• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented [City] Mouse over Copy Paste Function

DeletedUser580

Hey guys.

I would like to see a function to easier repeat the same action rather to just

click building
click production time
repeat

As you can see in the screenshot, i have lots of planks manus. and its really hard to click them properly. But beside that, I have also lots of workshops. And it will be more in late game. I am really afraid to use the 5 min production cycle as it is to much work. Players tend to be lazy and I know we also should do a little bit on our own, but this is getting more and more work. Will the Plank Manu. building increase its size later?

But thats not the point. I just want to through in these suggestion. :)

See all the plank manufactions ... its hard even to click them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

The screenshot is missing, but I get your idea. If you have a lot of buildings, you would like to set one workshop to a certain production time and then drag the mouse to set the other workshops to the same production time, just like you gather the coins.

I'm curious to know what the top players (who have to manage a lot of buildings) think of this idea. Two players I know are active on this forum, are @Khebeln and @Tinker . Maybe they can make a statement about this? :) I can imagine that there are big pros and cons.

DeletedUser136

you would like to set one workshop to a certain production time and then drag the mouse to set the other workshops to the same production time

I actually think its a very good idea, or at least something similar... and the elf planks are particularly hard to set quickly because they are rather small. If I'm playing off my phone, I don't even bother to try it.

I actually miss the magic diamond 'set all my buildings' button from that OTHER Inno game I used to play. lol

DeletedUser126

The screenshot is missing, but I get your idea. If you have a lot of buildings, you would like to set one workshop to a certain production time and then drag the mouse to set the other workshops to the same production time, just like you gather the coins.

I'm curious to know what the top players (who have to manage a lot of buildings) think of this idea. Two players I know are active on this forum, are @Khebeln and @Tinker . Maybe they can make a statement about this? :) I can imagine that there are big pros and cons.

Personally i dont miss the Diamond Button, as paying diamonds for feature that should be there to begin with is bad idea and i would rather die than do that :)

But back to the question, I have 24 Material Production buildings and 8 Tool Production. I would love to have a way to set them all up at the same time for the same value. I think easiest way would be to have a check box in the building menu that would be linked to all buildings of the same type. If you click in one to start production for 5-15-1h etc they all will start it at the same time.

Its least effort and max effectiveness and its not really creating an issue with bots as its essentially the same original mechanic just made more convenient.

Later on having about 8 Tool Production is optimal due to quests, same with other production buildings, you want to have enough to get quest done each time the cycle is done. If you play actively those repetitive actions can get really boring really fast, so this sort of feature would be very welcome.

One of the best improvements over FoE here was the ability to accumulate gold over time and not check every set period of time or you lose gold, this would be another step in right direction, and it would help mobile and tablet users more than PC users like me. I play the game on 42" so its not as big issue but it is inconvenience, i can only imagine how bad it is for people on small screens.

While im at the subject, i really would like to see an option to turn off gold collection or coin icons from the menu, as its very annoying the way it is now, and you almost always accidentally pick up gold when you are saving it for the quests by just trying to move the map around, this is a lot bigger issue later on when you have the whole map available, and distances between buildings are quite big.

DeletedUser

In other words. Having a menu where you can choose '' set all marble production to 3 hours'' would be great indeed.

The coin thing Khebeln mentioned i agree with, it can be a bit annoying at times.

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the feedback so far! I think it's a good idea. I'll leave the thread here for a while to give others a chance to give their input before I forward it. :)

And about the turning off of the gold icons or of the gold collection function: Khebeln has already suggested the idea here (click). Please support the idea there!

ThaMartin

I like this idea as well. As good as almost, you'll select the same production times for all buildings anyway and I don't see any disadvantages :)

DeletedUser136

paying diamonds for feature that should be there to begin with is bad idea and i would rather die than do that
oh... sometimes you make it so hard to resist typing things... :D

I didn't necessarily mean that diamonds should be required for it, I simply meant a collect/reset button for goods buildings. My personal thought is it wouldn't even have to be for each separate good but for some players I guess that could be important (and there is the coin/supply requirement to consider). I'd be content picking which cycle I wanted to run them all on and just be done with it. I run them all anyway.