• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

CrazyWizard

It has already been announced on the live forums so they would get blow back no matter what they do now, so they might as well let it go on. I think that the mods on the live servers should make a post as @Marindor did explaining that they didn't have time to lower the pay x amount of goods,
I like events, but even I was surprised to see an event again so soon, I just got my tier three goods back to useable amounts, lol.

I still call BS on this.
Same Soggy,

Seriously if they are on such a scedule that the cant have a dev create 30 min of overtime to fix this, then I fear for this so called "big" update.
Seriously if there scedule is that scary, and unable to be delayed by 30 min, then what kind of disaster will that become? no one can deliver good work under that kind of crazy pressure.

DeletedUser1596

It is kind of disturbing to know, that there is a guy somewhere in Innogames, that came up with the idea of reducing production time by 1 minute. And what's worse, he/she even convinced the whole game team, that it is somehow a good idea to put it into the game... as a reward.
c6e184c37df932d599fc1db174c7c7b2c8caf5400bc6b13d6865c1393f7b3122.jpg

DeletedUser1833

Unusually, the design of this event is in 2 "parts", separated by a period of time.
Will completing the 2nd "part" have a dependence on having completed the 1st "part"?
Or can the 2 "parts" be treated as 2 entirely unrelated events?

DeletedUser2099

When I first heard about time reduction I was so thrilled, I was thinking in terms of percentages. Large percentages. To discover that a time boost can be one minute is deflating when my next Main Hall upgrade in Orcs is 41 hours. I can now cut my upgrade down to 40 hours, 59 minutes, and I have to wonder who would consider that to be a "reward". Since these are one-time use, why would time boosts be worthless when the other boosts are genuinely helpful?

Good point, Maillie. Not even I as a fairly smaller player sees any benefit from 1 minute boosters. And looking at the whole variety posted by Heymrdiedier I cannot help laughing. I just see no sense in anything under 10 minutes. In other games accelerating everthing down to under 5 minutes runtime is for free, for example. And not a reward.

I think that these amount don't are set separately for each chapter, but by an algorithm. It need change this for change the quests...

I fully agree about the algorithm - every programmer who would work with given numbers for each quest in various chapters has failed on choosing his/her profession. And exactly that's why I don't buy the excuse that there is no time to fix it. Adapting an algorithm slightly in just one simple parameter like amounts asked IS a quick fix and a change reflects all chapters.

And as mentioned from others already - what's the sense in rushing from one event to the next? And so little delay between Beta and live? Already last event I was quickly ahead at my 2 live servers compared to Beta. It am still small on Beta (chapter 4 during the last event) and it was so hard and draining despite some of our "biggies" sponsored me with "unfair" trades to be able to pay the amounts of goods beeing asked. And I stick with my opinion: Paying XY is unproductive and a shere waste. That's were people start to compare what they "invest" towards what they "gain" and not just do it for the fun of it. So far I loved the events but already the last one was not so much fun like it used to be and with this one I am finished here and now at quest 5. Although I like the building a lot I am not able to do it within the given timeframe without again needing help via unfair trades.

I have chosen the way of a tourney fighter and focus on producing troops. And help my guild by doing all tourneys with full power. When you do this you have less space for production units. And I thought that's what Inno wanted us to do. If I want to be a harvester I'd play Farmville. Worked great - until this paying BS came up. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

I got into this late but here are my thoughts.
  1. This is too soon after the long Herds event. I too had just gotten rid of my low-level event buildings and gotten back on track to do the "real game" again.
  2. The short time reduction instants are useless. I am in Halfling chapter and times are in hours not minutes.
  3. Quests involving production of non-boosted goods are bad. I do not have room to put those up.
  4. Nice to see a Mana-production building as a reward but honestly I haven't even placed my biggest reward from Herd yet so I am not excited about another "sort-of-nice-to-get" building. The rewards are just not game changers and so there is little incentive at my point in the game.
  5. I will probably quit the event once I complete the boosted-goods tasks unless I can somehow get an expansion to put the no-boosted buildings in. Yeah, they are small and should not be a problem but there just is not room to put in stuff that I do not need.
Keep trying to improve these but getting mobile up is a MUCH bigger need than additional events. When I travel this game gets left home.

Sir Squirrel

Unusually, the design of this event is in 2 "parts", separated by a period of time.
Will completing the 2nd "part" have a dependence on having completed the 1st "part"?
Or can the 2 "parts" be treated as 2 entirely unrelated events?
From what I see, it appears that the events part 1 and part 2 are just the same kind of story line with 2 separate quest lines and prizes. So I don't think not doing the first would effect you doing the second part.

SoggyShorts

Nice to see a Mana-production building as a reward but honestly I haven't even placed my biggest reward from Herd yet so I am not excited about another "sort-of-nice-to-get" building. The rewards are just not game changers and so there is little incentive at my point in the game.
The rewards from Masq Pt1&2 are 4x3 and 4x4 which makes them the same size and shape as a grape farm which is nice.

The devs also dont work in the weekends, so there really isnt any time to adjust anything at all before it goes to live :)
Right, and this kinda makes it hard to use Beta testers, doesn't it?
It's like getting a focus group together to see what people think of a TV show a few hours before you air the pilot episode.....a little too late methinks.:rolleyes:

I mean really, what's the rush? Some sort of self imposed deadline for the "big thing" coming?

SoggyShorts

@Ainor Not 1 of each, see image

masq.png

Here's a great situation that just came up- new applicant to the FS, and they have non-boosted factories. Obviously our FS is boosted only since anything else is(was?) extremely inefficient.

How do I tell this potential new recruit that we would like to have them join us, but they will need to switch to a boosted only build--- except for the event starting Monday, then you will need them.
So delete them after?
But rebuild them for the following event?
Rinse and repeat?
Ridiculous.

Why Inno would you make the quest ask us to do one of the dumbest things you can do in a city? What's next, a quest to have no more than zero residences?

"We want to encourage trading"
"Now we want you to build non-boosted factories":rolleyes:

It's not that hard to make quests that reward progress.
"Have 2 (max level that you have unlocked) boosted factories"
"Have 5 (max level that you have unlocked) Residences"
or quests that actually encourage helping each other:
"Provide neighborly help to (10x your chapter) neighbors"
"Post (1x your chapter) trades"
"Take (1x your chapter) trades"

Last edited:

DeletedUser283

ok, I agree with most of what has been said earlier :)

-"pay xxx goods" should not exceed 10% of what you have
never

-non-boosted manufactories should not be required
never

-the reward itself is nice, though, I will probably use it to replace one Arcane Library as it has better stats :)
that is, if I manage to get it, of course ;)

now why is the event in 2 parts ?
is it because they hope to fix their terrible blunder of not adjusting the "pay xxx" quests in the mean time since previous event ?

thanks @Marindor for letting us know that the complaint has been heard :)

and last but not least, a worrying question : how does this event fit into Elvenar's lore ?
this game has lots of connection with fantasy universes, but how are we supposed to take a Venitian masquerade ball - which honestly looks to me like a carbon copy of the Valentine/carnival Casanova february event on FoE :)
this is Whacky Walter all over again ...

DeletedUser1075

thank you very much @SoggyShorts
I agree, but at least it's just tier1 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, actually. Quest 11 is Tier 1. Quest 12 is Tier 2. So you have to build Tier 2 unboosted manufactories too. ***EDIT: They changed Quest 12 to be Tier 1 24h production x3 for all three manufactories. So if you build 3x of your unboosted for Quest 11, keep them for Quest 12.

Fortunately it doesn't appear to have a Tier 3 requirement. In Part 1 at least.

I may skip this event, since it seems to require a play style that I have no desire to pursue and have a lackluster reward (yes, I know, mana. Not much of it, not much culture either. Lackluster).

Seems a shame since I'm already at quest 11, but since the rewards were just downright idiotic (1 min boosts? Seriously?) I don't think I'm missing anything by ignoring this.

It's getting to the point where I should just ignore the game entirely. C'mon Inno, get your act together and start thinking this stuff through please.

DeletedUser1075

It changed, I edited my post above. Still, it means you need 3 each of the unboosted, which is still counter to how Inno constructed the game.

DeletedUser1882

Hey wait a second - I thought that Marindor said there wasn't time to change the number of goods required for the Pay Quests.

If there's not time for that, how can there be time to change the T2 non-boosted quest to a T1 non-boosted quest?

Sounds like someone was telling porky-pies.

Buttrflwr

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far, especially regarding the quest balance. Because of it, we have already planned to rework these specific quest types for future Quest Line Events. In this case however, because we have a very tight schedule with something big coming up shortly, we won't be able to adjust it in time for the Live launch of this Questline (which is already planned for next Monday). We know this is not ideal, but for now it is how it is and we will work on changes for upcoming Questlines. Thank you all for your understanding.

THANK YOU for listening, and responding. It is really good to know you hear us. :)
@innogames You REALLY don't want to know what I think about this quest. ;) :D

lika1961

@Marindor did explaining that they didn't have time to lower the pay x amount of goods, but will for the next event. I think it would help a lot for players to know that the devs are listening to feed back!

I seriously doubt that they are listening. Huge feedback was given on the Herds event and yet, exactly the same thing is happening here. I am also going to call BS on this. Even with no feedback from players it should be blindingly obvious that the amounts required are too high. A matter of common sense. And if any of the feedback actually made a difference, the amounts would be lower this time as it is in fact the future event during which changes were supposed to be made. If the quests were actually thought through, there would be no need for changes after the event starts.

Come on Inno, dazzle us with something fun and fresh. We are really bored with going around in the same old circle.