• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

Buttrflwr

I seriously doubt that they are listening. Huge feedback was given on the Herds event and yet, exactly the same thing is happening here. I am also going to call BS on this. Even with no feedback from players it should be blindingly obvious that the amounts required are too high. A matter of common sense. And if any of the feedback actually made a difference, the amounts would be lower this time as it is in fact the future event during which changes were supposed to be made. If the quests were actually thought through, there would be no need for changes after the event starts.

Come on Inno, dazzle us with something fun and fresh. We are really bored with going around in the same old circle.

I think that the fact that this event came out soooo soon after the herds fiasco shows that they already had it programmed, so indeed had no time to actually re-program it. I would have just scrapped it completely with all the negative feedback from herds, but I am sure they had to have something to show for the hours they spent on the masquerade, so couldn't dump it. I personally am choosing not to participate in this event here on beta, but 'may' do it on live, depending upon how much mana it gives me in woodelves. We'll see. I doubt if it is going to be worth it in reality, so will probably just skip it there as well. We will indeed see if they are listening when the NEXT event(s) come out. Who knows, stranger things have happened. ;)

Dony

King of Bugs
regardless of everything this was the easiest event yet, more like this pls, easy, fast, no time consuming

SoggyShorts

regardless of everything this was the easiest event yet, more like this pls, easy, fast, no time consuming
for a small fraction of players that are at a specific point in the game
I too have an account that will complete it within 5 minutes. Just finished S&D, have 14 expansions of space to place 36 extra steel 6 extra planks and 6 extra marble. That doesn't make the event great or easy, just easy for me on that account.

My complaints about the event aren't selfish ones, as I will have no problems doing it, but I like to think about other players when providing feedback. 0.02% of players use the forums (according to marindor I think) so I try to be the voice of everyone in my fellowships.

DeletedUser802

One minute instants is just taking the P out of us methinks!!
Whatever bright spark thought up that idea needs a slap if they think that is somehow a reward for completing a quest.
The end reward buildings are quite attractive and the fact that they help with mana makes them kinda OK...but it's getting beyond a joke with the amount of goods we have to give up along the way.

I honestly have to agree. I love the look of the Masquerade Special Event Buildings, and will try to get them, but that is a separate issue.

My main problem is with the "boots" that are being offered as rewards. Really , who in the world thought this nonsense up? Boosts of 1 minute, 3 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes? What kind of reduction is that to any production run? I regularly wait 24 hours for production runs, both for supplies and goods, it will hardly be a trial to my patience to wait an additional 10 minutes. And having a 24 hour production run "reduced" by a paltry handful of minutes is not a reward, it is an insult. Reduction "boosts" should be in hours, not minutes. Anything else is a sorry joke. What exactly did the designers think players would think of getting supposed "reductions" of 1 minute or 7 minutes? That is just ridiculous. Such a "boost" is not even worth the time it would take to use it. Even if I stacked all of the so-called "boosts" I have gotten as rewards, the full reduction for all of them put together would be about 29 minutes total. Wow. I am underwhelmed. I realize that the designers really don't want to give players any rewards that are decent, but this is just insulting.

Additionally, I think the amount of goods being demanded in the quests are getting far too high. Even for players who's cities are very advances, and who have a lot of goods stockpiled, giving up many tens of thousands of goods, over and over, in return for no reward, and just advancing another step in the Event, is getting out of hand. Losing that many goods for no return is frustrating, even for those of us who have the goods on hand. And what about the players who don't have enormous stocks of goods? You might get by if you have a very active Trading Market, but suppose you don'!? I can see the Event demanding goods, but not so many. In fact, I think that many of the demands of the last couple of Special Events are getting out of hand.

I like the Special Events, and I love the Special Event buildings, but they just keep increasing and increasing the quest demands until it is becoming a real burden, and not worth the time or effort.

Calenmir

I am rather late to this thread so likely everything I'm going to complain about has already been said, but I need to get it off my chest.

First, REALLY??? A new event. My rather smallish city has barely, well that's an overstatement, HAS NOT recovered from the last event. I know what the motive behind this is, but I'm still going to say that you need to consider, if you are offering a game for free, then you need to ALWAYS CONSIDER those who want to play for free.

Second, these PAY quests are ridiculous. Who is it that decides that I MUST have a certain amount of goods available? Who thought this was a good quest?

Third, do you EVER CONSIDER small cities when you set this up? Ever? Especially as it is mere days on the heels of the last event.
Fourth, does anyone who is in charge actually read the forum? Am I just wasting my time putting down my complaints? Because they are valid complaints, yet in but a few days I will see this EXACT SAME EVENT WITH NO CHANGES being put out for the bulk of your players - the event won't even be complete on Beta before you roll it out on the live servers. So do you really care what beta players are asking and worried/complaining about? Because honestly, after the last event and now this event, it doesn't appear that you do.

Come on. It's time to start listening. The PAY quests are killing people - what idiot thought those were a good idea and who decided the amounts? So let me see - I have to get 20 of the three hour productions PLUS PAY. Now I have to get 10 of the nine hour productions PLUS PAY. And what next? Yeah, I'm not likely to complete this event because I no longer care.

While I know you can't make it a cake walk, it also shouldn't be impossible (since this is a play for free game). You really should warn folks that most likely unless they are willing to part with cash, they won't complete the quests. THAT IS A FAIR REQUEST.

Calenmir

@Ainor Not 1 of each, see image

Here's a great situation that just came up- new applicant to the FS, and they have non-boosted factories. Obviously our FS is boosted only since anything else is(was?) extremely inefficient.

How do I tell this potential new recruit that we would like to have them join us, but they will need to switch to a boosted only build--- except for the event starting Monday, then you will need them.
So delete them after?
But rebuild them for the following event?
Rinse and repeat?
Ridiculous.

Why Inno would you make the quest ask us to do one of the dumbest things you can do in a city? What's next, a quest to have no more than zero residences?

"We want to encourage trading"
"Now we want you to build non-boosted factories":rolleyes:

It's not that hard to make quests that reward progress.
"Have 2 (max level that you have unlocked) boosted factories"
"Have 5 (max level that you have unlocked) Residences"
or quests that actually encourage helping each other:
"Provide neighborly help to (10x your chapter) neighbors"
"Post (1x your chapter) trades"
"Take (1x your chapter) trades"

Ok, just saw this. And I'm done. I refuse to put up buildings to make goods that I'M SUPPOSED TO TRADE FOR. The whole point of the game is to produce your boosted goods in abundance so you can trade for your nonboost and now they are creating event quests requiring you to either build nonboosted factories or put up those worthless buildings they give as prizes - again a waste of precious space - to play in the event.

Yeah, not happening in any of my cities.

Jaxom

Ok, just saw this. And I'm done. I refuse to put up buildings to make goods that I'M SUPPOSED TO TRADE FOR. The whole point of the game is to produce your boosted goods in abundance so you can trade for your nonboost and now they are creating event quests requiring you to either build nonboosted factories or put up those worthless buildings they give as prizes - again a waste of precious space - to play in the event.

Yeah, not happening in any of my cities.

Very well stated. They want us to trade, they force us to trade and now this. I have stopped working the event in Beta and will not bother doing a single quest in my A and W world cities. And I will make sure that the people in my fellowships exactly what they are going to see if they do start the events. None of my cities have tons of room to spare to put up non-boosted goods buildings. This time they have forced me to say "Not going to do this one. No thanks!"

DeletedUser1998

Very well stated. They want us to trade, they force us to trade and now this. I have stopped working the event in Beta and will not bother doing a single quest in my A and W world cities. And I will make sure that the people in my fellowships exactly what they are going to see if they do start the events. None of my cities have tons of room to spare to put up non-boosted goods buildings. This time they have forced me to say "Not going to do this one. No thanks!"

Yep I just realized this. On Beta - not going to happen I'm finished with this one. Same on US servers - nope.
I might do it on my main EN city because I have free space to build the lvl 1 factories needed.
The rest of the quests, even the pay x goods, are not too bad, but 11 and 12 are plain stupid.

Sir Squirrel

I think after checking out how much space I need for the level 1 factories, 3 marble (6 spaces), 3 planks (6 spaces for elves 12 for humans) and 3 steel (12 spaces) total 24 spaces for elves, 30 for humans ( less if you use your boost factories you have already). I don't really see the big deal, we used to have to build tons of level one buildings for upgrade quests, workshops for the supplies quests and level one boosted factories that we would delete right after we were done with them. I am just not seeing the problem of building these factories really. Sure they will take a little bit of space, but nothing game changing, delete a culture building if you really needed space and put the prize building in the space after you win it. I know most don't build their non boosts (I don't either) but really. They are small, marble 1x2 would fit on road ends, planks for elves would as well at 2x1, the steel is 2x2 for both, and planks 2x2 for humans.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
I think after checking out how much space I need for the level 1 factories, 3 marble (6 spaces), 3 planks (6 spaces for elves 12 for humans) and 3 steel (12 spaces) total 24 spaces for elves, 30 for humans ( less if you use your boost factories you have already). I don't really see the big deal, we used to have to build tons of level one buildings for upgrade quests, workshops for the supplies quests and level one boosted factories that we would delete right after we were done with them. I am just not seeing the problem of building these factories really. Sure they will take a little bit of space, but nothing game changing, delete a culture building if you really needed space and put the prize building it the space after you win it. I know most don't build their non boosts (I don't either) but really1 They are small, marble 1x2 would fit on road ends planks for elves would as well at 2x1, the steel is 2x2 for both,and planks 2x2 for humans.
Exactly, 100% of us were building lvl1 manufactories to finish this quests in the past, the amount they produce can be neglected so it doesnt matter if you build boosted or non-boosted, with this quests they also fixed another problems you guys were pointing out, for example steel users for elfs were whining that their lvl1 manufactory is 2 times bigger then plank or marble one, with this they fixed it perfectly, everybody needs same space
and 1 more thing
1 day and 2 days production are going to be removed in upcoming months so you need to take this into account aswell

SoggyShorts

. I don't really see the big deal, we used to have to build tons of level one buildings for upgrade quests, workshops for the supplies quests and level one boosted factories that we would delete right after we were done with them.
Exactly, 100% of us were building lvl1 manufactories to finish this quests in the past
It isn't that they are particularly hard, my Beta did it in a day, and my Live city will complete the whole chain 5 minutes after I log in on Monday.

I think the problem is that it is a step backwards.
We used to complete the "100 bread" quests by building 20 level 1 workshops. This was less than ideal because the only way for inno to increase the challenge was to ask for 100, then 200, then 300 beverages/simple tools etc and it was boring.

Then inno added in a "produce xxx" supplies portion to the quests so that level 1 buildings didn't cut it anymore. This was a step forwards.(although the amounts were too high)

Quests should promote and reward progress. Just like mainline quests do. "Have 2 workshops at (max level)*" is a great example-- A quest that rewards you for improving your city. "Spend 20 KP" Another good quest that pushes you forwards.

Being asked to build non-boosted factories is bad- it does absolutely nothing to improve your city.
Same goes for the "Pay xxx " quests. These retard your growth and actually harm your progress.

The direction inno should take is to implement some of the many suggestions we have given them like "Give neighborly help to 10x(your chapter) players"
Again, I'm not saying the quests are too hard, I'm saying they could be so much better.

*To accommodate paying players this can simply be changed to "Have 2 workshops at level 21 or Have 2 magic workshops at level 8"

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

I get it and I am not saying it is a good quest only that it isn't that bad as to not do the event over, they are trying out different quests because we said we wanted different quest, not all of them are going to be winners and promote forward game movement, at least not anytime soon as far as I can see. As for the pay xxx amount of goods, if they were reasonable I would consider it payment for the reward building and I like they are supper fast if you have the goods. At least they are trying to come up with different quests to make it more interesting.

SoggyShorts

@Sir Squirrel
I agree, adding new quests is a good thing. But why rely on 5(?) guys in a room who clearly don't play the game when you can ask thousands of actual players across 21 regions what they would like? Hold a contest for best ideas on each forum, open it up to discussion. Basically the opposite of releasing it on beta 72 hours before it goes live 100% as is because " there's no time to tweak it"

Just look at the last couple posts

Soggy -- "have 2 max level workshops"
Dony--"what about players who don't have normal workshops?"
Soggy--"have 2 max level workshop or 2 level xx magic workshops"

We can figure this out for them, all they have to do is start the contest.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
we had all types of this quests in the past, not much else to test here apart from quest 11 and 12 which are just a bit of variation

I would rather have event every single week same as we have tournaments and new big feature will most likely happen often aswell so everytime i log into the game i have something to do, nobody is forcing me to do all this content, people will just do what they will want/need and thats a big plus for me, not having any content in the game is boring

SoggyShorts

we had all types of this quests in the past, not much else to test here
Exactly my point, use Beta as a Beta should be used, to test new things, and when they don't work, change them before going live.
I would rather have event every single week same as we have tournaments
I would not. The only thing keeping me (and many others) playing is the hope that the game will get even better.
Having exactly the same quests every week as they are now would just be a new thing to be bored of.

That brings me back to the idea that quests should reward you for improving your city and making progress-- everyone loves it when a quest lines up with what they should be doing anyways. A little push and incentive in that direction would be a welcome improvement.

Dony

King of Bugs
Exactly my point, use Beta as a Beta should be used, to test new things, and when they don't work, change them before going live.
apart from the fact that everything in this event works (functionality) so they dont need to do anything before it goes live, they only can note our complains or suggestions in which case it doesnt need to be delayed at all