• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Players who quit the game move to the outer ring (Report inactivity to INNO)

SoggyShorts

as far as i know they are already working on this, but it will take a lot of time
But why? Is it really so hard to take the program they created for player movement and reverse it?
I mean I haven't done any programming since the 90s so I don't know anything, but it seems to me like the way player movement works is

starting furthest from the center
  1. check if active, if yes go to 2
  2. check if player movement box is checked if yes go to 3
  3. look for matching boosts hex closest to center
  4. if hex closer to center is found move player.
  5. repeat
So moving inactives should be
Starting at center
  1. check if active, if no go to 2
  2. find matching boost hex furthest from center, and move player there
Then every week run the inactive check first, followed by the active check.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

New Idea:

Players who quit the game move to the outer ring

Players who have a message in the Cityname or on the cityfield like „Quit / Game over / bye“ can be reported to INNO“. The aim of this procedure is to get free space for new players in the active region or to move active players in this region

INACTIVITY CAN BE COSTLY
Be wary of leaving your kingdoms unattended for Elvenar's demolition squad might appear if inactive for 30 days. Inactivity and unwillingness to help your teammates is the reason for being removed from our fellowship but there is another more drastic step taken to rid those elves and humans who are not visiting Elvenar. It is one of Elvenar’s most absolute Game Rules. “Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.” The only reason for not refunding premium purchases (Diamonds) would be if you did something very naughty.

Accounts do get closed for being inactive. I know because I introduced my son to Elvenar and one day he tried to login only to find out his account was closed and his city was gone. I warned him but did he listen? Nooooo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

Yep, but not if they have 200+ diamonds, are in chapter 4+, or have an average building level of 4+
Hence the massive number of abandoned cities.

My son did have many diamonds left on his account. He wasn't in Chapter 4 yet but because he did not login for over 30 days, his account was closed. Curious, what do you do with the diamonds left on your account? Do you use them if you decide to start up another city or are you sent a check for the amount of money you spent purchasing these diamonds?

Heymrdiedier

My son did have many diamonds left on his account. He wasn't in Chapter 4 yet but because he did not login for over 30 days, his account was closed. Curious, what do you do with the diamonds left on your account? Do you use them if you decide to start up another city or are you sent a check for the amount of money you spent purchasing these diamonds?

If he purchased diamonds, he wont be removed. If however he got diamonds by ingame rewards, those dont count.
If thats not how it went, i suggest you contact support.

DeletedUser1163

I am close to actives now so why should I be moved for maybe 5 Elvenar players that are not active? Move them, not me.

SoggyShorts

I am close to actives now so why should I be moved for maybe 5 Elvenar players that are not active? Move them, not me.
I don't think you understand how player movement is supposed to work.
If all active players are moved towards the middle, then all active players will be near active players.
If all active players choose to not move, then it won't work, and active players will remain scattered across the map.
If some active players choose to not move, they will be left all alone where they are when the actives move away from them towards the middle.

Deleting inactives is simply not enough in a game like this. Take my area as an example. Just had a major clearing, and now I have 72/152 cities turned into coins. Those 72 will eventually fill up with new players, 80% will be 1 day wonders, 10% will be casuals that never discover me, 5% will be players that discover me in a few months, and maybe 5% will actually discover me and return visits. No thanks. I'd rather move towards established active players.

DeletedUser1163

Thanks for explaining about moving players on the World Map to active positions. I am very happy where I am now. All my neighbors are active and trade with me every single day. I'll put up 7 pages of trades and the next day they've all been taken. There are only 5 cities turned into coins. I would say that's a pretty good neighborhood to be in.

DeletedUser607

there is actually no need to delete any inactive players as it it done now. just put them into cold storage.

how it is done? a script checks for inactivity every 24h (let's say 5am or so, when the servers load is low). a inactive player then gets removed from the map, with his whole city saved "in cold storage". later, if the player logs in again, the city will get placed on a new location.

essentially, it's the same thing as brummbear suggested, with the difference, that the inactive city does not get a coordinate assigned, until he shows up again.

SoggyShorts

I think 24h would be rather harsh. I know I wouldn't want to lose my spot that fast.
All the devs need to do is continue deleting inactives, and also remove protected cities.
The rule that any city that has spent diamonds, or reached chapter 4 will never be deleted is the problem. Fix that and player movement will work wonderfully.

All my neighbors are active and trade with me every single day.
All? I can't imagine how awesome it would be if I got 155 visits a day from my neighbors instead of 8. That would be an extra 15 million coins every day, and I could fill my supplies from zero just by returning visits! If you aren't exaggerating, I'm very envious of your position.

DeletedUser118

I think 24h would be rather harsh. I know I wouldn't want to lose my spot that fast.
All the devs need to do is continue deleting inactives, and also remove protected cities.
The rule that any city that has spent diamonds, or reached chapter 4 will never be deleted is the problem. Fix that and player movement will work wonderfully.

I don't think the 24 hours are meant as the time of inactivity but for the system to check for players which are gone for an x amount of time so they can be taken off the map and frozen in till the city gets activated again. I would support this idea BUT there are a few things that need to be considered.

• Once a player reactivates its city it cannot be placed randomly on the map but needs the same surrouding provinces again because of the boosts. Is this always possible?
  • I highly doubt we will have enough active cities to fill the entire map and I also highly doubt we are currently getting enough new players to replace the old. That means after a while there will be gaps, at least on the outside. Is that really wanted?
  • And less available cities mean less coins for those seeking for them through neighborly help. Even though we have the mines to replace them.

DeletedUser607

exactly.

even if the script looks for 3 weeks inactivity, it might be a good idea to have it running once a day, just to keep the load low.

because I currently see the devastating effect of the inactives removal script on DE1, where it did not run for over 3 months, and now 90% of my neighbors are just gone.

have it once a day, and remove those pretty quickly, who've quit playing.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey folks! Due to privacy rules we've had to delete some posts from this thread and also remove some quotes from others, where deleted material was quoted.

DeletedUser1163

All? I can't imagine how awesome it would be if I got 155 visits a day from my neighbors instead of 8. That would be an extra 15 million coins every day, and I could fill my supplies from zero just by returning visits! If you aren't exaggerating, I'm very envious of your position.

They ALL don't trade every day but most do. I spend about 30 minutes once or twice a week, if I have the time, and aid every single player in my neighborhood. A majority of my neighbors return the favor. Thanking a few of your neighbors for picking up all your trades helps them to remember you, and it feels good to know you're appreciated. Sometimes I do get a wee bit annoyed when my neighbors pick up all my trades because my fellowship doesn't get a chance to do so. Wish we could have a button like the one in Forge of Empires. A button you could check when you want trades to go Only to your Fellowship.