• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map [WM] New Way to Motivate (help) Neighbors

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser246

Summary
Implement a quick NH button on the World Map and in the Fellowship list.

Description
Hello, i'm from Brazilian Server, and i came here to bring to you an idea to improove the way you manage your neighbors motivation.
The actual way to do it, it's entering the player city, clicking on the "hands" and selecting the structure you want to give help.

So, i thought in something new, and very easy way to do it.
My English is not 100%, so, i'll describe with images, to explain the idea, ok ? Please, keep open mind, and any suggestion is welcome.

The Map of Neighbors will appear that way to you in this new feature:
814e598fb3a04252a00d052503be00e6.jpg

You will able to see in that picture that i put the "hands" side by side with player name, and this will have to be implemented by devs, and create a clickable button to do it.
Works like Forge of Empires, the Help button, you'll click and the game will automatically choose the structure to help.
But, my idea do not stop there.

To help with that, they could create and extra Option in ADVANCED SETTINGS, who you will able to choose what you want to receive help.
For that, here the example:
11cf1de869304b7299cac8bfa05d2caa.jpg

That way, you can choose what you want and the game will auto select your preferences.

Another example, i always prefer to receive Main Hall help only. I use a lot of coins to buy KP, so, in that way, the image will appear like that:
73de18319c7c4c728539c116ee42f1a2.jpg

For those player who wants to receive anything, or they dont have any choice, the game will auto mark those "boxes" and:

First: Will prioritize Premium Culture Structures who have higher bonus(Example: Snails, Event Culture Structures and etc) finishing with normal culture structures with smaller bonuses.

Second: If you have only 10 Snails in your city and you receive in 23 hours, 30 helps from Neighbors and FS members, the game will auto motivate those 10 Snails, and after that will put the next ones on Builder.

Third: After the builder received all the capacity of motivate, the game will change to Main Hall, because, Main Hall do not have LIMIT of helps / Motivates.

After 23 hours, when the first help on your Snail or culture finishes, the next helper will click there, and the game automatically choose this Snail who finish the timer before.

I guess that idea isn't difficult to bring to here, because Inno did that in Forge of Empires, and they probabily know the way to do it.

Every day, you have 3 treasure prizes from Neighboor help or FS help.
This will continue intact. The only thing will change is, if the player choose to set the help throught my idea, when he clicks on the "hands" button on the map, if that will grant to him the Treasure, instead you search the city, the game will automatically shows a window saying something :

"What a pleasure surprise, you found a treasure !" And will show your prize and you will click OK and close the window.

Thats it!
Thank you for reading.

Motivation
More user friendly, keeps players enganged for longer (since performing NH is a boring part of the game) plus this feature will allow players who have bad connection to make neighbourly help faster than the actual system. Will also reduce the number of memory issues and crashes.

Downsides
None, other than required dev time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1525

I like this proposal. Makes find neighbors quicker than the current small time stamp. I all like not having to spend time searching for the treasures that at time be very difficult to locate. Good job and great idea Ballantines.

DeletedUser1075

I like this. I would say that the ordering should be builder, culture, then MH. Rationale: there is a lower limit on builder than on either of the other two, and no limit on MH. So if you check MH and builder, your builder should get attention first, then your MH.

Hunting for the treasure chest is kinda annoying, and I'd love to see it replaced with a reward for activity and participation that doesn't require locating a small set of pixels three times.

SoggyShorts

The game seems to be largely balanced around neighborly visits, and when I was first moved on Oct 10 I made sure to hit all of them every day.
The last few weeks cities have been very slow to load, so I've pretty much switched to only buffing those that buff me.
I feel bad for the newer players on the edge of my discovered area that haven't found me yet--I'm sure the boost from my visits was helping, but I'm not willing to spend an hour a day doing visits.

Please please inno give this suggestion some serious consideration.

SoggyShorts

I vote for this idea too!

(Do we get any response if the develepors likes or dislikes the ideas?)
Currently there is a bit of a backlog on ideas and suggestions. A couple of mods have been combing through all of the old ideas and putting the most popular/best ones to a vote (see existing "poll" threads) If an idea reaches the poll stage it then needs 20 yes votes to be passed on to the developers.
Exactly how an idea makes it to the poll stage is unclear, but you can be sure that posting positive feedback here and getting others to do the same will have an effect.
I like this idea so much I made it the main line in my signatur:ewink:

DeletedUser1677

Currently there is a bit of a backlog on ideas and suggestions. A couple of mods have been combing through all of the old ideas and putting the most popular/best ones to a vote (see existing "poll" threads) If an idea reaches the poll stage it then needs 20 yes votes to be passed on to the developers.
Exactly how an idea makes it to the poll stage is unclear, but you can be sure that posting positive feedback here and getting others to do the same will have an effect.
I like this idea so much I made it the main line in my signatur:ewink:

Nice to know, I'll start voting :D

DeletedUser1596

Getting 20 positive votes is a bit tricky, since there are like 10 people reading this section :p

DeletedUser1657

Love the idea. The options for what to buff might need to be ordered 1,2,3 rather then a tick so a secondary option is available if the first is full.

DeletedUser651

We have been asking to make the awful despicable chore of nh easier since day one. This is the best suggestion I have seen yet. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion! If they want to make players happy, they will drop everything else they are doing and jump on this asap. Everything will be better with this!!!! Please oh please implement this!