• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [10637] Orcs needed to cater in Tournaments

DeletedUser651

I am sure someone must have reported this already, but I can't find it. So I apologize in advance.

With the arrival of the new race, suddenly in order to negotiate a regular province or to even cater a tournament province you need orcs.

As we have yet to unlock the orcs or get anywhere with the chapter this is premature. People can't even clear provinces in order to get the KP needed to be able to unlock the chapters so they can make the orcs needed to clear the provinces needed to get the KP needed to be able to unlock the chapters so they can make the orcs needed to clear the provinces needed to get the KP needed to be able to unlock the chapters so they can make the orcs needed to clear the provinces needed to get the KP needed to be able to unlock the chapters so they can make the orcs needed to clear the provinces needed to get the KP needed to be able to unlock.....

See where I am going with this? ;)

DeletedUser503

Yes, if that is how it is , it's a Catch 22 and a very bad one.

DeletedUser118

Currently the only two ways of getting KPs are fights in tournaments and time. The peaceful ppl in this game sure have a problem right now.

DeletedUser867

Or you can use the little + sign to the right of the Knowledge Point bar to buy KPs although the price always goes up.
  • Coins
  • BOOSTED Goods
  • Diamonds
Supplies are missing, probably because you'll need them to train your troops.

DeletedUser1513

Also aiding players and open chests retrun frequently extra KP's!

DeletedUser1548

Or you can use the little + sign to the right of the Knowledge Point bar to buy KPs although the price always goes up.
  • Coins
  • BOOSTED Goods
  • Diamonds

True but still fighters have 1 extra option to gain KPs which is currently blocked for pacifists or in other words one of the game options has been temporarily disabled. Something IS wrong.

DeletedUser1463

I guess the requirement for Orc heads in negotiations only applies to cities beyond some minimum distance, otherwise beginning players would be blocked right at the start... I am surprised they did not catch this issue internally, they expect everyone to be at the end of fairy tech already, or what?

DeletedUser1502

I currently have 20 more squares in the FAIRY research tree BEFORE I even get to the Orc/goblin start. It is at least 5 more square in that section before I can build a Breeding armory. but I need ORCS NOW to nego. a providence. I do NOT fight. I play this game because I DON'T NEED to fight. So my only recourse to finish a providence is TO FIGHT. And you want me to buy diamonds....ha, ha, ha... I don't think so.

DeletedUser651

So, mods, can you confirm whether or not this is bug? It would be great just to know. Thanks.

DeletedUser283

this is clearly incorrect behaviour from the game : one cannot expect a player to cater with orcs whils he/she has not researched the armoury upgrade in the orcs chapter :)
if it is an error, it must be fixed
if it is intended behaviour, them somebody's logic is broken.

It is intended that negotiating requires Orcs in provinces of distance 10 or further. If it happens below that, it should not be like that. Will have to check on the cater costs for tournaments.

DeletedUser651

Thank you for the response.

I disagree with this policy. I think it should only come once you have reached a certain point in the tech tree. As noted above, one player isn't even through the fairy chapter and now needs orcs to do clear more provinces.

This is really slamming the door on research for a lot of people.

How does it "slam the door on research"? The Orcs are required on the world map, not for unlocking technologies.

DeletedUser1548

It is intended that negotiating requires Orcs in provinces of distance 10 or further. If it happens below that, it should not be like that. Will have to check on the cater costs for tournaments.

Can you explain a bit why players are being blocked with revealing a bigger piece of a map?
It is a bit confusing... First we got chests at the beginning of every chapter forcing us to clear provinces in a certain number and now we get a limit as if time and costs of scouting were not enough.

Also with chests you made pacifists / casual players / expansion buyers angry and now you annoy the other half of players. That's strange.

Please feel free to open a discussion for that in the General Discussion section of the forum. A bug report is not the place to host such a discussion - the discussion would get lost, and that would be unfortunate. :)

DeletedUser1502

Please feel free to open a discussion for that in the General Discussion section of the forum. A bug report is not the place to host such a discussion - the discussion would get lost, and that would be unfortunate. :)

Ok...slightly different problem...I can NOW I CAN do some provinces but not others (Orcs needed to finish...ALL are more than 10 away) I have nothing left that close by.