• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Marindor

The "pay" functionality keeps mentioning diamonds and is confusing players who think they have the badges but get shown the diamond cost regardless.

Yes, this is something that will be changed for it's indeed confusing. Our aim is to change the wording before the Live release :)

The pathing/map makes it look like you have ONE map and you complete each path to get to the final reward. However, Marindor above explained that every time you get the little flag reward, you get a NEW map, so there are actually at least 3 maps (plus the bottomless pit).

All of this needs better explanation IN GAME and with far better visual design.

Of course in game there's always less space for explaning things than in a forum announcement (to which the ingame news item links) or on a Wiki. When you open any waypoint in the Fellowship Adventures, you will see an "Information" button on top of that window. When you click it, the info panel appears and you'll see it has a specific tab to explain the stages.

Where would you feel this information in game would fit better and without needing too much space?

Deleted User - 63604

My feedback on fellowship adventures:

pro:
- We can win eventbuildings by taking part as a fellowship
- Coordination of fellowship and arrangement is required, so more communication within fellowship
- Different paths allows some kind of variation and adaptaion/adjustment of the fellowship
- Every member can take part, doesnt matter how long he/she is already playing elvenar
- Very nice art design, looks really good

contra (will go more into detail here):

- Rewards
There is only one reward at the end of the map. The reward for the first level is simply a joke to call it a reward (lvl 2 and lvl 3 mapsrewards are ok). Either the single checkpoints on the adventuremaps gives any rewards nor the adventurequests. Just the adventure items. Thats definitly not worth it to restrict your own productiontimes (and thats a big deal) or even sacrifice alot of space to build some extra lvl 1 workshops and manufactorys. Individual rewards by completing the checkpoints or quests should be there also. Otherwise i dont see why ppl should spend more time/effort on taking part, if in the end their cityperformance is even worse. Whats the point getting one eventbuilding to save 5 fields, if u need to sacrifice 100 fields all the time to get the adventure items?

- Rankinglist
The adventure rankinglist is not just giving the guilds on the top places some permanent guild points, but also second and third eventprice rewards. That are some good rewards, but how is the chance a "normal" fellowship will be able to get that even once? Players can spend diamonds instead of getting the adventure items. So if a guild with some rich ppl decides to get that first rank, other "normal" fellowships can just forget about that. So the ranking rewards are hidden behind a paywall and just naive ppl will think, they can get them without paying (or maybe by saving adventure items for weeks, lol)

- Lack of new activity
The bad designed and boring activity of the whole adventuremap. I mean, it looks really fantastic, really good art design and the idea of new adventure items is also cool (feels a little like crafting, even if they are quest rewards). But what exactly wants the new adventure map feautre us to do? Complete productions that doesnt fit with our playingstyle like 2 days/1 days? Build lvl 1 workshops and manufactorys just for the adventures, so we just have less space for our "own" town? In long term thats not just boring like hell, it also harms our game progress by letting us less space to build "usefull" buildings.

- Suggestion
With the adventuremap u have shown us, that u are able to develope a new kind of map like a "dungeon". Why not give fellowships some "dungeon" associated with the adventure map to build there some buildings for creating adventure items instead in our towns and together with the fellowship? The earned adventure points for buying some upgrades for the adventure map/fellowship map. Install there some puzzlegames that need to be solved to progress. Create some real extra activity in the game, that need to be done for taking part. Not by restricting our existing gameplay. Here is a big lack of creativity or maybe will/time/money to develope a real new feature/activity, that doesnt eat up our existing ones.

- Disappointment
At the end of the day, when the adventuremap is not "new" anymore and the glitter is off, i dont see any extension for the game or any new options to get fun. Its same, produce X of Y like in existing eventsquests, get Z eventbuilding like in existing events, build useless buildings to finish quests like in (guess where). Yeah... Fun? Excitement? Sadly cant find some, my hype is gone. Maybe someone can help and show me a different point of view?

DeletedUser1847

I think I might give this on a miss. I just search for my fellowship and it wasnt there

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey Tassiejo! The search feature in the Fellowship list in Adventures is currently not working properly. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, but your Fellowship will be somewhere on the list provided at least 1 member has crafted at least 1 item and paid it into a Waypoint. For now you will be able to see your Fellowship's current rank on the Fellowship Banner at the top left of the Adventures screen, and can then navigate to the correct page in the rankings :)

DeletedUser1847

Both of us have completed the first quest . 50 bev and got screen saying we have been reward but cant find where the reward is.

ALdbeign

Hello!

First I want to say this is a great new idea and i already love it!

Side note/response to Tassiejo though (so an edit will appear on this post), you got a badge which is usable and view-able on the actual adventure map. you can't see these items from your city screen.

Back to the purpose of my post,

1: bug report (yeah we have a bug report area but this is a brand new thing so i will put it here) I paid a treant guild badge for the middle path (which required 2) and now when i try to put the second in i get a stream error.
2: rank to move to the next level, per the help file this is ambassador, this should be mage (or at least let the archmage decide what rank)
3: i see no significant difference between the blue path and the green path (besides amounts) the red path is only different because of the pay x goods option (which as much as i hate those in the regular event quest lines, for a group event, they are a great way to allow multiple member pitch in)
4: bug report - when you click on days left on the adventure screen, it take you to your profile.
5: the middle (blue) path appears to allow you to move over to the left (red) path, perhaps this is an optical illusion but the graphic should probably be altered if you cant actually do that.

Very much looking forward to this new event on live! looks great!

p.s. please consider running this event twice on beta before going live to allow FS to "prep" for a later round...i.e what happens on a second run for those people who tried to stock up on the new "permanent" items for adventures!

This looks like a fantastic addition to the game and i look forward to seeing it on live already! Also, I hope it is a monthly or semi monthly type event, i would hate for it to be weekly (though i think you already said it wont be)

Thanks so much,
ALdbeign

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

Aye, MissLindell, you're not the only one who is confused about this Fellowship Adventure. I have a question. My fellowship cannot even complete the Tournaments. How in the world are they going to complete the Fellowship Adventures? We have members from all over the world playing in our fellowship. Any suggestions how to get everyone online at the same time? When it’s 5 PM on the west coast, it’s 1 AM in London. How are fellowships supposed to complete these adventures? This is just going to cause more members to leave their fellowships, looking for ones that are in the same time zone.

Dony

King of Bugs
Aye, MissLindell, you're not the only one who is confused about this Fellowship Adventure. I have a question. My fellowship cannot even complete the Tournaments. How in the world are they going to complete the Fellowship Adventures? We have members from all over the world playing in our fellowship. Any suggestions how to get everyone online at the same time? When it’s 5 PM on the west coast, it’s 1 AM in London. How are fellowships supposed to complete these adventures? This is just going to cause more members to leave their fellowships, looking for ones that are in the same time zone.
i dont see how this event is tied to different time frame, you can do whatever part you want and get badge for it and use it anytime you want, this event or next event, doesnt really matrer where you are

Deleted User - 60107

There's no need for everyone to be in the same time zone. There's no difference between "player A adds a badge at 12:00 and player B adds a badge at 12:05" and "player A adds a badge at 12:00 and player B adds a badge at 22:00". You have three difficulties and plenty of waypooints on each one, so plenty of time for players to contribute at least once.

Dony

King of Bugs
1 thing i really miss in this event as a mage or archmage is some kind of overall table of our fellowship, where it will show every member who already donated, now its kinda hard to know if we still miss last person who didnt donated badge yet to open stage reward unless we check every single waypoint and make list of all people on paper

DeletedUser332

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to leave the door open on the possibility of fellowship members potentially missing out on rewards simply because other members in their FS completed an entire level of the adventure before they happened to log on. This just doesn't seem to promote good behavior in my opinion. But on the other hand, maybe this is difficult to address because what happens if a FS wants to wait for its members to contribute but someone seems to be mysteriously 'lights out' at the time? I guess I'm just hoping that in the end, all members who want to contribute are given the opportunity to, without having the rug unexpectedly pulled out from under them. Maybe I'm just being paranoid of others' intentions though. :)

One thing I do have an issue with though is adventure tasks asking us to have all 3 tier 1 goods buildings in our city. I know which path your FS takes is optional, but I'd personally rather see the quest ask for one each of a tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 production (matching the player's boosts) than ask us to place buildings that are effectively worthless to us. The presence of this quest seems to indicate that the developers intend for us to have non-boosted goods buildings in our cities, despite the overall design of the game strongly urging us away from doing so. Is this true?

DeletedUser1163

Dony, I am the Arch Mage in my fellowship. A member in my fellowship, who is an Ambassador, had to wait for me to get home from work because they needed to ask me to pick which route we are taking on the fellowship adventures. They earned a Dwarven Brewery Badge but think I am the only one who can use it on the map. Is this how this new feature works? Everyone has to wait for the Arch Mage to show up before they can continue on the adventure?

Dony

King of Bugs
Dony, I am the Arch Mage in my fellowship. A member in my fellowship, who is an Ambassador, had to wait for me to get home from work because they needed to ask me to pick which route we are taking on the fellowship adventures. They earned a Dwarven Brewery Badge but think I am the only one who can use it on the map. Is this how this new feature works? Everyone has to wait for the Arch Mage to show up before they can continue on the adventure?
anybody can use their badge, but once you reach end point (golden watchtower ruins) only leaders can finish whole stage

DeletedUser1313

Maybe this time because no one had any idea how it worked, but for the next one you can plan which paths to take before it starts. So members can start on it as soon as it starts without leadership input.

DeletedUser1163

How are we going to plan which paths to take if everyone is online at different times? Do all of us have to wait for everyone to show up? As you can see, I am so confused. And should I make everyone an Ambassador because you will reach a certain point on the adventure map and will not be able to venture forth unless you are an Ambassador or an Arch Mage. I work crazy hours and am not online when everyone else is.

Deleted User - 60107

Just check what resources are needed for each waypoint (you can do that any time), then tell the rest of the Fellowship: For the red path we need this, this and this; for the blue path we need that, that and that; and for the green path we need the following... I suggest we take this path due to these reasons. Then let people decide on their own what to produce.

The only time you need an Ambassador or Archmage is when you have reached the final reward and want to collect it so that you can open the next difficulty. The rest can be done by anyone.

P.S.: I didn't explain that very well, but I am tired and can't do better right now, sorry.

DeletedUser802

I seriously have to agree. Exactly who's brilliant idea was this anyway? No instructions are given, no directions, no anything. I must be missing something because this hash does not look self-explanatory to me. They seem to be under the impression that fellowships are one big happy family who work and plan and play together like a little league team. Well, I have been playing this game for years now, in several different worlds, and I have yet to find a fellowship like that. Nobody in my fellowship even talk to each other. None of us are in the same area, none of us play at the same time, etc.

So how does this work? Nobody can get any rewards unless we all form a sewing circle and plan together, who does what quest, who goes where, etc. Really. Sorry guys. I don't work and play well with others. I have no interest or tolerance for any kind of group sports or competition. Getting a whole bunch of people who don't know or like each other to cooperate in anything is a lost cause. You will notice that the game does not bother to explain how it is played, what rewards we will be getting, etc. How do any of us know if it is worth our time and work to be bothered with? Some of the spots on the map say they can only be opened by an Ambassador or an Arch Mage. Well, that's going to be interesting, since my fellowship has no Ambassadors and the Arch Mage had not been heard from in about two years. My fellowship is a good one, for the way I, and I assume, the other members play. We pick up each others trades, we help build each other's Ancient Wonders. Other than that, we each play when we want, how we want and where we want. This is not a glee club. It the way this game works is that you cannot get anything out of it unless everybody plays and cooperates, then I would like to be told outright, so that I can ignore it like I do the Tournaments.

SoggyShorts

One thing I do have an issue with though is adventure tasks asking us to have all 3 tier 1 goods buildings in our city. I know which path your FS takes is optional, but I'd personally rather see the quest ask for one each of a tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 production (matching the player's boosts) than ask us to place buildings that are effectively worthless to us. The presence of this quest seems to indicate that the developers intend for us to have non-boosted goods buildings in our cities, despite the overall design of the game strongly urging us away from doing so. Is this true?

Exactly, it would be way better if the quest asked for just one type of good. The plankers in your FS are in charge of making wooden figurines or luxury arm chairs, and your marble players make statues or w/e it is marble makes etc. Asking 1 player to make all 3 is bad.

Sir Squirrel

Its only bad for new players that don't know about boost, once you know that boost only is better you just build one of each level one of your non boost to help get the badges. As for planning, all that needs planning is the path you are going to take, then members can look ahead and pick what badges they want to do. Your badges are saved once you get them, so you can use them later if you can't use them at the check point you are at. You can find what badges you have on the top of the map page, the icon that looks like a check point (way point?). Ambassadors, mages and archmages can pick the next way to go at a way point or (cross road) I guess its called as far as I have seen. So far our FS is enjoying this new feature!!

Last edited: