• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.46

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser

A new release version and still no sign of a new chapter.

@Marindor If the devs want players to “keep on playing”, they should give us a date by now.
The few weeks early November are already a few months.

The “explanation” that there are not enough players who finished the Halfings, is getting old and defies all logic. More and more players who finished the Halflings months ago, have given up en quit the game. By now, you are losing more players than gaining players who want to continue the game. Innogames is losing income, because end-tech players don’t want to spend diamonds anymore.

Many end-tech players don’t want to do events anymore, because they already have way to many event buildings in there inventory that they gained in the same chapter. Doing events has become beyond pointless.

Seriously, it is TIME for a new chapter!

Dony

King of Bugs
well its either next week or right after part 2 ends, because early in feb will most likely be valentine event and that would mean end of feb or early march for live servers

Marindor

@Ritsel as I told you numerous times already, there were good reasons to postpone the launch a bit and they'll be launched when we are ready for them. :) I think you've been making your point about wanting the new Guest Race for the last 4 months now :D It doesn't speed up the process however, but of course we are all excited and can't wait to see the new Guest Race live as well. All I can say for now as that we're getting really close and @Dony is quite good at guessing ;)

As soon as we can share a specific date with you, we will :cool:

DeletedUser1681

I for one fear what what might happen when the Elementals are released, my home/live server has maybe ca. 250 active players, of those not too many finished the questline, I'm halway through Halflings.
Consider this... if you fear that players are walking away now what makes you so certain that if the game doesn't work the way that's planned (in a big way) they wouldn't walk away then. And those who'd stay what racket they would make here "you gotta change this"... "you gotta change that"... "we gotta cancel and go back to the old (or we'll walk away)". The very thing that they are holding back the release time after time indicates to me that there is a serious chance of it backfiring if released too early.

EDIT: lol, forgot my point - I'm truly worried that if released too early smaller local server might die.

Dony

King of Bugs
I for one fear what what might happen when the Elementals are released, my home/live server has maybe ca. 250 active players, of those not too many finished the questline, I'm halway through Halflings.
Consider this... if you fear that players are walking away now what makes you so certain that if the game doesn't work the way that's planned (in a big way) they wouldn't walk away then. And those who'd stay what racket they would make here "you gotta change this"... "you gotta change that"... "we gotta cancel and go back to the old (or we'll walk away)". The very thing that they are holding back the release time after time indicates to me that there is a serious chance of it backfiring if released too early.

EDIT: lol, forgot my point - I'm truly worried that if released too early smaller local server might die.
i think this is exactly the reasoning behind all of this

DeletedUser

well its either next week or right after part 2 ends, because early in feb will most likely be valentine event and that would mean end of feb or early march for live servers

@Ritsel as I told you numerous times already, there were good reasons to postpone the launch a bit and they'll be launched when we are ready for them. :) I think you've been making your point about wanting the new Guest Race for the last 4 months now :D It doesn't speed up the process however, but of course we are all excited and can't wait to see the new Guest Race live as well. All I can say for now as that we're getting really close and @Dony is quite good at guessing ;)

As soon as we can share a specific date with you, we will :cool:

Maybe @Dony is quite good at guessing. But ... next week OR maybe 2-3 weeks OR maybe end of Feb or early March.
That a pretty large margin in guessing :rolleyes:

@Heffernan Although I would like to see all Elvenarians enjoying the game, waiting for maybe 5-10 players to finish on your Live server is not very reasonable if you realise that about 300-350 players on my Live server have been waiting for months now.

DeletedUser1397

Innogames should be humiliated at the handling of this Guest Race. You're losing your audience because you attempted to implement features NOBODY ASKED FOR.

KEEP IT SIMPLE. Give us a guest race, no new features required. Give us one every 4 months. Do not attempt to implement features that may require you to postpone a Guest Race. Your devs have been proven incapable of implementing these features without requiring more than double the normal waiting period between Guest Races.

If your excuse is that not enough players are at end-game, your events and/or updates should be targeted at getting more people to the same place. Many other games do this and it is extremely popular. There is a reason MMORPGs like WoW make prior content faster to get through when a new update is released. Normally, you wouldn't need to do this. But because you decided to implement an END-GAME feature that requires a large population, you've painted yourselves into a corner.

STOP TRYING TO REINVENT THE WHEEL. YOU HAD A WORKING FORMULA.

Dony

King of Bugs
because you attempted to implement features NOBODY ASKED FOR.
its actually the opposite, quite a lot of people asking for something new and not the same recolored guest race.
if people liked what you are saying they wouldnt whine about events have same quests over and over again, they would be actually happy, but they are not.

Many other games do this and it is extremely popular.
i doubt that this games are free to play. also blizzard is one of the slowest content delivering company in the world so really bad comparison
END-GAME feature that requires a large population
it doesnt require large population

DeletedUser1397

its actually the opposite, quite a lot of people asking for something new and not the same recolored guest race.
if people liked what you are saying they wouldnt whine about events have same quests over and over again, they would be actually happy, but they are not.

i doubt that this games are free to play. also blizzard is one of the slowest content delivering company in the world so really bad comparison

it doesnt require large population

More people are complaining from lack of guest race rather than lack of guest race features. More people are leaving from lack of guest race rather than lack of guest race features. It's called priorities.

People are not whining about the repetitive nature of the tasks in quests, they're complaining about the frustrating requirements, absurd quantity of events and poor rewards.

There are MANY F2P games that do this. WoW also requires geometrically more resources to produce content. This is a browser game. They should have a very solid framework and templates for Guest Races at this point to allow them to pump them out every 4 months.

Innogames themselves have said one of the reasons they held back the Guest Race was due to a lack of players having completed Halflings.

Nice try, next time put some effort into researching your arguments.

DeletedUser118

But many of us are already complaining about the event quests always being the same old stuff. Wouldn't the same "old" new guest races get boring at some point too? At least I think so.

Personally, I like it whenever they come up with something new with every new guest race. The difference is what makes it interesting and fun to play.

So its not really the wheel they are trying to reinvent but rather the way to ride it. ^^

Karvest

New guest race is anyway a huge redesign of the city, and planning it is what people are playing such games for.

Dony

King of Bugs
More people are complaining from lack of guest race rather than lack of guest race features. More people are leaving from lack of guest race rather than lack of guest race features. It's called priorities.

People are not whining about the repetitive nature of the tasks in quests, they're complaining about the frustrating requirements, absurd quantity of events and poor rewards.

There are MANY F2P games that do this. WoW also requires geometrically more resources to produce content. This is a browser game. They should have a very solid framework and templates for Guest Races at this point to allow them to pump them out every 4 months.

Innogames themselves have said one of the reasons they held back the Guest Race was due to a lack of players having completed Halflings.

ye nice try but none of your information is 100% correct

Marindor

There's no need to put effort into "researching" our "arguments" because this is not something we're debating with you and it's not a debatable subject either :) It's not about me trying to defend any arguments to "win" a discussion, it's about me being kind enough to share with you our reasons for postponing this chapter while keeping within the amount of information I can give you at this point. It doesn't matter whether or not you like these reasons or "agree" with them based on the amount of information you have, I just like to be as open and transparent with you as I can on this subject so while we're all anxious for the release, I hope this attempt is at least being appreciated :)

DeletedUser1278

Must really say the game is getting boring.
If INNO have brains they really should change the new chapter.

Like not use 80 kp to unlock the next technology but lets say 180 .
Then it allready takes 4 days more to go next technology.
this is the only way to keep on playing :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Cut this to a 80 technology,s then without spending big cash or buy kp it can take almost a year to finish this chapter.
butt who are we to think we now better then INNO
for 10 months only empty your manufactory,s and workshops go to bed wake up empty your manufactory,s and workshops go to work come home empty your manufactory,s and workshops .
then we have weekend wake up empty your manufactory,s and workshops have fun with your friends and family come home manufactory,s and workshops go to bed. wake up and ill think by no even INNO can think what will happen next;);););) yes yes empty your manufactory,s and workshops.
And a new week starts
For normally its a 2 month process and wait 10 or more months for something else to do except the boring Quest which are all the same.
The robert redbeard i dont even going to start on live server . that boring ill better go on youtube and watch a cat and dog video
its all the same and a building what ill never place its only a collectable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2003

There's no need to put effort into "researching" our "arguments" because this is not something we're debating with you and it's not a debatable subject either :) It's not about me trying to defend any arguments to "win" a discussion, it's about me being kind enough to share with you our reasons for postponing this chapter while keeping within the amount of information I can give you at this point. It doesn't matter whether or not you like these reasons or "agree" with them based on the amount of information you have, I just like to be as open and transparent with you as I can on this subject so while we're all anxious for the release, I hope this attempt is at least being appreciated :)
It may not be my place to say this, but I believe that @kerykeion was directing that at Dony and his "argument", not at you and the devs? That is how it read to me, anyways.. :oops:

Thank you, Marindor, for your patience even when you know you are delivering information that may not be exactly what the masses want to hear. You are appreciated more than we probably let you know.. :diamond::diamond:

DeletedUser1397

Nothing I wrote was directed at you. I've been a CM and forum mod/admin for multiple similar games. I'm well aware of the limitations of your position.

My statements are directed at the dev team management who have failed their players and the fanboys who attempt to quash legitimate criticism.

I'll reiterate my main and overarching point that I hope gets passed on to the dev team and through the thick skull of Inno's faithful apologists :

I've seen similar games make the same mistakes Inno is currently making and I've seen amazing games with a dedicated fan base and enormous potential die out because of it.