• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.25 and the Tournaments rebalancing. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Please see our answer on some of the feedback/questions you've given us:

The "Did you know" block should get a darker background - Letters are too hard to read.
Thank you, done!

The images of the characters in the loading screen look deformed
Thank you for that feedback, we will look into it.

Players get way less KP and Relics while that is mainly what they do tournaments for. Especially newer players need these resources. Players don't care much about spells and not even really about the broken shards.
The old tournament rewards were kind of broken, and therefore we had to make changes. The AWs were not much of a valuable feature in Elvenar, but with the upcoming AW rebalancing, the broken shards will also become more valuable with that. The goal is to get the broken shards to be “the reward players want”, since AWs will become significantly more useful. We are also working on other rewards (like more appealing spells) but they are not ready yet. We will implement them as soon as they are. To tell you the truth: When we initially made the tournaments, we didn’t have the technical possibilities to give out the rewards we wanted to, so instead we gave out “mediocre” rewards in big numbers. And that is doing damage now, so we have to change that.

With taking away the KP and Relics, you're tempting us to overscout again to get these resources from the World Map. Tournaments were a substitute for that. With changing KP and Relics for Broken Shards and Spells, you're taking that away.
It is indeed still possible to gain Relics and KP this way, but it will take quite a bit longer to reach your goals. We are aware of these issues and are working on improving the situation on the World Map.

The comment on not needing round 6 was misleading but round 6 is definitely needed because if you struggle to get people to go to rounds 4-6 you can bet you ain't going to get them to do 8 provinces especially for traders and especially with escalating costs/losses.
Of course you still need enough people if you want to get the 10th chest without doing any of the 6th level provinces. Before it wasn’t possible at all without doing at least some 6th levels, now it is. It is definitely not easy to reach the 10th chest, though. And neither should it be.

In the Release Notes it was stated that the tournaments would be more in balance for traders vs fighters, but we see now that catering costs (especially goods) have increased significantly and needed squad sizes have sometimes even quadroupled.
The size depends completely on the player’s progress. For some players it can indeed mean that they got way bigger squad sizes, but for others it has been lowered significantly. It’s impossible to make this calculation by comparing it to the previous system.

We will now always ask for a significant number of troops, depending on the player’s progress. Before we could have the case that a new player couldn’t participate because the tournaments asked for way too many units, and advanced players would be able to participate without paying any significant number of units at all. Now, this is more balanced, but that of course doesn’t mean “more easy”.

Also, costs don’t “explode” as much as they did before – the costs increase way more gradually now. So especially the later levels are relatively cheaper.

There's a major issue with the new battle AI. See this post for some examples.

This indeed doesn't sound right and we will definitely look into it. Thank you for sharing.

"The size depends completely on the player’s progress." Could you explain this a little further? If it is based on Squad Size techs, which are partly optional, this means I could just make a new account skip all the optional ones, and have an way easier tournament then I have now.
In the tournaments it indeed depends on your squad size displayed in the barracks. The remark you make is true:
It is the case. But we already know about that and it could be that we will change it.

Besides that, skipping the optional squad size upgrades will make your normal progress harder in exchange. So it’s not the “perfect” solution for easier tournaments.

If the new rewards are especially based on the rebalancing on Ancient Wonders, we'd strongly advise to implement them together on the Live servers or wait with the tournament reward rebalancing until the AW rebalancing has been implemented on Live.
Technically it is not possible to postpone the Tournament Rebalancing anymore. Nevertheless, it is already the right solution to change the rewards of the Tournament first and THEN implement the Ancient wonder rebalancing. It would be worse the other way around. There is no way we can influence that right now.

What exactly will the AW rebalancing look like? Because as it is now, we need large amount of relics to upgrade our ancient wonders, and also to boost our goods production.
The Ancient Wonder rebalancing will make the Ancient Wonder bonusses relative and not absolute anymore. Currently Ancient Wonders give fix bonusses or amounts of stuff. That means that those might be powerful for lower players but not worthy anymore for higher chapter players.

So from the deploy day on the bonusses will be relative to different values ingame. For example the “x number of supplies” Ancient Wonders will change to “% percent of the supply storage” or the “X amount of coins” Ancient Wonders will give “x percent of the coins storage”. This way, the Ancient Wonder will always give a relatively good amount depending on your game progress (in this case Main Hall level).

Possible other bonusses can be:

- “x percent of working population” instead of fixed number of population
- “x percent of required culture” instead of fix number of culture.
- “x percent of current squad size” instead of fix number of BLM units
- And a few more.

This rebalancing is not really about changing the amount of relics you need to upgrade or the needed KP etc.

The ease for which spells can be obtained devalues the Magic Academy significantly along with reduced relics to fuel it. My MA sits idle a lot of the time which isn't a great use for it, even Timon said to delete inactive buildings for space in the recent Q&A. Are there plans to add value back to the MA or make it so we can delete it?
We are currently thinking about a new kind of inventory/spell system that includes the use of the Magic Academy. More news will follow when the plans are more concrete.

Also the MA was extremely hard to use at the time it is received for new players when space is at a premium and relics are in very low supply. Combined with hard world map expansion and now increased catering costs for those towns (most effective way for tournaments in that era). This building/tech should be reviewed when it is available in the tech tree and potentially moved back an era when space and hopefully relics are in better supply. Or at a minimum move the quest for it back further as a 25 square building a player can't use at the time they get it is very painful for small towns.
We keep track of when players leave the game or when they encounter problems, also space problems, via analytics. So far there is no reason to change anything here since it seems to work out just fine so far.

Why exactly are the current prizes broken or "mediocre"? Players have said repeatedly that these "mediocre" prizes are more valuable to them and I am sure someone pointed out even the diamond prices reflect this. Will the need for KP for wonders devalue in that future update? As I don't see players value on KP lessening as long as the KP needs remain so high. It would be greatly appreciated if these reasons where explained a little more and the value of rewards.
As said earlier this week in response to your feedback: when we implemented those rewards we did it because we didn’t have the technical possibilities to give the rewards we wanted to give in the first place. Instead of postponing the whole tournament feature until about now (when we would be able to give the rewards we actually wanted to give), we decided to use the rewards that we used and gave them in high amounts, which harms the game now. Although it might not feel like it as a player, players get too much for their effort.

We know that players are used to the old tournament rewards. As usual sometimes we have to take stuff away to make the game ready for the future. Now we are able to use the rewards we wanted to give out and we do so.

Why can't the points be cumulative instead of resetting? Many people have been misled by this until they realize it resets and then they have to calculate the true points for each level manually.
Because the progress bar would look terrible in that case. For the first few chests the progress bar would just fill a little bit while the later chests would fill it very quick. Game Design wise nothing is against changing it. It just needs a new UI then because the progress bar would not work. Suggestions for improvements are welcome, as always.

Thank you for responding to our feedback. We finally get the feeling that someone's reading it and taking it serious.
Thank you for saying that. The truth is that we are already reading the player feedback since Closed Beta and have always taken it very seriously. We're working on improving the communication with you though, so you actually know we're reading it and we hope to give you a little bit more understanding about why we make certain changes, by giving you the reasons for it. We're happy to hear it's being appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1877

If I understand right, for tournament fighting, my squad size will go from 90 to 180?

DeletedUser724

surpise to know
do any 1 complaint number of encounter is 5, 6 and 7
I hear some 1 complaint number of encounter is 8
the large the squadsize , in fact, implies more loss
while i am handling
if it is 4 encounter, the 1st hit of mist-walker on my priest, my whole set of priest is gone, no chance to return fire
if it is 5 encounter, the 1st hit of mist-walker on my priest, my priest lost a lot but still strike back it is also become a target of enemy soldier, so it give me room of my-other soldier to fight
That change ( 8 to 4 ), i consider, is quite worst, if our side keep 5, number of enemy encounter range from 5 to 6 or 7, it should be ok

apart from this, I rather to have rune instead of broken shard
rune can be broken shard if it cannot be fit
if rune fit, it save us ( it is equal to 10 broken shard )

u can always break rune
e.g. the ring is completed, just do not raise the level
continue to feed rune into it if u want broken shard for another ancient wonder
as ring is completed, it then become broken shard

DeletedUser

I really like the change of the number of tournament encounters. It will save me al lot of time, and I think the tournaments will become less boring, because the Repetitiveness of it will become less.

Broken shards as a reward sounds fine, but I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to have enough storage room for it. Hope that we still can win some runes too.

Deleted User - 60107

surpise to know
do any 1 complaint number of encounter is 5, 6 and 7
I hear some 1 complaint number of encounter is 8
the large the squadsize , in fact, implies more loss
while i am handling
if it is 4 encounter, the 1st hit of mist-walker on my priest, my whole set of priest is gone, no chance to return fire
if it is 5 encounter, the 1st hit of mist-walker on my priest, my priest lost a lot but still strike back it is also become a target of enemy soldier, so it give me room of my-other soldier to fight
That change ( 8 to 4 ), i consider, is quite worst, if our side keep 5, number of enemy encounter range from 5 to 6 or 7, it should be ok
I think you are confusing things. You are talking about enemy squads in an encounter. What is being changed is the number of encounters per province, NOT the number of enemy squads per encounter.

u can always break rune
e.g. the ring is completed, just do not raise the level
continue to feed rune into it if u want broken shard for another ancient wonder
as ring is completed, it then become broken shard
No, you can't. Once the Rune Wheel for a particular AW is full you can no longer add Runes to that wheel, so you can no longer break any Runes you have for that particular AW.

DeletedUser1833

With one of our future updates, we will make it possible to receive more than your maximum amount of broken shards - given that they come from the Tournament rewards.
It would be a lot simpler - for KP rewards as well - if we could just manually Accept the rewards somehow? I realise that putting an Accept on the end-of-tournament message is a bit risky - because only 50 messages are stored - but how about on the Tournament tab?

Edit : Hmm... ok, maybe not the Tournament tab, coz then you'd only get 3 days to collect before the next tournament kicked in and you'd miss out if you were away for some reason. Rats!

CrazyWizard

Ok needed points per chest are changed to:

so if indeed the point output stays the same blueprints will be easily attainable.

for comparison it was:

I am keeping some reserve, somehow these files feel like there incorrect.
40K points in total for the last chest?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1075

So we can get broken shards but only if we clear out our existing broken shards... which we can only do by placing runes, which we can only earn (outside of the tournament) by completing provinces... but I'm way ahead of where I should be... ugh. I hope we at least get to keep some shards if our tray overfills. And I look forward to the next update where we can overfill from tournament.

Heymrdiedier

I am keeping some reserve, somehow these files feel like there incorrect.
40K points in total for the last chest?

Lets assume the devs want the same ammount of provincies played as before the change (wich was 147 to max).
Then if you indeed need 40k points for max rewards, then i wouldnt expect more then 40k/147 = 272 points for a full province.

Thats not much, and that would indeed mean only doing 5 star or 6 star wont make much difference (no more then 70 points i assume).

DeletedUser1721

I'm going to have to reserve judgement on this tournament update until I see how it plays out on my main city on live. The whole skewed resource cost that hurts with no wholesaler access might be more severe with the increased amount of resources to cater, unless it's really the same amount of resources as the previous eight provinces. As it is, it feels unhappily like now fighting is being given even more of an advantage in tournaments, because now there are updates to make fighting take less time.

Did anyone see anything in this update that would make catering and fighting equal in desirability?

DeletedUser1905

I think you are confusing things. You are talking about enemy squads in an encounter. What is being changed is the number of encounters per province, NOT the number of enemy squads per encounter.

Release notes state that army sizes have increased.

CrazyWizard

I'm going to have to reserve judgement on this tournament update until I see how it plays out on my main city on live. The whole skewed resource cost that hurts with no wholesaler access might be more severe with the increased amount of resources to cater, unless it's really the same amount of resources as the previous eight provinces. As it is, it feels unhappily like now fighting is being given even more of an advantage in tournaments, because now there are updates to make fighting take less time.

Did anyone see anything in this update that would make catering and fighting equal in desirability?

Off course you wont be able to cater yourself to mayor ranking positions, that would be weird.
They clearly stated they reduced the amount of fights to make fighting less of a pain. they want your to fight most of the times.

I love the fact that now we have only 4 fights in each province. but I will have to adjust to the squad size. need to find the new numbers where to quit.

CrazyWizard

chest rewards:

chest 1:
1 power of provision
2 relics

Chest 2:
5 kp
3 relics

Chest 3:
1 rune
1 power of provision
1 magical manufacturing

Chest 4:
1 rune
5 KP
4 relics

Chest 5:
1 rune
5 KP
1 Power of provision
1 Magical Manufacuring
1 Ensorcelled Endowment

Chest 6:
1 runeshard
10 Kp
5 relics

Chest 7:
1 rune
10 KP
1 Power of provision
1 Magical Manufacuring
2 Ensorcelled Endowment

Chest 8:
1 runeshard
10 Kp
6 relics

Chest 9:
1 rune
15 KP
2 Power of provision
2 Magical Manufacuring
1 Ensorcelled Endowment

Chest 10: The Grand Prize
1 runeshard
15 Kp
1 Blueprint

DeletedUser1721

Off course you wont be able to cater yourself to mayor ranking positions, that would be weird.
They clearly stated they reduced the amount of fights to make fighting less of a pain. they want your to fight most of the times.

I love the fact that now we have only 4 fights in each province. but I will have to adjust to the squad size. need to find the new numbers where to quit.
But see, they keep saying they want to cater to people who want to fight, and people who don't want to fight. Changes that skew tournaments in favor of people who want to fight because "they want you to fight most of the time" goes completely against that.

Dony

King of Bugs
But see, they keep saying they want to cater to people who want to fight, and people who don't want to fight. Changes that skew tournaments in favor of people who want to fight because "they want you to fight most of the time" goes completely against that.
Cater costs have been altered to keep the balance between fighters and traders.

SoggyShorts

Cater costs have been altered to keep the balance between fighters and traders.
Assuming cater costs doubled, but fighting time has been halved, only fighters got a boost(time), but that is a good thing IMO since manual fighting took way too much time before.
Don't think it will save time at all.
bigger squad sizes will result in bigger losses, sure if you use autobattle. So the possible gain will be crushed by the pain to need to play much more battles manually.
If you lose double the troops now, but only have to do half the number of fights, I don't see how you lose more troops.

DeletedUser1513

Assuming cater costs doubled, but fighting time has been halved, only fighters got a boost(time), but that is a good thing IMO since manual fighting took way too much time before.

If you lose double the troops now, but only have to do half the number of fights, I don't see how you lose more troops.

You have 6 treants, and it gets 1,5 hit. then you will have 5 treants
if you have 12 treants then it will get 3 hit, so you keep 9 treants, wich is less than the double of 5.

It's in the same way as when they ballanced the size of the treants from 12 to 6, and doubled the amount.
That wasn't a benefit, aftwards we all could notice that the damage was always bigger than before.

And do you really think that if INNO has to remove half of the armies that they will do a fair removal and remove both hard and easy armies? Everyone knows that they will remove the easy ones and only keep the hardest ones. In this game the game always got harder, so if you think INNO does this change to make your life easier, then it's just naïve!

This change is all about money (like all changes from INNO). So they want you to have more losses, and increase the group pressure from the fellowships hoping you'll spend more diamonds.