• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Charming Tree Questline Event

DeletedUser

I'm third on the beta ... do not worry I know how to play ...
I don't have the resources to do the tournaments for the moment and I do not fight ...
My problem is : ... how to earn 24 relics and discover 24 territories without
do the tournaments and without having time to discover 3 provinces ?
or more if i want to discover other provinces for gain relics
Impossible ..
For the three treasure chests per day I know ... and it is not always relics that we wins

The trick is that the quests are not distributed ... the two biggest ones are at the end and it's not cool

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I'm third on the beta
Yeah, and I imagine you have very long scout times. I would think it's very hard to balance the quests for both relatively new players (of which there are many) and the top 1%.
To be honest though, I don't see why anyone would even want the prize after chapter 8 since there's no mana- I'll just be doing the event on Live for something to do.

DeletedUser1025

My problem is : ... how to earn 24 relics and .... without
do the tournaments and without having time to discover 3 provinces ?

In the usual quest "solving the encounter", the tournament encounters do not count (unless there has been a change recently). So it leaves me with scouting 3 provinces (in my case 3x 65 hours or so:).
Why bother us with extra icons on the screen if the events are not doable for all players??? I am not "top", my position is around 200! I like events for the challenge but I hate to get to the end and find out that I cannot finish it.

SoggyShorts

So it leaves me with scouting 3 provinces (in my case 3x 65 hours or so:).
Why bother us with extra icons on the screen if the events are not doable for all players?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3x65 = 195h or 8 days, and the event is 14 days long, so as long as you find out about the last quest in the first week it's still doable even in your extreme case.

DeletedUser1025

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3x65 = 195h or 8 days, and the event is 14 days long, so as long as you find out about the last quest in the first week it's still doable even in your extreme case.
Good point! I wonder where you put the sleep in though. In my case, it is 9 days:)
You still need to add that scouting a province is another quest (+ another 65 hours, 3 days) and gaining 24 relics prior to doing the 8-day scouting means that the tournament has to be on at the crucial time. Right now we have about 3 days of waiting.
Not mentioning 24 hour production (1 day), spell production and the technology research, which, in my case, takes over 100 kps ....
Sadly, unless you know the quests ahead and start at the right time in relation to the tournament, I see no point for advanced players.

SoggyShorts

@torchII
Fair points, I didn't mean to imply that it would be easy, but imo the game should be harder for advanced players. Also If you have scouted so far out that your scouts take 3 days, you must have far more expansions than the average player which should be giving you advantages over them.

I really like the events in general, and always keep a couple provinces open and scouted just in case. I even make sure I have a little space I can use to make extra level 1 factories or workshops. While this might slow me down by a very small degree, it certainly paid off during the winter event, so I'm sticking with it.

For the top players that are trying to maintain rank, every square counts, and they may have to choose between filling every available space and events. On the other hand, I don't really see any event prizes in top cities anyways. I'd be shocked if a top 100 player put the Charming tree in their city. With no mana on it I won't even be placing it in my chapter 10 cities, and i'll just doing the event for fun.

DeletedUser1025

@torchII
Fair points... .
I was, indeed, mainly making the point and feed-back that these events are not meant/designed for advanced players at all.
On the other hand, the advanced players deal with enormously long waiting periods (constructions take over 14 hours, scouting 3 days, production of basic settlers' goods takes 5 - 20hours!) and there is not much in the game to fill the time with. This has been pointed out over the time on the forum quite a few times and I (wrongly) assumed that the small events are a response to that. I did not bother with the small events so far very much but the game is really dragging more and more. If I did not play on the live servers too, I would not be playing anymore.
Re: the scouted provinces - we were advised not to scout too many. Here comes an event which pushes the players into doing just the opposite. It seems strange.
Lastly, with all the provinces scouted I still have a job to find a space for the faculty buildings and the higher level campus and I could not go on with the chapter X with less space. I have hardly placed any of the premium buildings received so far and I only have 5 out of 16!!! available ancient wonders built. (The whole topic of ancient wonders has been discussed elsewhere on the forum).

SoggyShorts

these events are not meant/designed for advanced players at all.
I agree, but more so because the rewards aren't that great in the later chapters. For example a Glossy Garden is way better than a residence in the chapter when you get it, but a CH 10 res is pretty much the same as a CH9 GG. So unless you just got into chapter 9 at the time the reward is offered, you only get a few weeks of use from it. Prizes either need to give mana, or be 2 chapters "ahead" to remain relevant and to be worth going for
there is not much in the game to fill the time with. .......and I (wrongly) assumed that the small events are a response to that.
Yeah it would be awesome if the quests were more dynamic and engaging. Sending out a scout to complete a quest doesn't help with the boredom at all.
we were advised not to scout too many. Here comes an event which pushes the players into doing just the opposite.
Also AW like the crystal lighthouse give bonuses based on provinces cleared, and now Divine Seeds production is directly linked to provinces cleared as well. Mixed messages indeed.
I only have 5 out of 16!!! available ancient wonders
This I think is a good thing. Really the only difference between cities that are in the same chapter is which wonders they have chosen to build. If there was room for all wonders, then choice wouldn't matter.

DeletedUser1767

Didn't it actually start last Tuesday for us, not last Monday? (Or I am making that up?)

DeletedUser1095

In the usual quest "solving the encounter", the tournament encounters do not count ... So it leaves me with scouting 3 provinces (in my case 3x 65 hours or so ) . Why bother us with [events] that are not doable for all players??? I am not "top", my position is around 200! I like events for the challenge but I hate to get to the end and find out that I cannot finish it.

Emphatic +1. Surprising players with an insurmountable barrier at the very end of the quest line is just nasty. Either change it to something doable within the allotted time (and without advance knowledge of what the quests are) or just drop the whole "event". Two provinces-worth of encounters would be enough (unless you fix it so that tournament encounters count).

lika1961

A lot of players on the other servers are complaining about the last two quests. Particularly people who need orcs but don't have them unlocked yet. An event should be achievable for most players. That is the point of a reward. It is surprising that with so many possibilities the devs can't come up with something that makes players feel engaged instead of making some feel excluded. And very disappointing that we have to keep reminding them why that is a bad thing.

DeletedUser1163

Charming Tree

Sadly I’ve decided, for the health of my troops, not to participate anymore in these events until the rulers of Elvenar give us an alternative option when asked to Solve numerous Encounters. I am up to the last quest. Stocked up on goods only to find out that when I tried to negotiate, I needed Orcs. The guest race that has just arrived in my city are the hard-working Dwarves. Maybe the Dwarves scared off the Orcs because there are no Orcs to be found, except a few in my fellowship, and I am not going to offer them up for trade no matter how enticing the event reward is.

Oh, and I must mention, I am not wealthy so spending an exorbitant amount of diamonds to complete a quest is out of the question, and silly if you think about it. Don’t get me wrong, I do spend diamonds if I’ve saved up enough in my budget to afford to without cutting into the bills we Humans need to pay each month in the “real world”.

In the past before the new Battle System change, I was able to complete Provinces. The Dwarven Chapter shows Provinces Completed: 157/160 and that came about because I was able to negotiate. Since the change, I have not been successful battling the province creatures. Now it seems I will not be able to negotiate because Orcs need to be traded. If the requirement for negotiating includes Orcs, why didn’t the Orcs Chapter come first before the Dwarven Chapter?

If this game starts forcing me to purchase diamonds in order to advance further, my days of exploring Elvenar will come to an abrupt stop. The Sims 4 is starting to peek my interest again. That’s where you will find me if the game developers do not start helping its loyal fans.

DeletedUser1163

Thank you Soggy Shorts for your advice. I did expand like a starfish when Elvenar first was discovered. That was before the new Battle System slowed us down. I was able to unlock the Dwarven Chapter because the Provinces Completed were 157/160. Thought I still had a chance to complete the last quest “Solve 24 Encounters” when I found a Planks Province with 4 Encounters. Orcs are not required for trade in this province. To negotiate for those 4 Encounters, it would cost me: 8800 Planks, 16,730 Gems and 4810 Silk. It will be more than that after diminishing returns increase each time you pay. That’s only 4 Encounters. This last quest calls for 24 Encounters. So unfair.

Considering I will not be able to complete the last quest, I decided to trade goods to help others who have no choice but to negotiate. Why can’t the game developers give us an alternative option when asked to Solve Encounters? Some of us have only just unlocked the Dwarven Chapter (Chapter 6), so we cannot negotiate to trade Orcs because that research is in the Orcs and Goblins Chapter (Chapter 8).

SoggyShorts

It will be more than that after diminishing returns increase each time you pay.
That's not a thing. The cost to negotiate an encounter is set in stone once you scout that province, and nothing will change it.

@Electra Firestorm
To be clear, you can complete the last quest.
If you have only cleared 157 provinces, that means there are 65 provinces still available that do not require orcs.
You just have to scout the ones closest to your city.

Edit: forgot I was on beta forum. There's probably not enough time to scout 3 provinces now, 13 days into a 14 day event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

That's not a thing. The cost to negotiate an encounter is set in stone once you scout that province, and nothing will change it.

@Electra Firestorm
To be clear, you can complete the last quest.
If you have only cleared 157 provinces, that means there are 65 provinces still available that do not require orcs.
You just have to scout the ones closest to your city.

Edit: forgot I was on beta forum. There's probably not enough time to scout 3 provinces now, 13 days into a 14 day event.

Aye, I ran out of time when I realized there might be more provinces that don't trade Orcs. Not sure what you mean when you say "the cost to negotiate an encounter is set in stone once you scout that province, and nothing will change it." I check each sector in a province first to see if I can negotiate instead of paying diamonds. A few times I've written down the costs to negotiate each individual sector so I can head over to the trader and post some trades. After negotiating and taking one sector, I've noticed when I try negotiating another sector in the same province, the cost for goods change. Just like the cost for diamonds changes when you pay for each sector, it becomes more and more expensive each sector you take. Darn those diminishing returns.

SoggyShorts

I've noticed when I try negotiating another sector in the same province, the cost for goods change.
I just finished testing this on 3 complete provinces, and at no point did the costs change in any of the 24 encounters. How sure are you that this has happened to you?

Last edited: