• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Feedback Halloween Event

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

As announced here, we started testing our Halloween Event today! Please let us know what you think about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser118

So Mr. Pumpkin wants to have some scary fun with us, ey? Ok, we'll take care of that.

Though, wouldn't it be more matching to have a Halloween Event actually running till its really Halloween?

Dony

King of Bugs
So Mr. Pumpkin wants to have some scary fun with us, ey? Ok, we'll take care of that.

Though, wouldn't it be more matching to have a Halloween Event actually running till its really Halloween?
shouldnt be a problem on live servers :)

DeletedUser1627

so you don't have update the wiki with the event of wonky walters
you don't have update the wiki with the woodelves
And now you make a new event?! x) The wiki never will be update anymore? XD

This is halloween so I never want to let you sleeping quietly! You will be haunted forever with this absolute question!
(demon laugh x))

DeletedUser1095

What does "dwine" mean? (in the quest requiring 5 beverages)

DeletedUser1767

What does "dwine" mean? (in the quest requiring 5 beverages)
All sources I can check are claiming it means something like "wither, weaken, languish," nowadays chiefly restricted to Scottish dialect.

DeletedUser118

My suggestion would be "divine" but as I cannot recall the exact sentence anymore its really a wild guess. :)

DeletedUser1095

The full sentence was something like "bring me what I want before you dwine", so I reckon Midnightsidhe's interpretation is what's meant - thank you. I think the quest writers should reconsider; it's awfully obscure.

Meanwhile, will we be able to put the final prizes back into our inventories after building them if we want to store them? They're very large for such seasonal items. If they can't be stored, can you think about making them smaller? Please and thank you

DeletedUser

All events are run through early on Beta for bug hunting so the finished bug...cough!... free event can run the on live servers at the right time.
No doubt it will be christmas soon on Beta............ho ho ho!! :p

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont like the fact that people who are already in chapter 9 will get cultural buildings which are not producing mana, so prety much useless, even if that first reward looks promising

DeletedUser

All sources I can check are claiming it means something like "wither, weaken, languish," nowadays chiefly restricted to Scottish dialect.
Yes you are quite right about the meaning: decline, weaken, or fade away

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys! Thanks for your early feedback. We have forwarded the info and we'll look into it.
As for this, please keep in mind that this is in fact a Beta-server. Which means that everything will first be 'tested' on this server, before bringing it to live versions.
This results in events being run earlier than in the timeframe they are intended to run, so we have enough time to gather feedback, find bugs and make modifications if necessary :)

DeletedUser118

Hey guys! Thanks for your early feedback. We have forwarded the info and we'll look into it.

As for this, please keep in mind that this is in fact a Beta-server. Which means that everything will first be 'tested' on this server, before bringing it to live versions.
This results in events being run earlier than in the timeframe they are intended to run, so we have enough time to gather feedback, find bugs and make modifications if necessary :)

I know I know. Its just that, even if this is a beta, I don't think it would hurt to give us a little more time than the live servers, so both have at least the "Halloween feeling" inside the game.

You could also test christmas questlines in summer and it would still feel kinda weird. :)

DeletedUser1095

1] The questgiver sometimes says "Boohoo", which is the sound of weeping. The sound of ghosts/scariness is just plain "Boo".
2] One of the quests requires us to make beverages 111 times and gather 11 relics. The former is boring drudgework, and the latter is quite unreasonable when most of us can't fight in provinces. If you want players to enjoy the quests you need to modify both requirements.

DeletedUser1677

I love the events.
It makes the game more interesting, that something new happens like that :)

DeletedUser1681

From release notes 1.15: We have made some major changes... this change will help solve an issue where quests that ask to upgrade or construct buildings did not complete correctly
Task #9. Upgrade 3 buildings to level 3 or higher.

yay!! worked!! :) after some hellish times trying to complete quests late last summer in US server this was a quest that sent chills down my spine - but happy now :)

SoggyShorts

I thought I just got super lucky finding a power of provision spell on wonky event while doing visits....but it didn't count.
Any chance you can change it to "gain 2 PoP spells" instead of "produce"? for the Halloween event?
Edit: I think this would also solve the bug where if you collect 2 at once from you MA it only counts as one.

EDIT2: (to avoid double post)
Will this launch on Oct 24 to finish at halloween, or Oct 31?
For me if it starts this monday, I'll hold off a bit on making granite mines and removing my wonky workshops
foqa0n.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser1548

I am in a Dwarven Chapter and my MA is idle for most of the time as I have no steel relics anymore.

I was able to produce Power of Provision spell but now I see I will have to make another 3 or scout 3 times.
It's counted separately so for me it's very diffcult right now.

Why is it always about Power of Provision? Would it be that bad if we chose what kind of spell we want to produce?