• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.41

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Dony

King of Bugs
It's now possible to encounter enemies with less than 4 squads to make the encounters more diverse. Overall balancing hasn't changed though.
even tho balancing isnt changed, this is quite a big nerf to difficulty, because you can now bring 1 pure support unit (sorc for example with 50% damage debuff) even tho we will face higher numbers per squad, that should be good news for everybody

DeletedUser724

less than 4 squads

overall balancing has not been changed

That is a Bigger Lie

As far as I remember, player are asking to increase 4 enemy squad to more squads , but less than 7
less squard number mean enemy are more dense in a squad that
making the battle goes impossible to handle

as a result, the overall balance is now totally changed when we meet less than 4 squad

Dony

King of Bugs
less than 4 squads

That is a Bigger Lie

As far as I remember, player are asking to increase 4 enemy squad to more squads , but less than 7

as a result, the overall balance is now totally changed when we meet less than 4 squad
you mean piss easy now
i really hope this change will come to tournaments aswell asap

DeletedUser724

?? it do not mean it is in contential map only ??
so it is all kind of battles

I am not interesting in contential map
as they are "all cater, no fight"

DeletedUser332

less than 4 squads

That is a Bigger Lie

Experience has told me that it's actually the battles with more squads that are tougher to handle. The squads are smaller when there're more of them, but there are more total units and more total sources of damage on your units. Typically, getting hit 8 times means you take more damage than getting hit 3 times, even if the 3 hits are coming from a larger number of units. Of course, this also depends a lot on what units are present in those squads and even the terrain at times, but this is a more general observation.

DeletedUser283

I agree on this, I had several fights lately on the world map (ring 14) with less than 4 ennemy squads and it was ... well, not very different from having to face 6 ennemy squads after all ... :)

SoggyShorts

Typically, getting hit 8 times means you take more damage than getting hit 3 times, even if the 3 hits are coming from a larger number of units.
Debuffs are also an important consideration. If you were to face just 1 enemy stack, you could bring a few different squads to cast multiple debuffs, and kill it quite easily. If the enemy has 8 stacks it's much harder to weaken all of them.

Jackluyt

Yay!
Instants that will give KP's!
That will really help to upgrade our Wonders;
I hope they put some in the extra daily Treasure Chests that they owe us!!!
1f603.png

DeletedUser724

Experience has told me that it's actually the battles with more squads that are tougher to handle. The squads are smaller when there're more of them, but there are more total units and more total sources of damage on your units. Typically, getting hit 8 times means you take more damage than getting hit 3 times, even if the 3 hits are coming from a larger number of units. Of course, this also depends a lot on what units are present in those squads and even the terrain at times, but this is a more general observation.

Please aware the total enemy soldier are not change. If the total enemy soldier is 100, there are 5 squad. each squad is 100/5=20 enemy sodlier. if it is 4 squad, each squad will have 100/4= 25 enemy soldiers

Your experience is very different from me
A. My army size do not change. When enemy packed into smaller group. The army size is then bigger in a group. They hit will make 1 of my soldier group. And I will lost more and my army will be weaken

B. 1 group of soldier at edge can only surrounded by 3 enemy soldier group while it is at the edge.
It means even ...even enemy group has 1 million group, only 3 group of soldier can hit you if they are not range attack. You will not get hit by 8 times. It is 3 times only.
Nowaday, we are taking advantage of the stupid AI and using "landscape", "other blockage", "hit and run", "detour" ...etc to trap enemy and kill. Most of my battles is only just handle 2 to 3 groups only and section by section. The rest of 8 enemy group ( that is 5 to 6 enemy group) are keep away from battling.
The reduction of squad means the enemy ( 2 to 3 group that I normally faced ) is now bigger in size and more harmful and they can easily route thro blockage and come closer to hurt your soldiers

I have no idea ...how you fight..
Your words sound to me, you are doing 1 to 1, always move foreward

Please think , plan before move to fight...then you can enjoy the fun of battles ( how to fool the stupid AI)

Dony

King of Bugs
If the total enemy soldier is 100, there are 5 squad. each squad is 100/5=20 enemy sodlier. if it is 4 squad, each squad will have 100/4= 25 enemy soldiers
this is not correct and it doesnt work that way
its like this for same difficulty:
117/8 for 8 squads
100/5 for 5 squads
97/4 for 4 squads
87/2 for 2 squads

so mathematically you need to do less total damage the less squads you are facing , which makes it easier (not to mention debuff number)

Last edited: