• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Decrease Encounters for the World Map Provinces

DeletedUser1163

It would help so many of us Elvenar players, who cannot spend hours fighting on the World Map, if the game developers would decrease the number of encounters that need to be fought in the provinces on the World Map? The encounters on the World Map are becoming more and more difficult to fight the hordes of enemies roaming the provinces.

The Fellowship Tournaments were shortened to 4 encounters instead of 8, which helped tremendously to bolster interest for my Fellowship to compete in the tournaments. Please consider decreasing the number of encounters for the World Map provinces.

Dony

King of Bugs
i dont see single reason why they should do that, would you also accept that you will get less relics and less KPs?
sooner or later you will reach max limit (for getting expansions) and the only time you will be doing provinces on world map will be during events which are once per month

Lisha

Nah... It would change nothing. From their love for rebalance, IG would plausibly increase province expansions thresholds - not sure what would happen to those who already reached the limit.
The only thing that it would change is the amount of neighbours and values that depend on the amount of provinces scouted - but they could change that, too.

Heymrdiedier

im also not into this idea, id rather have more fights in a world map province instead of less.
would make getting relics or encounters for event quests a bit easier.

with a scout of +3 days, this now means 16 fights a week. i dont think thats a lot.

Tournament on the other hand, thats 6 times 4 fights a province, so 24 fights for 1, and i usually do 15 sometimes more, that means 360 fights a week.
So compared to that, 16 fights is nothing...

SoggyShorts

The Fellowship Tournaments were shortened to 4 encounters instead of 8, which helped tremendously to bolster interest for my Fellowship to compete in the tournaments.
Keep in mind, when they cut the number of fights by 50% they also increased the losses by 4x.
Old 8x100 losses
New 4x400 losses
You sure you want them to do that on the world map too? Inno doesn't give with both hands....

DeletedUser1163

Thank you everyone for your opinions. All I know is what I experience and what my fellowship complains about and that is the provinces on the World Map can wipe out all your troops in just a couple of battles. The Hard provinces are Hard. At least on the Tournaments, we can do two pages worth of battles before having to stop to heal and recruit more troops. Some of us have reached the point where we don't even want to try to complete encounters on the World Map provinces because it either means after one or two battles, we don't have enough troops to fight the thousands of enemy units or we end up not having enough goods after negotiating.

SoggyShorts

@Electra Firestorm
Hang on, you weren't clear about this in your original post.

Are you asking for Inno to drop the number of encounters and not increase the squad sizes of those encounters?
Just straight up half the effort & losses?
What about rewards? 100% the same?

DeletedUser1657

The world map provinces are balanced currently (well later on), why fix something that isn't broken? If they want to fix world map provinces they can do it for the first 4 chapters where the hardest fights occur. The game design means fights get easier and easier on the world map each chapter allowing you to do more and more provinces above the minimum. If you are in later chapters and hitting hard provinces you have progressed further than the game design so fights are meant to be hard. You still have the option to do them but there is a price to pay and a strategy to consider.

Not to mention balance issues of negotiating costs, kp and relics. As was mentioned above the ratio of tournament fights compared to provinces is why tournaments was reduced.

DeletedUser1163

The game design means fights get easier and easier on the world map each chapter allowing you to do more and more provinces above the minimum.
I hope you're right Mykan. I am in the Fairy Chapter now and the enemy units still outnumber my troops 10 to 1. These events are causing a lot of us to progress further when we're asked to solve an outrageous number of encounters. Thank you Mykan for your advice.

DeletedUser1657

I hope you're right Mykan. I am in the Fairy Chapter now and the enemy units still outnumber my troops 10 to 1. These events are causing a lot of us to progress further when we're asked to solve an outrageous number of encounters. Thank you Mykan for your advice.

The timing of scouting is key. If we talk about a town doing minimum provinces only than they start ok in chapter 1, go to Very hard in chapter 2/3, start to improve to medium/hard in chapter 4, by the time you get to halflings they are all very easy (Blue). This is based on actual towns at minimum provinces at those specific times, so it definitely does get easier.

From your comment(s) above it would seem the issue you are trying to resolve is:
  • Difficulty of provincial combat for certain chapters and/or
  • Volume of quests in events requiring encounters to be solved
Reducing the number of provincial encounters would not solve either of these problems and would actually make the second one worse without a balancing of event quests too.

DeletedUser1163

The quests in events asking to "Solve a certain number of Encounters" are forcing Elvenar players to overscout. Encounters can only be solved in the World Map Provinces, not the Tournaments (which I wish would be changed so that encounters count toward competing in the Tournaments). Having to solve a huge amount of encounters causes players to progress further than they should, and then they find battles are becoming more and more difficult to solve an encounter.

I myself have overscouted. Since I am only up to the Fairy Chapter, I cannot solve encounters by fighting or negotiating because Orcs are needed in the Hard Provinces. Instead of decreasing the amount of provincial encounters (like what was done for the tournaments), just remove the "Solve 20, 30, etc. Encounters" from the quests in events.

For battles to become easier, I would think we Elvenar players will need to level up our Ancient Wonders, especially the ones that help us in combat, as high as possible.

edeba

Cater.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. All I know is what I experience and what my fellowship complains about and that is the provinces on the World Map can wipe out all your troops in just a couple of battles. The Hard provinces are Hard. At least on the Tournaments, we can do two pages worth of battles before having to stop to heal and recruit more troops. Some of us have reached the point where we don't even want to try to complete encounters on the World Map provinces because it either means after one or two battles, we don't have enough troops to fight the thousands of enemy units or we end up not having enough goods after negotiating.

DeletedUser1163

I have tried that option. When you negotiate in the Hard Provinces, the goods requirement is very high. After completing this event, I've depleted my goods storage. I'm left with no more than 100-200 of each good to trade or negotiate. At the moment, I'm unable to help my fellowship and my neighbors with the goods they need to complete the event.

For these events, the game devs should allow encounters in the Tournaments to count toward solving encounters.