• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes 1.10 & Orcs and Goblins have been spotted in Elvenar!

DeletedUser338

I agree on that one. It's just unpractical. I mean, sure, I can collect every 12 hours, but I'd rather have some shorter times too. And no way anyone who's actively playing is actually gonna put the timer on 4 days.

CrazyWizard

luckily they are oly 2x2 so you can drop a lot of those little buggers.

To bad the timer aint 23 hour so you can keep harvesting them on the same time of the day.

DeletedUser1095

I feel the requirements for upgrading the orc portal are unreasonable.
Anyone who's played Elvenar this long clearly enjoys a slow-paced game, but there are limits. Over 10K mushrooms plus debris that'll take days to produce is too much dreary waiting, and not fun. Dear Devs, please lower the demands! Even lopping off 25% would be much more encouraging, motivational and uplifting.

DeletedUser213

They did something right!
The Grab Rap Shroom is the funniest thing they have come up with yet.
The action is hilarious.

DeletedUser1095

Having raised a few more orc structures:
The costs for everything are too high, and the production times too long.
Reduce both a bit please, dear Devs, and it'll still be slow going but more fun and motivational.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

I have to wait a lot just to get a first rally point; and then again for the second one;
production in farms and rally points is so slow
I am afraid that many KPs will feed my AWs and those of my fellowship ...
too few expansions for this chapter; 4 is not enough

DeletedUser118

Uhm may I ask why I suddenly have to research the latest added Wonders first before I can continue researching the rest in the research tree? o_O

Is it mandatory now? o_O

Why is there no information out yet? o_O

Jixel

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating - I was about 10KP away from completing the research for Orc armory, now I'm 120 KP away - and on top of that, my chance of getting the rune shards I need is going to be forced to be worse. Once again, the perfectly reasonable tactical choice to forgo certain wonders so that I actually had half a chance of getting the rune shards I needed has been taken away ... sheesh.

DeletedUser1095

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating - I was about 10KP away from completing the research for Orc armory, now I'm 120 KP away - and on top of that, my chance of getting the rune shards I need is going to be forced to be worse. Once again, the perfectly reasonable tactical choice to forgo certain wonders so that I actually had half a chance of getting the rune shards I needed has been taken away ... sheesh.

Sheesh is one word for it! This sudden requirement to go back to the extra "wonder" technology has completely drained my motivation to plod onward. Denying players these traces of autonomy in how we approach the game is thoroughly discouraging, and doing it *now*, when a new tech chapter has just opened, feels downright punitive.

Please suspend this requirement for a few weeks. It won't hurt Inno's goals to roll it back for now, and it'll cheer the players up a lot.

And/or: Are you going to offer us an attractive deal on KP packages in the nearest future? :cool:

Please suspend this requirement for a few weeks.
And at what point in time would you have wanted us to do this, then? :) We already waited several weeks before we did this (that is: 1 month after the release of the Ancient Wonders for Chapter V, up until almost 2 months since the release of those of Chapter II). At what point would you find it "reasonable" or "acceptable" that we make new technologies part of the core technology tree?

DeletedUser118

Well you could have waited at least till the majority of players is done with the Orc techtree. You are stopping us from continuing the game the way we like to do it. And that only for some researches of Wonders that I for myself probably won't be building at all or even if, don't have the space for right now with all these Orc buildings inside my city. Space is too expensive right now to waste it with any kind of Wonders. So why am I forced to research anything else but Orc related things?

What makes these Wonders so important that they have to be researched right now instead of in a few weeks?

DeletedUser1095

And at what point in time would you have wanted us to do this, then?

As Katzenprinz suggests: Not when the majority of players are starting a new chapter in the tech tree. If you have to erode our free choice in what "wonders" we're interested in pursuing, please wait until a majority are finished with the orc tech tree and have nothing but "wonders" to spend our KP on.

Similarly, it would have been reasonable for you to do it (preferably with a couple of days' advance notice) before opening the orc chapter , if you have to do it at all. What feels punitive and unreasonable is demanding this now, when we should be excited to pursue the new technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1548

And at what point in time would you have wanted us to do this, then? :) We already waited several weeks before we did this (that is: 1 month after the release of the Ancient Wonders for Chapter V, up until almost 2 months since the release of those of Chapter II). At what point would you find it "reasonable" or "acceptable" that we make new technologies part of the core technology tree?
You did it too late.
When people are waiting for a new guest race it is not THAT painful to research a tech you do not want as you use your KPs only in AWs. You do not have a feeling you miss something.
Now? People are in a hurry to move forward in a tech tree and you put a brick wall just like that. Even though I research everything in an order I do not like it.

I can't believe Inno was so short sighted. It is impossible you do not know your game and your players like that, therefore I find this decision offensive and disrespectful. I know it sounds harsh. Sorry for that but I couldn't express it differently.

DeletedUser867

The only difference between the Optional>Mandatory shift this time, as compared to the previous 6 times, was that 4 of the AW techs were allowed FOUR weeks as optional, rather than then normal two.

If somebody has been sitting at the end of the Fairy chapter, and they intentionally decided to run up their score by contributing or exchanging KPs to their AWs and/or thought that they could cleverly avoid Runes that they didn't want, then they gambled that there would be a policy change.

There WAS NOT a policy change.

DeletedUser1548

@Katwijk, I did not gamble, I unlock all techs and it's not about policy it's about moment in time. When someone's singing me 'happy birthday' week after/before my birthday I'm not thinking 'it's so nice, he remembered!'...
This change was expected but not at this moment because it's the worst moment possible. It hurts people with a plan. Maybe that's the case? We should all be sheep? ;)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

You did it too late.
The initial plan would have been with the last update (which would have collided with the release of the Orcs & Goblins entirely, as it would have been in the same version). We prevented that from happening. Earlier was not possible, because we cannot introduce technologies as part of the core when we add them earlier in the research tree. The last Ancient Wonders (Chapter V) were added with update 1.9, update 1.10 had Orcs & Goblins, and this is 1.11: the first possibility to actually do it without it colliding directly with a big feature and research tree expansion.

What makes these Wonders so important that they have to be researched right now instead of in a few weeks?
We believe that players on average will spend several months on the Orcs and Goblins part of the research tree - if we wait until the majority of players has reached that, we hope to (at least soon) release more content - we don't want players to be stuck at the very end of the research tree without anything to progress towards anymore for too long. If we would include new technologies to the core loop then, we will have similar problems, just with content after the Orcs and Goblins rather than with the actual Orcs and Goblins.

Similarly, it would have been reasonable for you to do it (preferably with a couple of days' advance notice) before opening the orc chapter , if you have to do it at all. What feels punitive and unreasonable is demanding this now, when we should be excited to pursue the new technology.
You can always expect technologies that we add earlier to become part of the core technology tree at some point - especially when they are big features like new buildings with special effects, or the Tournaments (which will become part of the core too; likely with our next update). So, you can already prepare for that, if you haven't researched the Tournaments yet. ;)

DeletedUser283

honestly, @Muf-Muf , your estimation of :
We believe that players on average will spend several months
... is indeed quite overrated
my estimation (based on the total KP required) is 2.5 months at best;
and this is without accounting for the KPs we can win through the tournaments !

now we all know that because of the terrible production times of orc/goblin settelement buildings it will take longer for us to gather the orc resources needed to unlock technologies, but "several months", no, I don't think so :)

side note : yes, I know that "several" litterally means "more than one", but when I hear "several months", I tend to understand something higher than 3 because if it was 2 or 3, it would be simpler to say 2 or 3 :)