• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Playing on Android

DeletedUser

Just a note to say that I've been testing accessing the game on Andriod using a Galaxy 4 and Puffin browser. There are a few scrolling issues but nothing that can't be worked around, and that performance isn't bad at all, certainly good enough to start off production and troop training on the move. It'd be great if you produced a mobile version, but it looks like the game works fine on a standard mobile browser. Good job :):):)

DeletedUser136

I just spent a week on vacation and could only play from my Galaxy with Puffin and I didn't have any real issues (once I remembered to put it in theater mode). Collecting and building were very smooth, as was most everything else but battles and visiting neighbors was a bit challenging simply because of the size of the screen and my old eyes :)

DeletedUser

The game is still in the closed beta. There is no Android app for FoE, therefore I think we have to wait also for a app at elvenar ;)

DeletedUser136

I think we have to wait also for a app at elvenar ;)
I can play both FOE and Elvenar using the Puffin browser (or a few other ones). It has cloud flash so you get the full game... not just an app that has limits. The only downside is the game is a complete data hog playing that way :p

I'm finally getting used to the tiny little game cursor so battles are possible if I go very, very slowly. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I heard you, but I wanna highlight that a app is highly improbable (right now) ;)

DeletedUser

There is no Android app for FoE, therefore I think we have to wait also for a app at elvenar ;)

As FoE and also Elvenar are FLASH-BASED the problem is less that there Android apps don't exist , it's more the problem that newer Android versions don't support (Adobe-)Flash because there is no 'agreement' ( $ + $ + $ ...) between Google and Adobe, like an $$$- agreement between Apple and Adobe ...

If you want to use Adobe-Flash on such devices you need to install the support Adobe-Flash by your own - for example buy installing an Android-browser which supports Adobe-Flash (eg. Puffin or others ...)

The good news are, that this might work, the bad news are that this isn't free: normally you have to pay for the Adobe-Flash-Support-Extension for Android.

It seems that Android system providers (like Google, CyanogenModetc.) will go their 'own way' without Adobe-Flash also in the future, and almost all, with the exception of pure flash-based 'applications', is working and will work.

So the question 'when' Android apps of FoE, Elvenar etc. will come, can be answered with: they will come when games are programmed which are not flash-based ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

As in different forums announced, a app is still in development. You have different oppertunities to program a android app, also if they are flash based. How and when our devs release the app, we'll see asap.

DeletedUser

The good news are, that this might work, the bad news are that this isn't free: normally you have to pay for the Adobe-Flash-Support-Extension for Android.

puffin is free to use, within certain times (i think it's 6am - 6pm UK time) outside that time there is a fee payable for the unlimited use version

DeletedUser

puffin is free to use, within certain times (i think it's 6am - 6pm UK time) outside that time there is a fee payable for the unlimited use version

Sounds like the slogan of the Super-Market 'X' located on the city-border: 'Use our delivery service at you home - first 32 cm free' :)

DeletedUser136

'Use our delivery service at you home - first 32 cm free'
Lol... yeah, it's kinda like that.

I have the full, no limit version and I paid one time $4.99 USD (long before this game ever started). There are probably other flash browser options that are always free and also work. Or just wait for the app... :D

DeletedUser

I played Elvenar in my S4 with Puffin on theater mode. Collecting resources was no problem. To put a new building was very hard. Will probably get the full version of puffin when I will get a new phone next month.