• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.15

DeletedUser651

Instead of facing 5 squads, I am facing 8. The fights are a lot longer. And I am not a great fighter, but I am ok at it. I can usually make it through many fights in the tournaments with no losses. I am now in danger of losing the entire fight. I have had large losses in all the fights and I have tried so far, and that was only on province 1.

I wonder if we all have the same enemies and the same fights, or if you get really hard fights if you have scouted out farther. But for me, these tournaments (which used to be baby level fights) are now difficult, but doable with large large losses.

What am I supposed to do with 4 squads of dogs and 4 squads of steinlings? What works on one enemy doesn't work on the other. If I use sorcs, the dogs decimate them. If I use golems, the steinlings can do a lot of damage. I tried using elder treants, but they don't do much damage to the dogs any more.

edit: Ok...just tried another fight. I was facing 6 squads of steinlings, 1 sorc III and 1 red dog. I sent in all sorc IIIs since they are supposed to be good against steinlings. I had 9 sorcs per squad. I lost one entire squad, and I lost 2 sorcs out of three other squads.

Keep in mind this is a baby fight...where they only had 7 steinlings per squad and I had 9 sorc IIIs.

edit: Maybe this is just me and I am pathetic at fighting. I see a lot of people who managed to get through 10 or more provinces in these fights. They must be able to win without huge losses. So, clearly someone has learned how to beat these fights.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The first question I asked about this "redesign" was whether we'd be able to continue to win as many KP/Relics as we currently do/did. Even if others got through 10 Provinces - if their losses were relatively higher, then they won't be able to fight week after week...

Net result: fewer KP...in a game that is increasingly about gaining the insane numbers of KP required to upgrade Wonders.

It's getting hard to dismiss the notion that they're just playing a game of attrition with advanced players, while milking new players for cash.

DeletedUser1231

I made at the moment 11 provinces for the level 1 of the tournament. The losses are much more important than before but the training of new units is faster. Thus I shall have to be able to redo in one day more troops than that I lost in my battles of the tournament level 1. Thus I waits to see the difficulties of the following levels.

At the moment the tournaments are not more difficult to make than before.

DeletedUser651

I am also wondering if the difficulty of the tournaments changes depending on how many provinces you have cleared. How many provinces have you cleared, and what kinds of enemies did you face? And what unit did you use against dogs?

Heymrdiedier

I am also wondering if the difficulty of the tournaments changes depending on how many provinces you have cleared. How many provinces have you cleared, and what kinds of enemies did you face? And what unit did you use against dogs?
Im in dwarven chapter (an did bare minimum of provinces) and haven researched granite golem yet. For me the tournement suddenly beca&me possible to fight. For example my first battle in first province was against 2 red dog packs. Wich i could easily manage with my curren army. next fight was steinlings and some dogs, still doable, and after that it became a mix of dogs steinlings and enemy enchantress 2 . the enchantress made it a lot harder since now enemy has strentgh to my golems, wich i use against the steinling and dogs. (cause treants are too slow to be valuable?)

DeletedUser1231

@benroq , did you play manually or auto?
auto
I am 330 provinces conquered at present.
for the dog, with golem and sword dancer when he had one or several necromancer there opposite, and with 5 treant when he did not have of necromancer there opposite.

DeletedUser1232

I have to give up the tournament, it's impossible win. I am 318 provinces. So, too hard the tournaments, too hard encounters, we have to leave the play?

DeletedUser1095

For me the tournaments are now about the level I'd like the regular fights to be. I used to fight all the tournaments; now I have to cater some; and it definitely takes a lot longer to fight, and I have a lot more losses. Maybe that would be okay with me if the rewards were worth something to me but as it is it seems way more appropriate to the regular battles than to tournaments.

In the "real" fights I'm swatted down like a fly every time I try. I don't know how to count rings or where I can find a tally of how many provinces I've taken, but it's a lot because until recently I was living in a wasteland. So I scouted and fought and scouted and fought as hard as I could just to get within reach of a few other active players, and maybe I've explanded farther than the devs wanted me to. But I'm also close to the end of the orc chapter, and have good fighters in my guild to advise me, so my units should have some chance in the battles. But no.

The "new battle system" is clearly broken. Can we have some acknowledgement of that, and hear when it will be rolled back or fixed, please?

DeletedUser651

I don't know how to count rings or where I can find a tally of how many provinces I've taken

I'm not 100% about the rings, but I think it is this: go to a battle in your regular world (not tournament), and click on the battle. Before you have to set any of your soldiers it will show you the rewards for clearing that fight.....1kp 1 relic and x number of ranking points. The ranking points you can win tell you what ring you are in.

As for provinces, go to builder and hover over province expansions with your mouse. That should tell you.

The "new battle system" is clearly broken. Can we have some acknowledgement of that, and hear when it will be rolled back or fixed, please?

That^^

DeletedUser1477

Well, with this update I’ve come to a screeching halt. I was fighting in a province just before the update, and won the battle with minimal losses. Just returned and thought I could finish the province (2 fights left), but guess what… I was exterminated at the beginning of round 2 :mad::mad::mad:
This is no fun anymore :(:(:(

You are right

DeletedUser629

I sure hope that you, Goryn, get unlimited troops to try to learn this new system on. Because otherwise, it will be months if not years of us all trying a fight, losing our entire army, waiting a few days, try it again, lose again. etc. etc. And it may turn out that these fights are indeed NOT winnable.

Or maybe that pentagon is wrong? Maybe there is only one kind of unit you can use against another specific type of unit? Elder treants sure can't handle orcs in far provinces.

i have unlimited troops, but it still takes a lot of time to figure this stuff out.

DeletedUser

Goryn, any news regarding the armories? it has been asked several times if they are going to be scaled like the squads and the bulwark were and we still didn't get an answer...

DeletedUser629

Goryn, any news regarding the armories? it has been asked several times if they are going to be scaled like the squads and the bulwark were and we still didn't get an answer...

I do not have the answer to that question yet. Will get back to that when i do.

DeletedUser651

i have unlimited troops, but it still takes a lot of time to figure this stuff out.

Then I will wait for you to test this out and tell us if this is all doable. There is zero point in my trying any more of these fights and then waiting days for troops to build back up again when it is very possible they are not possible.

Let us know!! Good luck!

DeletedUser1681

Update release notes mention last addition tuesday 20th, however when I log into the game I see v 1.15.6 dated 21st - has something changed ?