• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Communication [Communication] Notification Screen Overhaul

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashrem

Perhaps not poking, but it would be really nice if we could request a quarterly update as to whether the devs have accepted it as a good idea or rejected it for various reasons and we need to find a different suggestion.

Bringing this up again because a game that relies on social interactions for part of its mechanism needs a better way of handling notifications. I'm not saying this is the best idea, I'm saying we need feedback from the development team about whether it is possible and/or being considered, not letting it languish. I've mostly stopped posting long lists of small trades because they cause the notifications I need to scroll off into oblivion when I still need to see them. We need a longer list or a better list for notifications, and I think it's not unreasonable for us to request an update after 9+months

SoggyShorts

it would be really nice if we could request a quarterly update
I just linked this in a thread on Live asking for these features again.
It's kinda lame to tell an excited new player that they have a great idea, and we all very much support it, just like we did back in November.....of 2016.....:(

Heymrdiedier

I just linked this in a thread on Live asking for these features again.
It's kinda lame to tell an excited new player that they have a great idea, and we all very much support it, just like we did back in November.....of 2016.....:(

Theres a queue of things that need to get done, but i have no idea of how long that queue is. :)
We all know that there is still work on the mobile part, but we've always been told, that the mobile part is done by other people so the normal developers can still do their normal tasks. It makes me wonder what exactly they are working on all the time :) from gamefiles i can see the next guestrace is as good as finished (even before elementals were released) so they must be working on something big.
Me personally i hope the Blueprint use is somewhere high in that queue, but somehow i doubt it :)

SoggyShorts

Theres a queue of things that need to get done
so they must be working on something big.
I feel like they could work more on small things inbetween..... Like Fridays could be small improvement day, and plug a few hours into blueprints, or broken rune shard bar. I mean we can hold 10 now, how hard exactly would it be to change that to 20?
They said they are planning to make blueprints usable to upgrade event buildings. How different is that from when they added that feature to magic residences and workshops?
Sure a notifications overhaul is bigger than those, but it's not like they need to invent it from scratch, it already exists in thousands of of other games, and they can start small --just separate trades from the rest, and come back to it later to add AW notices etc.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I really believe that if they spent xx% more time on small improvements the playerbase would be happier even if that meant that big things took the same xx% longer to be released.

It's not like they can't monetize things like the blueprints improvement either-- just add a diamond option to upgrade event buildings if you have zero blueprints: poof more money for inno.

Alcaro

There's no need to "poke" ideas that have already been approved. Once they've been approved, they've been forwarded and the rest is up to our Game Team :)

apparently is needed. Years are gone since this thread was opened and nothing came out of this approval. At least would have been nice to get an update about what happened with this idea. Was it tossed in the garbage bin? Was it put aside and mistakenly forgot about it? An answer would be nice and polite to get.

Last edited:

Ainor

Innogame developers:
1618050489537.png

elvenar players:
1618050545211.png

Alcaro

Tbh better search for another game at this point after Phoenix artifact lottery and all other scandals
I am not looking for another game atm but I lost all the enthusiasm and joy for this game. I stay as long as my friends stay. If they find something new and enjoyable then we will probably leave en masse.

HULK

It's already happening (that more and more players stop). The scroll problem alone has existed for how long? Then the negative development in the tournament and tower, where what should simplify things now makes things more difficult. Endgamers lose more and more the joy of the once so beautiful game and if you look at everything about chapter 18 and read through, then you only ask yourself whether developers actually play this game themselves.

Lovec Krys

@HULK We know that at least one of them plays, but he was Wood Elves chapter, so maybe now somewhere between Wood Elves and Halfings.
Who knows if anyone of them plays end-game chapters and if so, probably non-hardcore (like first floor of the Spire & 1000 tournament).

SoggyShorts

@HULK We know that at least one of them plays, but he was Wood Elves chapter, so maybe now somewhere between Wood Elves and Halfings.
Who knows if anyone of them plays end-game chapters and if so, probably non-hardcore (like first floor of the Spire & 1000 tournament).
It's not an indie company, none of the developers are passionate about the game, it's just a job.
I can't imagine that any of them want to spend any time on it when they are not getting paid, and how much time at work are they supposed to spend playing?
Think about how long it would take to get from chapter 1 to the end with only logging in a few times for a few minutes from 9-5 each day only 5 days a week and never on the many German holidays.
I'd be shocked if any of them have ever reached the end of the last chapter.
The only possible way is if they used massive amounts of diamonds in which case they don't actually know what the game is like anyways so it's a useless test.

Last edited:

HULK

As long as I have the option for more in the game, you should test it extensively or play it yourself to judge. This is my opinion. You make it happen, but you don't really test it yourself.

Alcaro

sooo, they know about this issue from 2016 and absolutely nothing was done. In the meantime we got thousands and thousands of notifications from the Merchants (ch.18 and ch.19 .. soon also ch.20), the visits through Notifications is practically 100% impossible.

SoggyShorts

sooo, they know about this issue from 2016 and absolutely nothing was done. In the meantime we got thousands and thousands of notifications from the Merchants (ch.18 and ch.19 .. soon also ch.20), the visits through Notifications is practically 100% impossible.
Ah yes, we just passed the 5th anniversary of the first official suggestion to be forwarded to the developers.
*wipes nostalgic tear from eye*
Feels like just yesterday that we asked for a notification upgrade. Wait.... it was yesterday? :oops: