.0 it was closing the loop of non-bonus relics by producing spells in the Magic Academy.
funny, but 1.50 isnt halfway to 2.0, we could end with 1.234 before they switch to 2.0 :)

Heymrdiedier

Blueprints? :D

Maybe the "total quest overhaul"
i like your suggestion of blueprints, but that doenst qualify for a whole new versionnumber imo.
Something like a quest or combat or wonder overhaul, that would qualify for me. or maybe flasfree version...

SoggyShorts

Something like a quest or combat or wonder overhaul, that would qualify for me. or maybe flasfree version...
There are so many great suggestions that have already been forwarded to the devs big, small and in between. Any handful of those would be a huge advancement for the game.

I'm pretty sure you could get someone to implement all 6 of the following in under a week:
And ones that need a little longer
  • Additional Notification tabs
  • Blueprints for event buildings (just make them exactly the same as Magic buildings)
  • Broken rune shard bar(increase it to 20, or add a "forge a rainbow rune" feature
Instead of 1 huge new feature like a complete overhaul to quests(which I do really really want) doing a clean sweep of the above would totally be worth of a 2.0 IMHO

SoggyShorts

Haha and that's only a small list from Beta, @SoggyShorts . I think in total we'd have about 150-200 ideas on the shelve from our various communities :p
You're right, there are quite a few up there, I was trying to focus on the quick ones. Like the FA clock. I mean really, the clock used for every other event works perfectly fine, so I can't imagine a reason why they haven't switched to that one in the 6 months since it became obvious that they should.

The rest of those top 6 really are 1 day fixes at most. The chapter start one isn't even a programming issue, just a very minor graphic change. There's even an example in the thread that I made in MS paint in 5 minutes.

The scout indicator is another very fast improvement- We already have the binoculars on the bottom bar when we are on world map view, they just need to add the exact same thing when we are in city view.

I love that they come out with huge new things like Elementals, and I respect that those take a long time, but if in the 6 months it took to do Elementals they had added a day here and there for these very fast and simple Quality of Life improvements, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Marindor

Well, small things get added all the time of course but please don't forget to look beyond your own wishes. On average we collect about 15-20 new ideas from all communities each week, and while most of them may be "one day fixes", 20x 1 day is more than the whole week ;) Things may seem very simple to us, but in the end it's all part of a very big project in more than 20 languages and each community has their own wishes and preferences and beside all these community wishes, we also have an actual game to run and an own road map :) Of course here and there we try to implement community ideas wherever possible, especially if multiple communities express the same wishes, but this game is quite a big project and it's not always just as simple as to implement each "short fix" we get suggested :)

CrazyWizard

Well, small things get added all the time of course but please don't forget to look beyond your own wishes. On average we collect about 15-20 new ideas from all communities each week, and while most of them may be "one day fixes", 20x 1 day is more than the whole week ;) Things may seem very simple to us, but in the end it's all part of a very big project in more than 20 languages and each community has their own wishes and preferences and beside all these community wishes, we also have an actual game to run and an own road map :) Of course here and there we try to implement community ideas wherever possible, especially if multiple communities express the same wishes, but this game is quite a big project and it's not always just as simple as to implement each "short fix" we get suggested :)

Wel it would have been great if at least the ones that have been officially promised are at least executed. and not shelved for more than a year now.
(for example blueprints non diamond update)

It's ok if we only very slowly see some of our suggestions been implemented at elvenar. but a no show on promises is a big no no.
A promise is ment to be kept.

SoggyShorts

please don't forget to look beyond your own wishes.
Never!!!!

But seriously, I do understand what you are saying and I'm sure there is a whole lot going on that we can't see. That said, I don't think there is anything you can tell me that will make me understand why the FA clock still sucks.;)

SoggyShorts

I think we went about this one the wrong way.
We do not want a free way to use blueprints.

What we want is for inno to add a feature where we can upgrade Event buildings using :diamond::diamond::diamond:Diamonds!:diamond::diamond::diamond:(and blueprints)

See how that is better?;)

DeletedUser118

Wel it would have been great if at least the ones that have been officially promised are at least executed. and not shelved for more than a year now.

It's ok if we only very slowly see some of our suggestions been implemented at elvenar. but a no show on promises is a big no no.
A promise is ment to be kept.

Where do you see any promises they made about things being implemented? The ideas section? Only cuz they move an idea of ours into another thread doesn't mean anything about its implementation. All it means is that its being discussed about with the team but that's it. There is, was and will never be any promises about player ideas being implemented in this game. Inno never did that and I highly doubt its ever gonna change.

CrazyWizard

Where do you see any promises they made about things being implemented? The ideas section? Only cuz they move an idea of ours into another thread doesn't mean anything about its implementation. All it means is that its being discussed about with the team but that's it. There is, was and will never be any promises about player ideas being implemented in this game. Inno never did that and I highly doubt its ever gonna change.

No it was part of an Q&A with Timon and (Rike?). I have looked it up and posted it somewhere on some elvenar forum, and I am not in the mood to seach all those video's again.

The question was something like when we could use blueprints if we had no "magical buildings"

The promise was that we would see a use for blueprints "soon" without a defined deadline. but when it would be introduced that we ALL(as in free players to) would crave for it.
So start collecting your blueprints in advance. that was the general message of the answer.

We always assumed this could be a version of FoE "repair kit" I thought it was called, which is an item there that upgrades event buildings to the current age.
This kit can be bought with diamonds of sometimes earned at an event or so not sure. not really a FoE player.

CrazyWizard

Exactly. While technically "soon" isn't a specific promise, I think there is a pretty universal understanding of what the limits are.
As a test, see how long "soon" works as an answer when your wife asks "when are you going to take out the garbage?"

Yeah but if u wait long enough taking out the garbage your wife has already left you instead. or at least got furious and did it herself.
Doing it ourselves is not an option in this game unfortunatly.

"soon" also has an expiring time limit, it might not be as defined as a datestamp, but it is neither endless.

DeletedUser

wghv.png

Hello guys, i have not see anounce in the forum for anounce that !

From now on, a fellowship can be regulated according to 3 parameters for the recruitment:
open, closed, authorized candidatures. The novelty lies in the fellowship of recruitment "open"
that allows players to join without going through the application process.
This will allow small fellowship to grow faster.

it's release note 1.49 on the live :) :) :)

@Marindor ????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it is on béta ... on my fellowship :) :) :) (you see it's in English) ^^

9bqq.png

DeletedUser1681

Just to be sure...

The novelty lies in the fellowship of recruitment "open"
that allows players to join without going through the application process.
"Join directly"

Does this mean that if you choose this option people just click "Join" and they're in ? sounds like it.